Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And I won't need some "Editors Choice" award or an endorsement from a newsrag to tell me how much I want it.
    btw, before Jack reads this and has a stroke, I don't mean to sound like I'm singling him out. He just happened to be the one that posted the links.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    btw, before Jack reads this and has a stroke, I don't mean to sound like I'm singling him out. He just happened to be the one that posted the links.
    ...in a forum long, long ago, I met a Munkee. He was brash, abbrasive, and rude, and he had this Avatar that really ticked off a few people at the time. It was a burning Munkee Man. I immediately disliked him, but was also slightly in awe of him and his willingness to throw it all out there to prove his point, even when a five year with ADD would have been able to tell he was clearly in the wrong.
    As time went on we developed a begrudging respect, then admiration, then finally friendship for one another.

Then a new phone came out we all wanted and he turned in to a poopy-head.

The End.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    9,500 posts? What do you do for a living Insertion?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    9,500 posts? What do you do for a living Insertion?
    Did you just answer your own question or was that rhetorical?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    For instance,

Cnet gives the Q an 8.0 rating
    the Sprint 700p gets a 7.7

There you go everyone, since Cnet rates the Q higher, (as well as the BB 8700's and T-Mo SDA) better cancel your orders.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Cell_phones/...5.html?tag=dir
    GOD DARN IT!!! That settles it! I am going to cancel my order right now. I was still feeling dirty anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...in a forum long, long ago, I met a Munkee. He was brash, abbrasive, and rude, and he had this Avatar that really ticked off a few people at the time. It was a burning Munkee Man. I immediately disliked him, but was also slightly in awe of him and his willingness to throw it all out there to prove his point, even when a five year with ADD would have been able to tell he was clearly in the wrong.
    As time went on we developed a begrudging respect, then admiration, then finally friendship for one another.

The End.
    LOLROTF
    Good one Bob! My next step was to see if I could get a job where he works. I need something that I can make good money but have all the free time I want. I can't honestly say I would spend all my free time here with you fine ladies and gentleman though.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    YOU CAN MAKE THOU$AND$ PER MONTH FROM HOME:

TreoCentral.com, the nations largest and fastest growing web site dedicated to the Palm Treo, has immediate openings for 13 money-motivated individuals.

We are looking for individuals who are interested in "stirring the pot" and generating interest in the TreoCentral forums at TreoCentral.com. This job is not for the faint of heart, nor is it for the timid of opinion.

Do you:

* Enjoy typing
    * Understand what a Treo is (or any phone-based technology)
    * Have a sense of humor
    * Know how to swiftly, deftly anger people
    * Have knowledge about anything remotely related to life
    * Enjoy working from home in your spare time

Skills Required:

* Photoshop experience a MUST
    * Basic grasp of the English language (at least a 3rd grade level)
    * Experience with avoiding libel and/or defamation preferred
    * Typing skills at least 13+ wmp
    * Satire, Sarcasm and Story telling skills highly desired

You will work from home - posting on TreoCentral at whim; however, you must post at least 1 message in the forums per week to be considered "full time".

TreoCentral.com offers competitive six-figure salary, an exhaustive list of benefits (including home-gym reimbursement, 401K, health and dental insurance, company car, occassional use of company jet, 26 weeks of annual vacation, 31 paid sick days per year, child care reimbursement and more), professional wardrobe advice, and a company-provided Avatar.

If you feel you have what it takes to become a poster at TreoCentral please contact Haggar for a confidential interview.

Please note: This offer is subject to change or revocation at any moment.
    Wow great job! Only one post per week? How much is Insertion being paid for 200 posts per week? This guy is probably living next door to Shaq Oneal.

The End.
    That's SH!THEAD to you, pal!

You know I've been waiting for a 700p for a long time. But after a year and a half, this is what they give? I'm sorry I'm not dropping to my knees and eagerly ingesting the 700phallus like a lot of people seem to be doing.

Godammit Palm, give me a reason to pay $649 for a new Treo!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

The End.
    Dammit Doom, the more I see this, the more pissed off it makes me. Poopy-head??? WTF kind of name is this? It sounds like spoon talk to me, you big dumb Marine you! Is this what they taught you in that Naval Infantry School?!?

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Good one Bob! My next step was to see if I could get a job where he works. I need something that I can make good money but have all the free time I want. I can't honestly say I would spend all my free time here with you fine ladies and gentleman though.
    Monkey boy is aspiring to "Gates" stature. Under the current comp plan, he's making 6-fixgures an hour...
    For instance,

Cnet gives the Q an 8.0 rating
    the Sprint 700p gets a 7.7

There you go everyone, since Cnet rates the Q higher, (as well as the BB 8700's and T-Mo SDA) better cancel your orders.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Cell_phones/...5.html?tag=dir
    Quick! Cancel your orders, cnet gave the Samsung i500 an 8.5!
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_SPH_...?autoplay=true
    [QUOTE=i330]Quick! Cancel your orders, cnet gave the Samsung i500 an 8.5!
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_SPH_...?autoplay=true
    [/QUOTE

Somewhere on the reviews site, they say that the rating only counts for the time of the review. Obviously it extends a few months, but you can't expect a 3-year old cell phone to compete on the same playing field and have a superior rating. At the same time, you can't CNET to back over and re-rank their tons and tons reviews every month. Just compare ratings from phones around the same time.
    Sure you can. I just did and called up UPS and told them not to deliver my P today. - NOT!
  17.    #37  
    You're a bit more harsh than I would be (as funny as that sounds,) but still correct. These things are "Editors Choice." Hey, I have a website, if I said a 10 year old Moto StarTAC was my Editors Choice, would that make it the best?

You Palm 'Droids would be the first to bash the article if it gave the 6700, or Q it's Editors Choice.

I have no problem with the Treo line, or Palm for that matter. But it's hardly state of the art. And because some writer says its his/her favorite, doesn't make it the best. Only in their OPINION.
    I think you have to judge the source based upon its past rep. Now I am no fan of PC Rag. AFter all this is the outfit that:

1. In the Dec 1995 PC Roundup waxed eloquently about 2% differences between one vid card or another and the 5% advantage of SCSI hard drives....but failed to mention that the 65 Win95 machines in the roundup averaged 37% slower than the 35 W4WGs machines in the roundup.
    2. They gave an Edoitor's Choice tie to MS Access and Lotus Approach after giving Lotus 11 excellents in 12 categories with 1 good and MS got only 7 excellents and 5 good ratings. That's kinda like a Sports Page reading "White Sox tie World Series winning 2 games while Cubs win 4"

But like I wouldn't label a carrier based upon an experience with one CSR, I have followed Sascha Segan's articles over the years and found his work to be factual, authoritative and well researched.

And I don't take much notice when one Rag or the other gives the nod to a particular product but, as with the 700w, when almost every published article pans a product and says it doesn't quite compare to its predecessor, you can't help but conclude there's a consensus.
    The thing with the W is that you really can't compare it with the 650. It is mostly a different beast targeted at a different population. As one of those magazines pointed out, an IT Director has never gotten fired for buying Microsoft (insert joke here). The reality is that in some companies this is a very true statement and no one wants to put their neck on the chopping block by risking something else. That is what the W targets. It is what it is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12