Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Registered users are getting a free upgrade to 1.2.x, but a new registration system has been setup, so you have to get a new code.

Once the next major release 2.x comes out, my guess is there will be an upgrade fee.

On a separate note, I finally got KeyguardTime+ working. When you set it up, it complains that the hardware is not supported, but ends up working. I have communicated with one of the developers and he is working on a 700p version. I have offered to beta test it for him once it is ready.
    All registered users of Launcher X are entitled to the 1.2.x release free of charge. When version 2.0 comes out in a few months, there will be an upgrade fee for that release.

Here is a link to the most current version. Download Here it will be officially available on Monday of next week but early access can be gained with the above link.

Jeff
    Has anyone tried ProfeoSA on the 700p? I used this on my 600 to limit the battery warnings to just once. Ironically, the built-in battery warning keeps bugging you (and hence turning on the screen every few minutes) until you plug in and get above the battery warning threshold.

Profeo SA captures the built-in low battery warnings (among other things) so you just get one notice. Subsequent low battery warnings sent by the OS do not turn on the screen if you have not acknowedged the first one. Hopefully this works with the new "Bell" indicator.

I'm installing this now, and I'll report back, but I thought I'd check to see if there are any other users with ProfeoSA or if anyone has another suggestion for this problem.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    What IS with Pocket Express? They SPAM me, so I finally figure I'll try it, I go through the activation, the downloading all that, then it doesn't work. I just get a BSOD type of white screen.

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All registered users of Launcher X are entitled to the 1.2.x release free of charge. When version 2.0 comes out in a few months, there will be an upgrade fee for that release.

Here is a link to the most current version. Download Here it will be officially available on Monday of next week but early access can be gained with the above link.

Jeff
    Argh! I just bought 1.2 last week. Will 2.0 be discounted for previous owners?
    Jeff,

Thanks for doing all the updates to LauncherX...it's much appreciated. My LauncherX now works better on my 700p than it did on my 650 !! Very nice!!

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I'm having an issue with VeriChat. It runs but always on mode will only work with SMS - not the data connection. And sometimes when an SMS comes in, it doesn't trap it properly to wake up. The developer says they're working on it but someone here said it worked, IIRC, just wondering it works for some but not others depending on different factors. This is on Sprint.
    Does anyone have Shadow Plan working well on the 700p? There are two inconclusive posts to the Shadow Plan forum that imply that it is running very slow. Is this accurate?
    That is not particularly good news as I plan to upgrade from my Treo 650 to a 700p
    and have been a confirmed Launcher X customer since first seeing the default Treo
    file organizer's limitations.

Not good!
    Has anyone found a way to use Versamail with a VPN connection (e.g. Mergic). It does not appear to establish the VPN connection automatically. Snapper does - which I've gone back to for this reason. Am I missing something in the Mergic or Versamail setup?
    I'm not sure if anyone has addressed this but this is how you fix the home key issue with LauncherX....

Make sure LauncherX is running

1) Press the drop down menu
    2) Scroll down to LAUNCHER X PREFERENCES then select it
    3) Change the active skin to something other than what you have selected
    I have Classique-Top
    4) Click OK
    5) Press the home key

BINGO, home key now belongs to LauncherX! Also, the home key only tabs with Classique-Top & Classique-Top HD all the others you have to use the 5 way navigation.

I ran across this fix by accident, trial and error. Hope everyone enjoys. I know this bothered the heck out of me until I was able to fix it. I absolutely love LauncherX and I think itís the best palm launcher program!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek
    I'm not sure if anyone has addressed this but this is how you fix the home key issue with LauncherX....

Make sure LauncherX is running

1) Press the drop down menu
    2) Scroll down to LAUNCHER X PREFERENCES then select it
    3) Change the active skin to something other than what you have selected
    I have Classique-Top
    4) Click OK
    5) Press the home key

BINGO, home key now belongs to LauncherX! Also, the home key only tabs with Classique-Top & Classique-Top HD all the others you have to use the 5 way navigation.

I ran across this fix by accident, trial and error. Hope everyone enjoys. I know this bothered the heck out of me until I was able to fix it. I absolutely love LauncherX and I think itís the best palm launcher program!
    Actually, you just need to OPEN the preferences window to "register" the HOME key to Launcher X. This assumes you have Launcher X selected as the deault browser. You *only* have to do this following the initial installation or after performing an upgrade. (Also, if you perform a soft reset, this step is not necessary).

The above process is necessary on the 700p becuase Launcher X needs to patch the home key. To improve the launcher's speed, this patching process only happens after a soft reset or when you enter the Preferences screen.

Jeff

Jeff
    Actually, you just need to OPEN the preferences window to "register" the HOME key to Launcher X. This assumes you have Launcher X selected as the deault browser. You *only* have to do this following the initial installation or after performing an upgrade. (Also, if you perform a soft reset, this step is not necessary).

The above process is necessary on the 700p becuase Launcher X needs to patch the home key. To improve the launcher's speed, this patching process only happens after a soft reset or when you enter the Preferences screen.

Jeff

Jeff

Are you talking about LAUNCHER X PREFERENCES?
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek
    Are you talking about LAUNCHER X PREFERENCES?
    Yes. Sorry for not being specific.

Jeff
    Yes. Sorry for not being specific.

Jeff
    LuncherX never registered the home key when I went into LAUNCHER X PREFERENCES so Iím not sure what youíre talking about?

I had to actually change the ACTIVE SKIN in order for it to register the home button. I found this by mistake just messing around. Once you register the home button you don't have to do anymore unless you upgrade to the latest version. Iíve upgraded with every upgrade since version 1.2.2b.

Is this a bug or is this normal? Version 1.2.2 and below never had this problem.
    It has been mentioned but, specifically, Profiles 1.01 installs but does not start up after clicking it in Prefs -- a quick screen redraw and nothing.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    that is what happens on my device. Big bummer.

Karl
    qtqtqt.com
    Here is the updated 700p version.

Lucan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by lankox
    Here is the updated 700p version.
    Thanks lankox!
    Last edited by copernicus; 07/05/2006 at 04:54 PM.
    any word on card export and when a stable version will be out?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    no but cardreader is MUCH better
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast