Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    .prc files aren't what's needed. If you look at the ROM updates, they're .xprc files with the x being a few different options. Your phone won't work at all if you put those .prc files into your ROM.
  2.    #162  
    Yea, They need to be hacked.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, Solitaire works on the 650.
    Maybe I am looking at something different but all the files in what I got were prc's, there is not one xprc listed there.

Okay, looking at it again... I see fat32.prc, aachelper.prc, aacpluscodec.prc, bejeweled!.prc, pdftogo.prc, etc... All of those are not native 650 ROM apps. Once again i havent tried any of them, but there was more then one rom dump posted in this thread and of the ones I saved only one had the files in prc format which is what I am looking at.

I havent tried any of them, I am only going by what is listed...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    xprc files are what you need to put into the ROM. Just go back and look at the ROM updates from Palm and you'll figure out what files are needed.
    I dont know what everyone else wanted, but my only purpose for wanting the ROM files was to see if the new Blazer would work. SO I am only motivated enough to try the Blazer files.... My 650 ROM is fine, so I would rather leave that up to the more adventerous TCers...

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  7.    #167  
    I think I mentioned before, that alot more work is involved than just adding or replacing certain prc's.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I dont know what everyone else wanted, but my only purpose for wanting the ROM files was to see if the new Blazer would work. SO I am only motivated enough to try the Blazer files.... My 650 ROM is fine, so I would rather leave that up to the more adventerous TCers...
    Like was already mentioned in this thread, you cannot put the Blazer prc files into your ROM and expect your phone to work. You need the correct xprc files.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Not as close as I would like. I'm hopefull that it will be done in a couple of months. It should take at least that long for the major firmware update from Palm to fix all of the 700p's bugs. Once those are both complete, the 700p should be a great device. Though the rumors about the Rev.A 750p coming out near the end of this year are worrisome to all of the 700p owners who jumped the gun.
    Yikes, I was hoping to be in there removing the quick tour and download apps a lot sooner than that. I got used to that nice ROM Tool where I could just remove the .prc files I didn't want from my folder and dump everything back into ROM.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    xprc files are what the ROM contains. That's how they come from Palm. I don't know if it makes a difference or not by having only the prc files from the ROM dump.
    2000 Man, I'm not saying 700P files will run in 650 ROM but while xprc files appear after an update, normal prc's do run.

In my case, I loaded Versamail 3.5 prc's and PIM 1.3 prc's from Blackberry Connect Installer in my 650 ROM Unlocked GSM and it's been running fine for a week now.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    2000 Man, I'm not saying 700P files will run in 650 ROM but while xprc files appear after an update, normal prc's do run.

In my case, I loaded Versamail 3.5 prc's and PIM 1.3 prc's from Blackberry Connect Installer in my 650 ROM Unlocked GSM and it's been running fine for a week now.
    Did you load those prc's onto your 650 or 700p?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    crawform,

sorry if I wasn't clear, I loaded the Versamail and PIM prc's into my 650 ROM, I posted a step by step here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116600
    crawform,

sorry if I wasn't clear, I loaded the Versamail and PIM prc's into my 650 ROM, I posted a step by step here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116600
    Got it.

prc files do work in ROM, just not the Blazer prc files from the 700p ROM dump.
    Another reason why I havent tried it. I'll wait for the other more adventurous types... Or go without. Cause Blazer is the only thing I am interested in at this point. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by bonron
    prc files do work in ROM, just not the Blazer prc files from the 700p ROM dump.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Any further progress..???
    Bump.
  18.    #178  
    Hey Matt,
    Are you making any progress on the RomTool for the 700p?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Hey Matt,
    Are you making any progress on the RomTool for the 700p?
    Nothing yet - it'll likely be a while before I get my hands on a 700p to test things with (whenever Palm's developer loaner program gets them).
    People, did you even look at the content of the files? .prc files are only renamed .bprc/.cprc/... files from ROM. Just open each file in text editor and it starts with its real name. Sometimes the whole file name is different.

Example: Messaging app
    ROM / Real file name in Treo
    TexterApp.bprc / Nexter.prc
    TexterApp_CROW.cprc / Nexter_CROW.prc
    TexterApp_CROW_enUS.lprc / Nexter_CROW_enUS.prc
    TexterApp_enUS.oprc / Nexter_enUS.prc
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast