1. jjd
    We all know that the 700p doesn't officially support the WiFi card.

But has anyone tried it? Perhaps it sort of almost works, or perhaps you have to reboot your Treo after using it and Palm didn't consider that acceptable so they didn't say it was supported.

If someone has a 700p and a wifi card, give it a try.

--Jim--
    I plugged the Palm WiFi card I had that worked on my Treo 700w into my new 700p (VZW) and nothing happens...the card won't even power up. The interesting thing is that page 90 of the VZW quick reference guide to the unit states: "The Treo 700p smartphone may be used with a SDIO WI-FI card; however, the user must ensure the SDIO Wi-FI card has been approved by the FCC for use with the Treo 700p smartphone. For a list of SDIO cards approved by the FCC for use with the Treo 700p smartphone, please go to www.palm.com/us/support/treo700pverizon ."

Of course, there's no reference to Wi-Fi when you go to the page.
    I am on the Verizon webinar right now and this is one of the Q&A

Question: Will the Treo P accept the Wifi card I am using on my Palm T and TX
    Answer: SD card? Yes.
    Question: will wifi cards work with the 700p. I read a tech article on Sunday that said that the SD slot is currently incompatible.

Answer: SDIO cards absolutely. Actually, it is quite possible that the Enfora 650 WiFi sled may work also, but we have not specifically tested it. The article you read must have been the Motorola Q. We use SD/MMC/SDIO slots while they use miniSD. It is miniSD that is incompatible.
    So which one works, and where are the drivers?

Surur
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ?? Huh? Is this true? enagel tried it and says no.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    So which one works, and where are the drivers?

Surur
    My best guess is, Palm will release drivers for the Palm Wifi card. It is supported on the 700w, so the hardware is not an issue.

All of this should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. I certainly won't believe it until I have it working for myself.
    Exactly, take it with a HUGE grain of salt. This would be aseome news if it's true, and I'd love to believe it, it's jsut hard to believe,lol.

The reason that their wifi card worked with the 700w is because Windows Mobile fully supports it. I was under the impression that garnet could not handle having an EV-DO radio, and wifi. Garnet does support WiFi and BT on handhelds, so maybe this could happen?
    Jimmie Geddes
    While the Palm Wi-Fi card worked fine on the 700w, absolutely nothing happens when trying it on the 700p. Would love to hear Palm clarify how this is supposed to work on the 700p.
    I thought Palm said when they introduced the 700p that it WILL NOT support their WiFi card.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    They did. And I'm leaning towards believing them.
    Any developments on the 700p and wifi ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernhauser
    Any developments on the 700p and wifi ???
    no
    Does anyone know if Enfora will release a sled for the 700P. I would think they will but I haven't seen anything about it yet.