Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste
    you go from telling me to chill..

To insulting me?

You dont know two f$cks what my internet prowess is.
    Guys,

This is NOT the place for this and has NOTHING to do with the tread. PLEASE take hostilities to another place

Regards,

Jim
    mmastrac did you know when we will see files from 700p to 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasma
    mmastrac did you know when we will see files from 700p to 650?
    It'll be a while - some of the core OS changes have made many of the files tougher to port back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    It'll be a while - some of the core OS changes have made many of the files tougher to port back.
    It you and the RomTool is the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    Now that there's a dumped bootloader, I might be able to hack one out within the month. The only problem is that there's no real way to test it right now.
    I can help.. I have the phone and programming experience... I really hate all of the extra garbage cluttering my pretty new phone
    My wallet thanks you, I will keep my eyes peeled for developing results! Not intending to buy the 700P for now either... I have WAY too much software on my 650 to justify losing all of my most needed apps. Not sure if they work on the 700 yet...

Many thanks for answeing my inquiry. =)

I'm almost tempted to try out the 700P's Blazer on my own after downloading this ROM dump... But I will wait patiently, for now. =P

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    So Far- No
    But there is promise.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    My wallet thanks you, I will keep my eyes peeled for developing results! Not intending to buy the 700P for now either... I have WAY too much software on my 650 to justify losing all of my most needed apps. Not sure if they work on the 700 yet...

I'm almost tempted to try out the 700P's Blazer on my own after downloading this ROM dump... But I will wait patiently, for now. =P
    I envy your restraint, I was planning to wait a few months until all the apps I use were fully working on the 700 but I didn't hold up too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse

How are you going to extract the Blazer files from the ROM dump to try on your 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    How are you going to extract the Blazer files from the ROM dump to try on your 650?
    I was wondering that as well but figured she prolly just knew a trick that I hadn't read about yet....
    Perhaps I'm missing something... I don't understand the question. Actually I don't understand where we stand with this thread...

When you unzip the ROM dump, there are 462 PRC files and 1 PDB file. Four PRCs are clearly related to Blazer, based on the file names. The largest one is named Blazer.prc and is 519KB.

Is there some data that needs to be extracted and converted from some 700p-specific system file to get Blazer to work? Is that what Matt and others are working on?

And will none of these 700p apps work on the 650 if I simply copy them to 650 RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Perhaps I'm missing something... I don't understand the question. Actually I don't understand where we stand with this thread...

When you unzip the ROM dump, there are 462 PRC files and 1 PDB file. Four PRCs are clearly related to Blazer, based on the file names. The largest one is named Blazer.prc and is 519KB.

Is there some data that needs to be extracted and converted from some 700p-specific system file to get Blazer to work? Is that what Matt and others are working on?

And will none of these 700p apps work on the 650 if I simply copy them to 650 RAM?
    How are you unzipping the ROM dump? All I have is a .bin file. Also, the files that go into ROM are normally .xprc files with the x being any number of letters.
    There was more than one "ROM dump" linked in this thread. I only unzipped one of them, but I know the other was a different size. Perhaps that one was the bin file...

And I don't understand the xprc comment... Is that for one of the custom ROM tools?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    There was more than one "ROM dump" linked in this thread. I only unzipped one of them, but I know the other was a different size. Perhaps that one was the bin file...

And I don't understand the xprc comment... Is that for one of the custom ROM tools?
    xprc files are what the ROM contains. That's how they come from Palm. I don't know if it makes a difference or not by having only the prc files from the ROM dump.
    Anyone willing to try and put the Treo 650 versions of versamail and calendar in the 700p ROM, so that we can try to get Blackberry Connect to work on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Anyone willing to try and put the Treo 650 versions of versamail and calendar in the 700p ROM, so that we can try to get Blackberry Connect to work on the 700p?
    Read the thread. There aren't any 700p rom tools yet.
    Read the thread. There aren't any 700p rom tools yet.
    Thanks 2000 Man. It appeared as if you guys were/are on the brink of getting the ROM tool to work. I guess I jumped the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Thanks 2000 Man. It appeared as if you guys were/are on the brink of getting the ROM tool to work. I guess I jumped the gun.
    Not as close as I would like. I'm hopefull that it will be done in a couple of months. It should take at least that long for the major firmware update from Palm to fix all of the 700p's bugs. Once those are both complete, the 700p should be a great device. Though the rumors about the Rev.A 750p coming out near the end of this year are worrisome to all of the 700p owners who jumped the gun.
    Rev.A 750P? Where did you hear about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Rev.A 750P? Where did you hear about this?
    Someone from Sprint who's usually very well informed. Take it with a grain of salt though because it will depend on a lot of factors. He didn't know if it was supposed to be a true Palm or the new Linux/Palm OS. Sprint would still have to get Rev.A rolled out too.
    One of the ROM dumps posted has the files in their native form. It was the rom dump called 700P_ROM_Dump.zip that was posted about 10 pages back. Once I unzipped it had all the Blazer files in it (as well as every other program on there) ending with the *.prc extension. I am still not brave enough to try any of them as of yet...

Since they are all in native palm prc format I would assume I can just sync them to install....

Quote Originally Posted by jwflutterby
    I was wondering that as well but figured she prolly just knew a trick that I hadn't read about yet....
    Last edited by techprincesse; 06/06/2006 at 01:41 PM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast