1.    #1  
    So i replaced my treo this morning.

During the handset link portion of the Blackberry Connect setup process, I get the infamous error: Communication with the Device was unsuccessful.....

I have Outlook/ Exchange with BES version 3.01 (i think) Does my IT guy need to break the handshake with my old treo so it will populate the llink with the new one?

Chris T. May be able to answer this one....
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    So i replaced my treo this morning.

During the handset link portion of the Blackberry Connect setup process, I get the infamous error: Communication with the Device was unsuccessful.....

I have Outlook/ Exchange with BES version 3.01 (i think) Does my IT guy need to break the handshake with my old treo so it will populate the llink with the new one?

Chris T. May be able to answer this one....
    If you had this all working before, I'm guessing your BES is at least v3.6, since 3.01 isn't compatible with BBC.

Removing and re-adding your BES account is probably a good idea, followed by removing and reinstalling the BBC software. BBC seems to be really crap-tastic at sending new hardware/PIN info to the BES when the device is swapped or exchanged.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Chris... The one thing I notice is I dont have service books on the Treo. I will ask my admin to break the handshake and then maybe the info will be exchanged properly.