1.    #1  
    Overall a very nice device and I think a pretty decent improvement over the 650.

a few things to note:

1. Button and nav pad seem to have issues with certain apps. For one, with Agendus 10.07, the hardware button settings to cycle views sometimes looses its setting and mixes up the "phone" button and "calendar" button where they get switched. It wasnt until I deleted a file named "Agendus Btn" that the "phone" button came back. Also, with xWeather, the "enable fast profile" doesnt work. Minor issues yes, but worth noting.

2. Major issue with LED and Butler - the LED DOES NOT flash when set to do so in Butler - no flash with chatter even though its set in both chatter and butler - emailed Rob, he said it would be a while before he can look into this. Same with missed calls,sms,etc. Thats a drag!

A gotta say, Blazer is fast!! A real joy if nothing else - google search simply rocks!

more later when I run it thru some more. Peace.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    1) Are you running Blazer in fast mode or full-featured (CSS, Javascript enabled) mode? I'd like to know how much faster it feels compared to the 650 when in full-featured mode.

2) How do you like the feel of the D-Pad compared to the 650? The 600? How about the thumbboard?

3) Reception better/worse/same as 650?

Thanks!
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    That sux that the led doesn't work with chatter, I depend on that.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Blazer is double the speed of 650 in full mode
    D pad is great
    Buttons also
    Reception kicks - I had Cingular before - I think Vz rules in my area - CT
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Ditto on Butler LED.
    Can you try running a dsl mobile speed report?

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    my LED works with Chatter. I dont have butler installed.
    Weird. I can't get Butler even to run. The developer says all he needs is the device identifier (which I gave him) to update the software.

For me, reception (before my phone died) was the same as or possibly a little worse than the 650.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Gotta give the developers time to work out the kinks- what's it been? 2 days?
    So the LED is working with chatter? Can you confirm this?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    How is this your first impression of the phone? You're complaining about compatability of third party software!! How about the actual phone itself? Improved bluetooth, vibrate, etc...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    How is this your first impression of the phone? You're complaining about compatability of third party software!! How about the actual phone itself? Improved bluetooth, vibrate, etc...
    my friend, if software doesnt work with the new hardware, well that could pose problems for us power users who buy these all in one devices for just that - software!

You have to look at the whole picture when using these devices - The treo has come a long way and I think that asking for it to work right with current software isnt too much to ask. Cheers

I do realize that yes its only two days old - just posting my thoughts!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  13.    #13  
    another issue - not sure if its carrier specific because my Treo 650 Cingular didnt have this issue:

distinct button lag when moving from button to button.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    What does that mean? Are you talking about lag time when changing apps using the dedicated app buttons (e.g., phone, mail)?

As for reception...I should have specified that your impressions would only be meaningful if you were going from a Verizon 650 to a Verizon 700p.

Another question...how is camcorder quality compared to 650? Still a blocky stuttery mess?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  15.    #15  
    Yes from app to app - say calendar (agendus) button and mail (chatter) button.

Yes sorry coming from Cingular here.

camcorder? its ok I guess
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    How is the crime deterrent feature, have you tried that out yet??