1.    #1  
    I'm a Cingular customer bound to a 2YR agreement until March 2007. Once upon a time, I owned and loved a Treo 600 but I purchased a low-budget phone after my 600 was stolen. (Yeah, lock-line, woulda, shoulda, coulda...) I remembered treocentral as a great site for the treo latest buzz and am hoping you all can assist in my inquries as I consider the 700 models...

1. Is there any timetable for Cingular to release either the 700w or 700p? From what I understand, it is unlikely they will ever carry the 700w model. Likewise, there is no news tying Cingular to the 700's.

2. If I were to jump ship to another carrier which supports 700's, is there any way out of my Cingular contract? (Would I have to eat all the costs of my existing contract?) I may point out another reason to like Cingular is that in Chicago, they far and away provide the best reception, IMHO. Likewise, Cingular plans are generally more reasonable than Verizon.

3. At the risk of choosing sides, I like Microsoft products, and the integration of Excel, Word, Outlook make the 700w an attractive option. Sure I can emulate the products on Palm, but I'm not that tech savy and prefer that software seeded in the box. In the fall I'm going back to school, where these features would come in handy. Anyone who wants to sway my opinion between 700w and 700p, I'm listening.

I looked on other forum posts and did not see much of anything mentioning Cingular and 700's... Any help you folks can provide is appreciated.
    1. I believe Palm said they'd be releasing something else for GSM users (as in not part of the 700 series) later on this year.

2. You'd have to pay Cingular's early termination fee (probably $150-$200). Try and find out how Sprint's coverage is in your area, their data plans are much better priced than Verizon's...

3. The 700p comes with Documents to go, which is an easy to use, easy to learn program that will let you edit MS office documents (except for power point presentations I think). You don't need to be tech savy to be able to use it.

As far as 700w vs 700p.... personally, the two turns off from the 700w for me are the low res screen (240x240 as opposed to the 700p's 320x320) and the lack of memory (WM5 phones are supposed to have 64MB RAM minimum to operate optimally, the 700w only has 32MB). I don't mind dealing with WM5, but those two things make the 700w a no go for me.
    get a 650... they are dropping in price. I got one last week for $100 with acc. and a new generic Nokia.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Cingular will have the better product when it launches...All the Sprint/Verizon guys will be jealous of your ability to have data and voice at the same time

So be jealous now while they enjoy alittle advance time...but later...
    Sprint 700p
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    Cingular will have the better product when it launches...All the Sprint/Verizon guys will be jealous of your ability to have data and voice at the same time
    EVDO solves the problem of having data and voice at the same time. That is when the data connection is active you can still answer the incoming voice call. This is tested by those who just got their Verizon 700p today. (See other threads).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    EVDO solves the problem of having data and voice at the same time. That is when the data connection is active you can still answer the incoming voice call. This is tested by those who just got their Verizon 700p today. (See other threads).
    ya but which would you rather have:

1. live data call comes in you take call, data stops till call stops

2. live data call comes take call, data still flows end call data is still flowing

number 2 is what cingular will have
    number 1 is verizon/sprint
    Sprint 700p
    1. There's about 10 threads which detail "no 700 w or p on Cingular". 3rd Quarter release of Hollywood

2. No way out other than $$

3. See all the 700p or w threads or the PC mag / reviews threads
    Don't forget, no push for GSM - only CDMA!
    what do you mean no push for GSM?
    Push email does not exist for GSM carriers (except for BB)
    what are you talking about? I had push on my old Treo 600 over GPRS connection.
    I also use DirectPush currently on my Cingular 8125.