Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nakkan
    nope i take that back ... it does not flash
    Are you referring to Butler, Chatter or Versamail?
    what speeds are you getting?
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Can't you set chatter to run in the background so that it isn't locking anything up. I would think with EVDO, that connection would be so fast, nothing should slow down just polling for email. Besides, with push email, it shouldn't be connected all the time anyway
    Unfortunately, the Palm OS isn't multitasking really, so it only seems to run in the background. It's always locked up the phone when connecting, even on the 650.I thought that things would be so much faster with EVDO that it wouldn't be a problem, but it turns out that there is still a significant latency with EVDO. Takes just as long as 1X to make a connection, it seems. And for true push email, you have to be online all the time (although not always moving data).
    the led does not seem to flash as a notification on chatter, although thats not a feature i use, tried it in orefernces and doesnt seem to work.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Call Filter doesn't work and I spoke to them - they said not to expect an update for the 700P for "a while"

No Mring either, bummer, real bummer.

The reason the home button doesn't work on some applications is because it is mapped to the wrong place. With the additoin of the 2 buttons on the 700p the mapping on many programs is going to be off.

Verichat and Snapper work fine

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    ok cool - just tried selecting solid green for incoming alerts and that works good!

Just no flashing yet
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    silent green for chatter?
    Jimmie Geddes
    yes!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    or also the other colors - amber,red
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Let me just clarify so I follow you. Solid green works as the notifier in chatter?
    Jimmie Geddes
    I would hope that OP can update 1st post so when checking back , don't ahve to scroll thru manmy pages.

Also, hopefully, this can be passed on to here once he starts the 700p compatability list

http://www.palmfocus.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    <irrelevant/unhelpful posts removed>
    That hurts mt feelings.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    versamail is v 3.5.1 - but I wasn't using it on my 650, so I can't say whether it has improved ...

verichat works fine - I have v2.86b

mobileclock works but doesn't recognize the relocated home button for alarm dismissal

the shortcut prefs files that I had just installed from the 650 forum won't install - i'm not surprised, but I sure wish I could edit my shortcuts!

Where did you find VersaMail? I didn't see it on my CD or the device. I desperately need this for ActiveSync
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Any opinon on the Versamail? Is it an updated version? Anything new?
    One major improvemnt, at least for me on my computer, is that hotsyncing versamail now takes about 10 seconds compared to 1 to 2 minutes with my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    Where did you find VersaMail? I didn't see it on my CD or the device. I desperately need this for ActiveSync
    It's on the CD that says "Verizon Wireless/Install this first/Palm Software Installation CD" under the "Install Bonus Software" menu (see 6th down under "Productivity" heading).
    Hmmm...doesn't show up on the Mac side...that is annoying Time to boot up parallels
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I dont need it - volume is awesome in my opinion
    Really? Is speakerphone loud as well? How loud does the earpiece go?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    it is a little louder than the 650 - but on the headset sounds GREAT!

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    How does it work with a Bluetooth headset? Volume okay?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Also, those who use CJKOS: how does it work on your 700p?

(CJKOS is an add-on the the Palm OS to incorporate Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters. I understand probably not too many of you use CJKOS and I just want to try my luck here.)

I emailed the author and this is his reply:

We have no such a device, can not test CJKOS on it at present.

Best Regards,

DYTS
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607