Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Is it true that there's no way to turn off the screen during a call with the 700p? (This was also true of the 600--which I still use).

Because of this, I've used Sandman for this purpose over the last three years (to keep me from pushing buttons with my ear and to save battery / face burn from the screen being on during a long call. Some people have challenged how much battery it really saves, but let's not get into that).

I'm just wondering if Sandman works to turn off the 700p screen during a call. (Sorry. I don't even know if it worked on the 650)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Is it true that there's no way to turn off the screen during a call with the 700p? (This was also true of the 600--which I still use).

Because of this, I've used Sandman for this purpose over the last three years (to keep me from pushing buttons with my ear and to save battery / face burn from the screen being on during a long call. Some people have challenged how much battery it really saves, but let's not get into that).

I'm just wondering if Sandman works to turn off the 700p screen during a call. (Sorry. I don't even know if it worked on the 650)
    I do know that on the 650 the dial pad backlight will dim to save battery when on a call. There is also an option to lock the screen's keypad while on a call. My guess (hope) is that this is also a feature in the 700P
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Really? Is speakerphone loud as well? How loud does the earpiece go?

I think its better and louder than 650 for sure
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake
    Yes you can!! That is great I am going to sell the IPOD!!

This is great! I have been waiting for this ever since I got my 650!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I just did a restore to my new verizon 700p-=coming over from sprint 650--

So far here is what i have found-

First off--They switched the damn buttons again -so you will have to relearn the home button and the menu pulldown is at the bottom--(I think that was where it was on the 600)

I am having problems with Zlauncher-I just updated to 5.41 and still there--the problem is that everytime I press the home key it is not activated--so either it is closing when I leave the apps section and go back to the phone of the button shuts it down--not sure.

Verichat works just fine--
    Mlock and Msafe work well
    Applock works
    Agendus pro works
    Holdem works
    pocket quicken works
    da works

Basically the phone actually seems to hang more on processing then my 650!! Is a tiny bit lighter and feels less solid.

Gotta love having 38.4 meh left to use though!
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    This is great! I have been waiting for this ever since I got my 650!
    I've asked this before, but I don't know if I got an answer. When you play Windows media audio, like XM, via the Blazer plugin for kinoma, does it allow you to play in the background? I haven't seen an icon for the Kinoma player in the home screen.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I was wondering if xm will stream in the background?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I was wondering if xm will stream in the background?
    Nope, as you expected, when you switch to another app it stops the kinoma plugin.

Receinving or ignoring a call does work nicely though - the stream is only paused while you decide to take the call & after a slight pause it resumes where it left off if you ignore the incoming call.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    Hmmm...doesn't show up on the Mac side...that is annoying Time to boot up parallels
    It's here:
    CDDRIVE:\English\Essential_Software\Versamail\Versamail.exe

but I guess it's a windows installer.
    Tell me this: Why are there palm progs which worked on the 650 not working on the 700p. 'cause of FAT 32? The OS is the same.
    Has me concerned. Anyone try medical software yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Dang. Sodiumlake, same with you?
    Same no flashing light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Tell me this: Why are there palm progs which worked on the 650 not working on the 700p. 'cause of FAT 32? The OS is the same.
    I have several Skyscape programs loaded and they are working fine, actually quite a bit faster than on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    It's here:
    CDDRIVE:\English\Essential_Software\Versamail\Versamail.exe

but I guess it's a windows installer.

Yeah, that path is not there when you mount the CD with a Mac...I grabbed it from the Windows side (Parallels rocks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake
    No that is what I was looking for, right now I have my side key set to Launcher X that at least gets me back to whee I want to be, just kind of a pain when that pretty home key is just sitting there waiting to be used the way I want it used.
    I put in a post at LauncherXPlanet concerning the home button not working with the 700p. They stated that might be addressed in the upcoming release.

LauncherXPlanet Thread
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Has anyone run TomTom 5 yet?

Also, if anyone's run Kmaps or Palm VCN, is the increase in speed significant and make the usability of these much better?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

anyone know of a similar URL for Sirius?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    can you listen to xm radio by going here

http://mobile.minixm.com/DS/MOBILE/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    ePocrates works just fine.. now I don't mind this bloatware program and add-ons with 60 MB free internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    now I don't mind this bloatware program and add-ons with 60 MB free internal memory.
    That was what I was after also. Tarascon is not very user friendly on the treo, although it can run off the card and it does not auto update on a treo.
    Hi all,

Just posted a new version - 6.50 (120) - at www.shsh.com/beta

- Fix to work on the new Treo 700p !

- Fix for KeyGuard not updating time when turned on by POWER button.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Can you 700P owners try this little app.:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...28TreoOnOff%29

It's a little app. that shows up like any other in your launcher. When you tap on the icon, it turns the Treo's radio on, tap it again and it'll turn the radiio off.
    Anyone get to try this yet on a 700P?