1.    #1  
    This post is likely to be answered by Nanobeez, who runs treotricks, but I haven't gotten an answer from his email. Does anyone know if this is possible without buying a stereo headset adaptor, or a special headset from Seidio? I've read up on the headset jack fix, but it doesn't address this issue. I'd personally love to just plug in some simple 2.5 mm stereo headset and get stereo sound without going through special orders. Anyone have an answer? I don't mind soldering.
    You can purchase the adapter for 9 bucks, and you won't damage you Treo in the process with some sort of soldering. Go to radio shack or even better get it hear on Treo Central and support them.

But I guess you could order a few parts from radio shack and do your own soldering, oh way, that will end up costing you more than 9 buck.

Sorry, I'm not any help.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    This post is likely to be answered by Nanobeez, who runs treotricks, but I haven't gotten an answer from his email. Does anyone know if this is possible without buying a stereo headset adaptor, or a special headset from Seidio? I've read up on the headset jack fix, but it doesn't address this issue. I'd personally love to just plug in some simple 2.5 mm stereo headset and get stereo sound without going through special orders. Anyone have an answer? I don't mind soldering.
    I have used a combo headset from Seido to listen to MP3 music and get phone calls while I exercise, and it works great, sound is definitely stereo. You also also get a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, either with or without phone answering capabilities, and use standard, off the shelf headsets, like the very high quality but cheap Koss 90s. I used a combo of an Insten adapter and Koss 90 heaphones for about 6 months, until I went Bluetooth with the Plantronics Pulsar 590A headphones and Softick Audio Gateway, to get my stereo music without wires. If you don't mind wires, the Insten with the Koss headphones are great. I don't know why you'd risk cutting into your Treo for a headset jack when the adapters work pretty well and Bluetooth stereo is good option with the Audio Gateway software. There are alot of other Bluetooth strereo headsets that work with Audio Gateway and your Treo, according to the posts on this site and others. Look into Motorola, Sony, HP, all of the usual suspects.
    I use a Shure i2c-t headset, which comes with a 2.5mm adapter. It works fine, and is stereo.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Staples sells a set of headphone for pda's that cost around $9 that work just fine. You get stereo. You can also go to radio shack and buy an adapter that cost like $5 and use any head phone you want. I use the one from staples because it comes with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. It works great in the car as I have hooked up the treo to my cassette deck so that I can play mp3"s while sitting in this awfull DC traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    You should be able to plug in any 2.5 mm stereo headset and use it IF:

It is only a stereo headset, and does not have a mic

OR

It is made especially for the Treo 650 and 700

I actually have some Sony headphones from a tiny Sony radio tht came out for their 50th aniversary... good luck finding a pair though.

You could also maybe add a jumper in the Treo to use certain headphones that are wired differently, but it would disable the wired mic. I will look into it.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    You can purchase the adapter for 9 bucks, and you won't damage you Treo in the process with some sort of soldering. Go to radio shack or even better get it hear on Treo Central and support them.

But I guess you could order a few parts from radio shack and do your own soldering, oh way, that will end up costing you more than 9 buck.

Sorry, I'm not any help.
    I recommend the Seido adapter for 6 dollars. It does not stress the headset jack like the radio shack or palm adaptors.