Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Why is cardreader better, besides the fact that it works with the 700p?
    ASCave is broken on my VZW 700p.
    IM+ from handango doesn't work on mine and I'm searching for an IM program that I can use that DOES NOT constantly reboot my device. bah!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    IM+ from handango doesn't work on mine and I'm searching for an IM program that I can use that DOES NOT constantly reboot my device. bah!
    What's up AJ. You might want to try Toccer. It's only an AIM client but it works well with the 700P and it's freeware!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well that hacked Verichat 650 works perfectly on the 700P - I've been using it for weeks now....find it in the threat.

Karl
    qtqtqt.com
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    After almost 2 months of futzing with my Verizon 700p, here's what I can pass along:

AIM - the old UK AOL app caused infinite resets.

Avantgo - Blazer caused resets regularly until I removed this. Now it's just occasionally. :-(

Lightnzip - Old version of Zlib caused attachments in Verizon Wireless Sync to reset the Treo.

Resco Locker - caused my Treo to 'lose' my SD card after a reset.

Toccer - works great, just don't copy anything to the clipboard or click on a web link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Odd View Post
    After almost 2 months of futzing with my Verizon 700p, here's what I can pass along:

Resco Locker - caused my Treo to 'lose' my SD card after a reset.
    How did you make this determination? I ask because my SD card has been periodically getting "lost" after a reset but I think it's more a problem with the card. I've been using Rresco Locker for a long time and this issue has only arisen lately.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    How did you make this determination? I ask because my SD card has been periodically getting "lost" after a reset but I think it's more a problem with the card. I've been using Rresco Locker for a long time and this issue has only arisen lately.
    I rebuilt my 700p, loaded a few apps at a time, reset it and watched to see when it 'lost' my SD card. Resco Locker was the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    me too...I am sad that Verichat was left out for future support

I loved VC !
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    me too...I am sad that Verichat was left out for future support

I loved VC !
    Actually, you can thank Nokia for the demise of Verichat.
    An update to Card Export II became available on 23 Aug 2006 for compatibility with the 700p. It's not causing any problems for me.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Why is cardreader better, besides the fact that it works with the 700p?
    Works with linux Too.
    Here are two apps that work on the Verizon 700p but, I believe, have been causing me reset issues in Blazer: Obfuscate and AlwaysOn v1.2. Obfuscate would sometimes not hide the Downloads app in ROM and would sometimes, but rarely, freeze or reset. After *a lot* of testing, my 700p is much more stable in Blazer now that I've switched to Invisible in place of Obfuscate and SetAutoOff in place of AlwaysOn. Just a thought.
    I have also had a problem with my Veizon 700p and KBLightsOff v1.2.1. See this thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139861 .
    At this point Butler is pretty stable on my 700p. My device rarely crashes and I can't attribute the ones I get to Butler.
    I have the same problem even after re-install to 700 and desktop.
    I have narrowed down intermittent resets to OnGuard (NorthGlide). I think its a known problem with NVFS and frequent file writes, so it may not be just OnGuard, but any "continuous backup" software.

Anyone had any troubles with the continuous backup in BackupBuddyVFS? It has a warning in the manual for 'locking apps in memory' that have problems with this. It did not say how to determine which apps have a problem :/

Frankly, I make so few changes to databases in a day that continuous backup seems like overkill. That lag (however quick) after leaving a guarded app really messes with my flow. Thinking of giving up on continuous backup ... anyone got any reasons why I shouldn't?

Ken
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789