Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Stream
    Can anyone try to measure the upstream/downstream speed via USB connection with this (300KB) tethering utility on PC/Mac? Note, that one may need to completely disable the bluetooth on the Treo. The driver installation is described in the included user's guide.

It does not matter if the PAM is enabled in the contract. Only the Unlimited Data Plan ($15) should be required for this utility, because it uses the normal phone NAI.

We'll give away the full versions to the first three people who will post the results.
    Using dslreports.com and the link to the speakeasy test (Seatle), connected via USB cable in Sprint EVDO area I get:

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-05-31 20:36:57 EST:
    532 / 71
    Your download speed : 532 kbps or 66.5 KB/sec.
    That is 16.6% better than an average user on spcsdns.net

Your upload speed : 71 kbps or 8.8 KB/sec.
    That is 6.5% worse than an average user on spcsdns.net
    I was getting 200 Kbits/sec till I cleared the cache then I was up to 330. I think that these tests don't illustrate the speed of the 700p. I have the 6700 and blazer is WAY faster than pie. I'm not sure why blazer gets bad results but it is fast - and thats what counts.
    I feel like I can finally browse the interenet on my phone.
    Lookout I'm not in a metro area and I'm getting a blazing 20k!
    I keep getting the "unstable/too fast" message when attempting to run dl any of the files -- including the 1MB. Have cleared Blazaer's cache just before the test -- same results.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue is?

PS - my connection is definitely not 'too fast'. Normal web browsing is snappy, but not off the hook fast.
  5.    #45  
    Please try this test site, which is the most accurate I've found.

speedtest.frontiernet.net
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I can't get the test to run in blazer, or opera from speedtest.frontiernet.net
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I can't get the test to run in blazer, or opera from speedtest.frontiernet.net

ditto -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Stream
    Can anyone try to measure the upstream/downstream speed via USB connection with this (300KB) tethering utility on PC/Mac? Note, that one may need to completely disable the bluetooth on the Treo. The driver installation is described in the included user's guide.

It does not matter if the PAM is enabled in the contract. Only the Unlimited Data Plan ($15) should be required for this utility, because it uses the normal phone NAI.

We'll give away the full versions to the first three people who will post the results.
    Here are my results using a server in LA. I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area w/ a 3-bar EvDo connection.

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-06-01 23:47:50 EST:
    320 / 64
    Your download speed : 320 kbps or 40 KB/sec.
    That is 25.7% worse than an average user on spcsdns.net

Your upload speed : 64 kbps or 8 KB/sec.
    That is 16.8% worse than an average user on spcsdns.net

I'm very glad you developed this app as mmastrac's solution did not work for me. Rock on!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123