Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A thread like this is often very handy to have for each device. BT is supposed to be BT, yet each thread like this is often very handy to have for each device. BT is suppose to be BT, yet each phone seems to have certain devices that it plays nice with and others that just don't seem to work well at all.

A thread like this can become very long, so it if does a quick search of this thread would be advised to see if the specific device you are looking for has had success or not with the 700p.

The guidelines for this thread are simple:

* Please report if you were able to successfully pair with a BT device or not. Please include full device name and manufacturer.
    * Please report whether the device worked well - static, other expected features functional or not?
    * Please refrain from discussion so this can remain a reference thread.

(I'm plagarizing this rather useful thread from one started by Hobbes in the 700w forum)
  2.    #2  
    Successfully paired with 2004 Toyota Prius.

Details:

It took many tries to pair - don't give up.

Phone is recognized a little more quickly than the vzw 650 was on startup.

Signal strength *is* now displayed.
    I think the roaming symbol is always displayed, even when I wasn't roaming ...

The problem that vzw 650s still had with 1st calls being dropped when a 2nd call came in is fixed.

Uploading phone book entries works the same as the 650.
  3.    #3  
    Successfully paired with Motorola HS 810

Static was less/range was better than this same headset with the 650.
    I could walk about 15 paces away from the phone, outside my office door and a little down the hall, before static got noticable.
    I got a new JX-10 sitting here, waiting for my sprint 700p, will follow up when i get it O_x
    Sony HBH662 pairs quick good sound great distance just randomly drops the call back to the phone.
    HBH-300.... anyone?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    Successfully paired with 2004 Toyota Prius.

Details:

It took many tries to pair - don't give up.

Phone is recognized a little more quickly than the vzw 650 was on startup.

Signal strength *is* now displayed.
    I think the roaming symbol is always displayed, even when I wasn't roaming ...

The problem that vzw 650s still had with 1st calls being dropped when a 2nd call came in is fixed.

Uploading phone book entries works the same as the 650.
    Have you found that the connection unexpectedly gets dropped after awhile? I have a Lexus (Toyota) bluetooth carkit, and the 700p pairs quickly after the car is turned on, but about 30 minutes later, it's dropped.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    lexus support with my VZW 650 sucks. MY wifes paired but wont upload. Mine wont even pair

I really hope the 700 is better
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 61121cd
    Have you found that the connection unexpectedly gets dropped after awhile? I have a Lexus (Toyota) bluetooth carkit, and the 700p pairs quickly after the car is turned on, but about 30 minutes later, it's dropped.
    Yes, I have been having the cnnection drop after 20-30 min. I eventually traced it to happen on alarms from a beta version (3.8.0.5b) of Mobile clock. I've rolled back to an earlier version & I have a 40 minute drive later so I'll test it today.
  10.    #10  
    I haven't been able to bluetooth hotsync with my IBM Thinkpad t42p. (Which works fine with the 650).

I can send files (using obex, not hotsync) from the computer to the phone over bluetooth - but not from to the computer from the phone.

I could also pair as a bluetooth modem - but was rejected on authentication (I don't have the extra DUN plan enabled on my account).

Anyone have luck with BT hotsyncing?
    Pairs perfectly with my Infiniti M35x. The 650 kept dropping the connection with the car.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    thanks, let me know.
    I can not bluetooth hotsync with my Asus v6va. It will pair, but it won't sync. It just sits there trying to sync and doesn't. Any help? Thanks, Todd
  14.    #14  
    Yes, I have been having the cnnection drop after 20-30 min. I eventually traced it to happen on alarms from a beta version (3.8.0.5b) of Mobile clock. I've rolled back to an earlier version & I have a 40 minute drive later so I'll test it today.
    OK, it was fine on the way there (30-40 minutes). On the way home the connection dropped after about 12 minutes :-(

I hope we can figure out this problem & come up with a fix or workaround ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    Pairs perfectly with my Infiniti M35x. The 650 kept dropping the connection with the car.
    Do you have sprint or verizon? TIA.
  16.    #16  
    I'm still trying to track down the toyota/lexus bluetooth dropped issue.

I disabled push on vzw wirelesssync & chimes on mobile clock. The connection lasted longer, but did get dropped near the end ... there was an alert from datebk6, I'm turning those off as well.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    HBH-300.... anyone?
    Works great . It actually shows connected always, so the process of connecting to headset is skipped. Also first time you have to push connection button on headset to connect. After that is connected always. I am not sure if it reduce the headset and treo700P battery life. I will update on this in few....
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Can't get it to connect to the BMW X3. My 650 connected with no problems. Could it be an issue with BMW not playing nice with Bluetooth 1.2?

So far, this is two steps backwards for my 700P -- no Blackberry Connect and no car bluetooth. But I still love it.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm still trying to track down the toyota/lexus bluetooth dropped issue.

I disabled push on vzw wirelesssync & chimes on mobile clock. The connection lasted longer, but did get dropped near the end ... there was an alert from datebk6, I'm turning those off as well.

Any other ideas?
    Datebk6? Maybe it's that or some other beta software you have installed that is interfering somehow. Did you try removing all 3rd party programs to see if it works without them? Then, add them back one by one.....
    Cardo Scala-500 (1st BT headset)
    Paired successfully and functions as expected.
    Heard a bit of static in the background but it wasn't distracting and not noticable unless I tried to hear it.
    Caller on the other end said it sounded like I was "in a static field." I left myself a voicemail at the office and the message was crystal clear.

I will update the above once I make a few more calls with the headset.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast