Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    on the 700w I can listen to sirrius and surf the web or do anything else. I know the 700w is not perfect, but multitasking comes in habdy in these situations
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    May I ask how you got the Sirius to work? Is there a separate app, or does it come loaded on the 700p? Thanks for your time.
    It plays throught the Sprint TV program that comes preloaded on the phone. Sirius Hits comes with the EVDO package... you can buy a package of other channels for an additional charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    You can stream shoutcase MP3s in the background with PTunes today. If the built-in media player on the p doesn't allow this, I would bet good money that PTunes finds a way to build streaming WMA into an upcoming version.
    Pretty sure the guys at ptunes already know how to stream WMAs, they just dont have the licenseing issue resolved.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    yeah i love it too... and correction...

the upgrade is only $24.95....
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Ok, but was the data session interrupted, or were you still connected as you conducted your call?
    If you are asking does the phone return you to whatever you were doing before the answer is no... however this is an improvement over going to VM when in a data session...
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Pretty sure the guys at ptunes already know how to stream WMAs, they just dont have the licenseing issue resolved.
    Why would they need a license to stream unprotected WMAs? at the same time, how different could it be compared to streaming MP3?

anyhow, VERY disappointing, no bg support. when i heard Kinoma was responsible, i thought 'uh oh..bad news..'
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    Corporate store.... (legacy Sprint)
    Would it be a reasonably safe assumption that most other corporate stores will have at least a limited number of 700p's for sale on Sunday and that it is just the affiliate markets that will have to wait an extra week?
    Thanks for the info.

Oh well, I guess I will have to hope Verizon offers something similar, or a developer comes up with an app.

It plays throught the Sprint TV program that comes preloaded on the phone. Sirius Hits comes with the EVDO package... you can buy a package of other channels for an additional charge.
    If you are asking does the phone return you to whatever you were doing before the answer is no... however this is an improvement over going to VM when in a data session...
    Definitely an improvement. I was just wondering if there was a voice over data feature, that's all. Thanks for the info!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Since you are the manager of a Sprint store, and you have the phones on hand, have you gotten any confirmed info on pricing??
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    Since you are the manager of a Sprint store, and you have the phones on hand, have you gotten any confirmed info on pricing??
    regular price is $649
    Quote Originally Posted by jwflutterby
    Would it be a reasonably safe assumption that most other corporate stores will have at least a limited number of 700p's for sale on Sunday and that it is just the affiliate markets that will have to wait an extra week?
    Yes and no... they will have them, but will they admit they have them, and/or be willing to sell them. The launch date most managers will stick to is the 6/4/06
  12.    #92  
    gharrod... I was joking earlier when I called you an *****, but I just read this comment from another thread we were in today.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    OK, this guy is a shill and I have to doubt anything he says right now. First in message #84 he states..." would make zero sense to ship phones that have inactive ESNs. That sounds like a story of a person that wanted a good reason to not sell a phone outside of the day that Sprint says is the launch date... "

Then in the above quote he states he has to..."activate the bad boy."

Be careful he seems to contradict himself.
    But geez... you are dumb... obviously when I was talking about the phones being shipped with un-active ESNs I meant they were not loaded in the system yet... when I said activate that bad boy I was reffering to placing service on it... you should pay more attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Why would they need a license to stream unprotected WMAs? at the same time, how different could it be compared to streaming MP3?

anyhow, VERY disappointing, no bg support. when i heard Kinoma was responsible, i thought 'uh oh..bad news..'
    WMA is a proprietary standard, and so is MP3. Microsoft has strict licensing policies. I am sure ptunes can play but not stream. This was does to help WM5 get an edge over POS. Microsoft probbly had to license streaming WMA jsut to get palm to use WM5 on the 700W

TCPMP streams WMAs, but on Windows machines, not POS. Pretty sure they can do it on POS but dont have permission.

P.S. still nobody willing to share a ROM?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Just called all the Sprint stores within 50 miles and all are saying they did not get their 700's in the last shipment, maybe sometime next week... I'm so disappointed
  15.    #95  
    Just called all the Sprint stores within 50 miles and all are saying they did not get their 700's in the last shipment, maybe sometime next week... I'm so disappointed
    Tell you what... come on down to my store and I'll hold one for you. errrrr.... ummmm.... not sure how you are going to know which one is mine, but never-the-less... I shall reserve one for you.
    Tell you what... come on down to my store and I'll hold one for you. errrrr.... ummmm.... not sure how you are going to know which one is mine, but never-the-less... I shall reserve one for you.
    ok, can you provide MapQuest directions from Flint-area MI?
  17.    #97  
    ok, can you provide MapQuest directions from Flint-area MI?
    I could, but I dont think that would be wise on my part... tell you what... you guess right and I'll be happy to throw in an extra $100 off... how about that? There are only 1500ish stores to pick from!
    I could, but I dont think that would be wise on my part... tell you what... you guess right and I'll be happy to throw in an extra $100 off... how about that? There are only 1500ish stores to pick from!
    I dunno, if I can't find your store, I might just have to take my business to that other store that's selling them early... Let's see Chicago isn't that far, I wonder if I could make it before the store closes...
  19.    #99  
    Well people I'm out... I have to go work some more and I've already spent too much time on here. If you have any questions PM me... I'll check it later tonight. After I go see X-Men that is.....
    gharrod... I was joking earlier when I called you an *****, but I just read this comment from another thread we were in today.

But geez... you are dumb... obviously when I was talking about the phones being shipped with un-active ESNs I meant they were not loaded in the system yet... when I said activate that bad boy I was reffering to placing service on it... you should pay more attention...
    I am kidding with you so don't take it personal but the saying they didn't need to be activated then that they did caused me to say...HUH?

Thanks for being a good sport.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast