1.    #1  
    Well, I ordered a p, got the box today - and had a w. The order form said w; my online order said p. Called them - it seems they are out of stock on the p and their best guess is that they're shipping w's. Why, I have no idea but they are obviously screwed up. My guess is that the shipping folks see 700, decide it's a typo and change orders to the w.

The good side is I can take the machine to a vzw store and swap it out. When they get them in, sometime in early June.

Anyone else have this experience?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that you got a "w" instead of a "p". Actually someone in the board was making that joke before. (So I'm actually laughing.. SORRY).

BTW: how did you order? Through the web or telesales?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    Website. They still show it as available but the web customer service sales say it is OOS. Telesales says it's not available.

If they ship w's instead of p's it's going to be a long day for CS.

Oh well. I'm laughing too. Stuff happens.
    Last edited by jcoffey; 05/26/2006 at 01:59 PM.
    This should be interesting. I ordered my 700p on the Web and the status now says it has been processed and I should receive it in a couple of days. Did VZW tell you you can swap it out at the store? What happens if it is past 15 days? (It could happen.) I wonder if anyone else has received a p or a w from Web sales.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    This should be interesting. I ordered my 700p on the Web and the status now says it has been processed and I should receive it in a couple of days. Did VZW tell you you can swap it out at the store? What happens if it is past 15 days? (It could happen.) I wonder if anyone else has received a p or a w from Web sales.
    Yes they said to swap it at a store when they get them in or ship it back. I am willing to wait to ship it back in hopes of getting a store swap since the price was $399; i'm not sure what they will do if I send back and reorder at a higher price. While VZW has been good at fixing problems it sometimes takes a while to get to someone who understands what happens AND can fix it.

The ETA for stores is 4 - 7 June so I have some time.

Jim
    Ouch!
    Hrmmm.. I got my P today from verizon and the president wanted one and ordered it today and they said i'll have it by tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    Yes they said to swap it at a store when they get them in or ship it back. I am willing to wait to ship it back in hopes of getting a store swap since the price was $399; i'm not sure what they will do if I send back and reorder at a higher price. While VZW has been good at fixing problems it sometimes takes a while to get to someone who understands what happens AND can fix it.

The ETA for stores is 4 - 7 June so I have some time.

Jim
    Thanks. I'll just have to wait and see what they send me. What Web sales number did you call?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    Thanks. I'll just have to wait and see what they send me. What Web sales number did you call?
    The 877.483.3010 one that is listed on the order form. You have a different one?

Jim
    Well, I take back all the bad things I've said about VZW (almost). Just after I posted here, my mail room delivered me a Fed Ex box from VZW. (They had received it this morning.) It is a 700p! So, I ordered it the Web on Tuesday evening. On Thursday the status changed from "Order received" to "processed" and I got in on Friday. Not bad. I'm going to show some self control and not start playing with it until this evening. Unfortunately, I expect my plans for getting things done around the house this weekend are out the window.