Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    That WOULD surprise me. Specially with Verizoners posting about incompatible apps and the like
    my gess is both palm and psrint push back the sprint 700p. those of you new " palm developer" might have seen discussions of software problems with the 700p in the deveoplemt forums as late as 48 hours ago.

should begin shipping in about 10 days. probably sprint telesales before palm.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    my gess is both palm and psrint push back the sprint 700p. those of you new " palm developer" might have seen discussions of software problems with the 700p in the deveoplemt forums as late as 48 hours ago.

I doubt this is the reason. I mean...it's not like they are going to go through 300,000 boxes in the wharehouse and reload software. This is something they will have to patch. Delaying the release doesn't help much for software issues at this point...

People are now finally getting emails of their orders going through and getting ready for shipping from Palm... so it does not look like the above is the case.
    Just got the email from Palm
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    People are now finally getting emails of their orders going through and getting ready for shipping from Palm... so it does not look like the above is the case.
    Sicne sprint went to the trouble twice this month to issue press releases fro their own HQ and spin to all the tech press that they would release before VZN you can bet there is some kind of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I doubt this is the reason. I mean...it's not like they are going to go through 300,000 boxes in the wharehouse and reload software. This is something they will have to patch. Delaying the release doesn't help much for software issues at this point...
    I am sorry not to have been more specific.
    1) the problem could be any one of scores of interface issues that could be corrected on the sprint side without patching the software on the phone
    2) We don't know that sprint even has the units in their own warehouse. I have gotten drp ships on sprint phones from maker warehouses.

I don't want to be pessimistic. I will be happy as a pig if I get my handsets either from palm or sprint on tues or wednesday. I plan to check my two sprint stores on sunday a.m. as well. But I have seen this plenty of times before.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Sicne sprint went to the trouble twice this month to issue press releases fro their own HQ and spin to all the tech press that they would release before VZN you can bet there is some kind of problem.

I am sorry not to have been more specific.
    1) the problem could be any one of scores of interface issues that could be corrected on the sprint side without patching the software on the phone
    2) We don't know that sprint even has the units in their own warehouse. I have gotten drp ships on sprint phones from maker warehouses.

I don't want to be pessimistic. I will be happy as a pig if I get my handsets either from palm or sprint on tues or wednesday. I plan to check my two sprint stores on sunday a.m. as well. But I have seen this plenty of times before.
    I think you'll see from other threads...the 700P is arriving at Stroll stores today...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Hey Now -

I just got my "order began processing" email from Palm for the Sprint 700p. I ordered my 700p on 5/22/06 @ 8:49am. I guess this means Tues or Wed delivery.
    Tuesday is my guess
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Tuesday is my guess
    Jimmie, unless you know something, my guess is that it's not shipping today.

When the 600s were shipped, they told us they had to ship by 4 PM to get overnight. I guess the early deadline was because they were shipping in bulk? It's sooooo sad I remember that from fall 2003, but I do.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    i wouldn't be so anxious for this thing if it weren't for this damn forum....but it's hard not to take a peak here every now and then
    1 | 2
    Why can't they ship them tonight or tomorrow? It could be Tuesday if they went out tomorrow.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/26/2006 at 04:04 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Do they ship on Saturday or is the Satuday service only for delivery?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    i wouldn't be so anxious for this thing if it weren't for this damn forum....but it's hard not to take a peak here every now and then
    Yeah, this is my current new addiction. And I though nothing could break me away from MySpace...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I ordered mine at 5:01pm not 5:22pm. I guess I won't be getting the email until tomorrow then because I noticed everyone who ordered in the AM hours are the ones who are getting it.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    i ordered monday 8:20am, still nothing. I am confident that it will come, no worries!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    5/24/2006 01:42:35 PM Current one no email yet ..... Had to cancel my first one which was 5/22/2006 02:22:56 AM

I hope I dont get screwed
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Do they ship on Saturday or is the Satuday service only for delivery?
    My gut feel right now is that the order will start processing today, actual shipping will be tuesday for an overnight delivery on Wednesday morning

... of course, that's just a gut feel, don't take it as gospel... In fact, I wish it would ship today and arrive tomorrow but I don't believe anymore
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I think Palm is going to be able to ship all the orders they took for Sprint. I'm sure you guys will get the email soon. It's kind of ridiculous we're getting so excitred because they've acknowledged our orders,lol. I can't imagine the giddiness around here when they actually say they shipped them
    Jimmie Geddes
    Another botched release from Palm. I don't know who was responsible for choosing the 28th as a release date (probably Sprint), but it was a bad choice. Consider this: If Palm can't deliver sooner than Sprint, then that means that they can't ship until Friday (assuming Saturday delivery isn't included in their overnight price) for delivery on Tuesday the 30th (after the holiday) or Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday the 31st.

Now that's all well and good if that was the plan and how it had to be, but if so, what were they possibly thinking by offering the device for pre-sale on their site the week before and proclaiming "free overnight shipping"?!? IMO, they deserve all of the bashing they're getting by getting people worked up expecting and wanting delivery this week when they probably knew from the get-go that we wouldn't be getting them until Wednesday. Sure, early-adopters are a small piece of their pie, but we're a very vocal part.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Palm just upated expected shipping dates. Sprint Treo 700p in stock, and Verizon 3-5 days.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast