View Poll Results: Are you feeling shameful in falling to pre-order financial madness for the 700p?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO - Only regret is my order status hasn't changed once in the 160+ times I have checked.

15 33.33%
  • YES - I am feeling SOOO dirty & CAN'T get clean. Did my order status change yet? Let me go check.

9 20.00%
  • NO - I am sitting this one out. You are all Palm's willing, soap dropping, cellmate!!

17 37.78%
  • NOT YET - But I am breaking down quickly. Maybe if I drink just one more beer I'll be okay....

4 8.89%
  1.    #1  
    After getting my 600 upgraded to a 650 for a mere $50 via Lockline, I swore never again to bow to the pre-order new gadget madness that engulfed me with the Visor, 270, and 600. No WAY was I ever gonna fall into the hype and pay extra $$$ to get "the new shiznit" on the first week it came out. Yesterday, I then went home and joyfully admitted to my girlfriend that I had just ordered the 700p.

Today I am feeling remorseful and shameful. Like a recovering alcoholic who remembers how much he drank the previous night and can't believe the things he is slowly remembering that he did during that binge. I am, despite all I said just awhile ago, PALM's all too willing to lay back and pull the skirt up yet again girlfriend who then lends the boyfriend money even though she knows he will just use it go out to the nudey bar. Or maybe I am more like this boyfriend who uses this money to drop by the nudey bar every weekend to get those five couch dances with his favorite girl he just can't resist.

At any rate, I really can't wait to get my 700p! In the meantime I will have my shame to keep me company.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 05/26/2006 at 09:20 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Go take a shower and scrub off the shame
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    If only it were that simple.... The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing the madness is an epidemic. It's a disease and it's NOT MY FAULT!!! I was just born this way.
    Lame
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

The good news for my kid is that I almost have no excuse for not buying him whatever he wants given the amount I dropped on this phone. Good thing he can't talk yet.
    No way! I don't think anyone in my shoes would either. They might even feel bad for me knowing that I've been rocking this phone for years:

http://www.datavis.com/images/CELL/797553007302L.gif
    I don't feel remorseful at all because the new phone provides the functionality I wish my 650 had.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    The good news for my kid is that I almost have no excuse for not buying him whatever he wants given the amount I dropped on this phone. Good thing he can't talk yet.
    Yeah. I was thinking that too as my girlfriend inquired as to how much it was costing me. The answer is probably a weekend at her parents house.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Lame
    You mean like a fanboy Avatar, My Precious?
  10.    #10  
    I finally got the filth off and am getting excited. My Status says Order Received but I got an email on Memorial Day saying it shipped. I called Palm up to find out what was going on and they gave me a UPS tracking number. Should be here soon! Woohoo!