Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    You can run mp3s in the background... not streaming XM on the blazer though...
    I think I already do this now with my 650. I thought we were supposed to be able to stream with the p.

That's one of the reasons I ordered it.
    I thought that was part of the p too, I'm not sure if you can do it with the 650 already. I know xm uses Windows Media for streaming, I thought maybe we had to buy pocket tunes deluxe to do this so we could do it in the background instead of using blazer to go to the xm link to listen.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    I think I already do this now with my 650. I thought we were supposed to be able to stream with the p.

That's one of the reasons I ordered it.
    You can stream shoutcase MP3s in the background with PTunes today. If the built-in media player on the p doesn't allow this, I would bet good money that PTunes finds a way to build streaming WMA into an upcoming version.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    I am happy to report that Sprint Multimedia functions work great... you can see me watching Fox News and listening to Sirius Radio...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/791...429orig9vw.jpg http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2...439orig3mz.jpg
    How does the streaming Sirus work? Is it included in a Sprint package or do you have a Siruis account and you are listening to an online broadcast? Does it get all the Sirius channels or just a select package?
    You still haven't answered my question, where did you get it? And how can we get one?
    When online and a call comes in, is your internet connection suspended, or are you able to surf the web while on the phone?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    You still haven't answered my question, where did you get it? And how can we get one?
    I believe he works in a Sprint stpre in Alabama
    I believe that icanbeatali is saying that you can play MP3's in the background but can't play XM via Blazer in the background (since Blazer has to be active).

Also, I believe I read that the version of pTunes that's built-in will not support streaming radio. You'll need to upgrade for that (and DRM WMA support). Hopefully the pTunes folks will offer separate upgrades for those as I might want streaming radio but don't care about DRM WMA.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    He's the manager of a Sprint store in an undisclosed location. The store received 3 of them today.

[he provided this info in a different thread]
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...welcome to the gharrod SMACKDOWN.

Ouch.

Hey...g-man...since I'm bald, can I just say "Who loves ya, baby?"

It's all good.
    Noooooo, we can't have a smackdown... I'm too happy right now to make things ugly...
  11.    #71  
    He's the manager of a Sprint store in an undisclosed location. The store received 3 of them today.

Sry I missed your question.... Haggar is correct....

Is he the manager of a Sprint store or an authorized reseller type store...
    to my knowledge there is only one version of upgrades to the Deluxe version of Pocket Tunes...

it's currently version 3.1 and is $34 - ouch!
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    When online and a call comes in, is your internet connection suspended, or are you able to surf the web while on the phone?
    I stand corrected from my arguments before I got the phone. I tried this and what do you know... a phone call came through while in an ACTIVE data session....
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    to my knowledge there is only one version of upgrades to the Deluxe version of Pocket Tunes...

I've paid for the Deluxe version for my 650. Hope I can use the same code w/o paying extra to enable the deluxe version when my 700p comes.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwflutterby
    Is he the manager of a Sprint store or an authorized reseller type store...
    Corporate store.... (legacy Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj

Trust me, Deluxe is well worth the extra $$$. I've had it since the 600

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I stand corrected from my arguments before I got the phone. I tried this and what do you know... a phone call came through while in an ACTIVE data session....
    Ok, but was the data session interrupted, or were you still connected as you conducted your call?

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    May I ask how you got the Sirius to work? Is there a separate app, or does it come loaded on the 700p? Thanks for your time.

I am happy to report that Sprint Multimedia functions work great... you can see me watching Fox News and listening to Sirius Radio...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/791...429orig9vw.jpg http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2...439orig3mz.jpg
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Please test browser performance on...
    dslreports.com/mspeed
    I ran the test again, and it said 217 kbits/sec.... I live in a better area for EVDO than my store is in... I'll check it again when I get home...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast