Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I thought a fish taco was slang for a female body part until I was a teenager
    Holy guacamole !! That is one tasty taco!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Holy guacamole !! That is one tasty taco!
    That depends on what time of the month you sample it http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. nsm
    Just so I am 100% certain I have this straight...

Versamail supports activesync. By pushing the sync button I get my email, calendar and contacts. This is all over SSL and it already works on my Exchange Server (2003 SP2)

Business Connection supports their own protocol. By pushing the sync button I get my email and calendar, but the contacts are stuck within BC. Business Connection will PUSH the email to my phone so I don't need to push the sync button everytime I want to check email.

The key missing features are: Versamail - no push, BizCon no integrated contacts.

Integrated contacts means...if you push to contacts button, they aren't there. If somebody calls you, and their name and number are in your Exchange contacts, their name will not show up on your Treo.

Correct?
    Last edited by nsm; 06/15/2006 at 06:01 PM.
    The coolest answer would be for VersaMail to support DirectPush. But it appears that's not on the horizon, sadly.

Steve
  5. nsm
    Bizcon relies on a text message interpreter on the Treo that cues the bizcon software to perform a sync. The Bizcon server (enterprise edition) sends this text message.

Surely SOMEBODY must be able to write a Exchange Server plugin and Treo app that performs similarly for Versamail.

How hard could that be?????

I absolutely despise the BC Enterprise Edition and its need to create an account from which to proxy server requests. Versamail is direct...and OH so much cleaner.
    Any news on Versamail supporting Direct Push?? I mean now that the 700w has Direct Push update, I wish Versamail would...

I have it set to sync every 5 mins but the Direct Push would really help.

Chatter is NG becaus eno contacts and calendar as of yet (or tasks and notes)

Mike
  7. nsm
    I have heard from an individual at Palm that the 700p will support Messaging & Security Feature Pack (MSFP) *functionality* including PUSH by the end of the year.

It will come in the form of upgrade to Versamail.
    That would be nice, but can they actually deliver on it.
    I currently use a program called nexchange corp lite ($29) that syncs my contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with my Exchange server on my 650. This program uses the actual palm database rather than its own, which is nice.

I then use Chatter for my mail, since Exchange's IMAP implementation supports IDLE. Combined with nexchange, I get push mail and OTA sync for calendar, notes, etc.

If you choose nexchange, I would suggest turning off the outlook syncing on your local HotSync. This helps prevent duplicates.

I don't have my 700p yet, so I don't know how well the activesync works on it. The version for the 650 doesn't sync the calendar, but I believe the 700 version does.
    For anyone who is considering nexchange, do a search on TC and read up on it first before you install it.

I personally gave it a shot and gave up. I wish I could get the results stroths reports.

It is a dead-end piece of software, I believe (abandoned 90% of the way to completion) and it gave me no end of grief to install/get rid of.

This is on a 650.
    While not completely dead, we did suffer a number of life-threatening (figuratively) injuries that we are still struggling very hard to overcome.
    For Chatter to work with Exchange server, they must have IMAP enabled. It is not enabled by default in Exchange server.
    That is for the basic chattermail the EX plugin requires that OWA is setup and working as it doesn't use IMAP but uses the DAVex OWA interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    While not completely dead, we did suffer a number of life-threatening (figuratively) injuries that we are still struggling very hard to overcome.
    Glad to hear the Monty Python-esque report, dtdionne, that you're not dead and in fact feeling a bit better.

Let's hope that you can figuratively fully recuperate.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12