1.    #1  
    Can any Sprint users confirm you were not charged tax when you ordered from the Palm website?

I will be buying two phones and saving the sales tax would fund some accessory purchases.

I know that if you order from the Sprint website (I know you can't order the 700p there yet) you are charged sales tax. What about on the Palm site?
    Correct, unless you live in i believe CA and/or NY. But i could be wrong on that.
  3.    #3  
    Then I guess I should add, I live in New York. Anyone from NY not charged sales tax on Palm site?
    I live in NY and was not charged tax. $549 out the door.
  5.    #5  
    OK, thank you.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    In FLA - ordered from Palm site with No Tax!
    From the Treo Order page:

**Applicable sales tax will be added to orders shipped to KY, NC, PA, and Canada.
    **Applicable sales tax will be added to orders shipped to KY, NC, PA, and Canada.
    Alas, that explains why I was charged tax. I am from Philadelphia. Oh well. But it is still a great deal considering the $100 developer discount, the $150 trade in program, and the $250 service credit I was able to negotiate with Sprint's retention department. Once the phone is shipped (finally) I will call palm to see if I can still get the 1 Gig SD card as well.

Micah
    I don't know about other states but in Michigan supposedly when you buy something and aren't charged sales tax, you are supposed to report it on your income taxes and pay MI sales tax on it on top of your income taxes... I don't keep track of my $10-20 online purchases here and there so I've never claimed it but I don't know about a $550 phone, is there any way it could come and bite you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Correct, unless you live in i believe CA and/or NY. But i could be wrong on that.
    FYI: Ordered in CA, no Tax.
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'