Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I302K
    I know this is my first post put im kinda upset by the title. I am with Company Someone together with some one else. Just to clear somehting up.he reps are not idiots they just dont get the info unl a day or 2 that it comes out and when it does all he** brakes out becouse of inpatient forum members yes like me 2 i do the same thing so im not bashing any one on this site or the other forum sites. i call 3 times a day to trep to c when mine is being shipped out. some stores got them early some did not dont forget a high demand phone will most likely under stocked. not becouse they want to but becouse no one can ever know the full demand on things.

in conclusion june 4th the weather is going to be realy nice out side
    You shouldn't take it personally. But as customers, its frustrating when different reps tell you completely different things. I've been told the phone is going to be anywhere from 400 to 800. I've been told it'll be in all store today. I've been told that it won't be in stores until the end of the month. Maybe Sprint should do a better job of training the people that are dealing with customers every day. And, not to be a jerk, but if you use some more punctuation, your posts will be easier to follow. Welcome to the TC!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    You shouldn't take it personally. But as customers, its frustrating when different reps tell you completely different things. I've been told the phone is going to be anywhere from 400 to 800. I've been told it'll be in all store today. I've been told that it won't be in stores until the end of the month. Maybe Sprint should do a better job of training the people that are dealing with customers every day. And, not to be a jerk, but if you use some more punctuation, your posts will be easier to follow. Welcome to the TC!

Again, why do you depend on the Sprint staff for pricing and availability. You already have more information than the average Rep at Sprint, from being a member of this forum. The price will be $529 with new activation and a 2 year Service contract. An additional $100 web discount if ordered through the website.
    It's a holiday weekend, take it easy on people. You have to realize that the people in the phone banks aren't there because they know all about the credit. They are there to take your order, and that requires the product to be in the system. They aren't generally people who know all about what's coming out and all of that, so if its not there they have to ask someone about it.

They're job is to be polite and place orders for things in their system. Not to know all about new products, especially when their management doesn't tell them anything about it. So blame management not the people who are managing to stay polite even though everyone is calling about products not even in their system that they have no knowledge of.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    You already have more information than the average Rep at Sprint, from being a member of this forum.
    Thank you for proving my point!

The price will be $529 with new activation and a 2 year Service contract. An additional $100 web discount if ordered through the website.
    Thank you for proving my point! AGAIN!
    Again, why do you depend on the Sprint staff for pricing and availability. You already have more information than the average Rep at Sprint, from being a member of this forum. The price will be $529 with new activation and a 2 year Service contract. An additional $100 web discount if ordered through the website.
    I'm not buying it from the kindly people on this forum. I'm buying it from Sprint- because they are selling it. People on this, and any other forum, can make $hit up and post it. Its been done.

The $429 you're talking about just came out on the website today. Before that, nobody really knew what the exact price from Sprint was going to be. If someone posted $429 before today, I didn't see it. And, really, if you don't like to read complaints, dont read them. If the thread sounds like its going to include complaints, skip it. I'm not that big of a complainer, but if you want to put me on your ignore list, I would be honored.
    Btw Does Any One When This Thing Is Realy Shiping From Palm.
    Idk, I might have to switch myself. I have been with Sprint for several years, and have been a Sprint advocate on this board for a while, but their pricing on the phones is getting ridiculous. They are just getting greedy. It's cheaper to buy the phone from Palm.com than to buy through Sprint. $649 as opposed to $679. No phone that Sprint offers is worth $679. I am going to try and haggle this week, but if they don't make me a good deal, then it looks like Verizon here I come. There are certain discounts I can get on Verizon that I can't on Sprint, so the pricing for me would be about the same.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    1) EVDO
    2) More Memory
    3) Higher resolution Cam

THAT's IT - Nothing more, if you already have a god damn Treo 650 then why on earth are you spending that much money on just updraging 3 things which most people will not even utilize. You are all blind sheep of a herd. [/rant]

P.S. I don't mean to start any flame wars but this had to be said.
    Most people will not even utilize?

Wow, I forsee taking advantage of the additional memory and EVDO daily. EVDO opens up the phone to an entire new level of usefulness.

Big generalization there.
    (SEE ABOVE POST by "I302K"):

I know this is my first post put im kinda upset by the title. I am with Company Someone together with some one else. Just to clear somehting up.he reps are not idiots they just dont get the info unl a day or 2 that it comes out and when it does all he** brakes out becouse of inpatient forum members yes like me 2 i do the same thing so im not bashing any one on this site or the other forum sites. i call 3 times a day to trep to c when mine is being shipped out. some stores got them early some did not dont forget a high demand phone will most likely under stocked. not becouse they want to but becouse no one can ever know the full demand on things.

in conclusion june 4th the weather is going to be realy nice out sidep

PS the reps the phone might not know what you want to do the are looking for acts so if they give you a price that toooo low be carefull it might not be a upgrade but a new line.

Doh!.... do we need further proof to demonstrate the truth of the title to this thread!

All your base are belong to us!

All your burritos are belong to us!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I'm not buying it from the kindly people on this forum. I'm buying it from Sprint- because they are selling it. People on this, and any other forum, can make $hit up and post it. Its been done.

The $429 you're talking about just came out on the website today. Before that, nobody really knew what the exact price from Sprint was going to be. If someone posted $429 before today, I didn't see it. And, really, if you don't like to read complaints, dont read them. If the thread sounds like its going to include complaints, skip it. I'm not that big of a complainer, but if you want to put me on your ignore list, I would be honored.
    You are buying it from Sprint, correct.

But consider the following:

1) You are not their only customer.
    2) You benefit yourself by buying it more than you benefit a Cellphone carrier, which makes hardly any profits from phone sales
    3) If you followed the forums, Palm and Verizon released their prices a week ahead. So the MSRP was and still is $650. Juts do the math and follow the Sprint pricing structures on new Handsets.
    4) Take out some ice packs from the freezer and sit on them for a while.
    To answer the title of this question yes…

Rep: Hello
    Me: Hi
    Rep: Can I help you?
    Me: I’d like to buy a phone
    Rep: Hold on, I have to check to see if we sell phones… wow, I guess we do sell phones
    Me: Is there anyone else there I could speak with?
    Rep: No, sorry, bye (hangs up phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Most people will not even utilize?

Wow, I forsee taking advantage of the additional memory and EVDO daily. EVDO opens up the phone to an entire new level of usefulness.

Big generalization there.

People are bending over backwards for EVDO as if it's a new technology brought down from the heavens. Unless you will be connecting the Treo to your laptop, I hardly see any upside of a Broadband cell phone. You will not be downloading any large files on your phone. The lag makes it impossible to do VoIP. The coverage is only available in larger cities at best. Plus the prices for EVDO are astronomical for what little it can do. Better off with paid WiFi or wait untill WiMax is widely adopted.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Idk, I might have to switch myself. I have been with Sprint for several years, and have been a Sprint advocate on this board for a while, but their pricing on the phones is getting ridiculous. They are just getting greedy. It's cheaper to buy the phone from Palm.com than to buy through Sprint. $649 as opposed to $679. No phone that Sprint offers is worth $679. I am going to try and haggle this week, but if they don't make me a good deal, then it looks like Verizon here I come. There are certain discounts I can get on Verizon that I can't on Sprint, so the pricing for me would be about the same.
    Why bother haggling. The cost of the Treo is only half in the phone (and half in the PDA. 20/80 for me.) The cost of the service dwarfs that. (I admit that both come out of my toy budget.)
    cha0s, do you have a Treo 650? I dunno, but loading some websites like CNN or my bank's website takes forever with my Treo 650. EVDO will make things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    cha0s, do you have a Treo 650? I dunno, but loading some websites like CNN or my bank's website takes forever with my Treo 650. EVDO will make things better.
    I second that. I tried to respond to a PM from this board yesterday and gave up after a few minutes because of the slow download speed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Why bother haggling. The cost of the Treo is only half in the phone (and half in the PDA. 20/80 for me.) The cost of the service dwarfs that. (I admit that both come out of my toy budget.)
    Well like I said, I can get the Verizon service for about the same price as the Sprint service. So if Sprint can get me a price for service less than Verizon, then I'll stick with Sprint. Otherwise, it could be adios Sprint. I'm undecided as of right now, but I don't like the way current customers are treated at the moment with Sprint.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I do have a Treo 650 but I hardly try to load any websites which are meant for 1024 X 768 res screens. All sites which are WAP compatible load just fine and fast. Also remember that the Palm OS doesn't handle Java scripts that well. I think there will be no difference in the Treo 700p since it's the same OS.
    You are buying it from Sprint, correct.

But consider the following:

1) You are not their only customer.
    2) You benefit yourself by buying it more than you benefit a Cellphone carrier, which makes hardly any profits from phone sales
    3) If you followed the forums, Palm and Verizon released their prices a week ahead. So the MSRP was and still is $650. Juts do the math and follow the Sprint pricing structures on new Handsets.
    4) Take out some ice packs from the freezer and sit on them for a while.
    I hate to bicker with the likes of you, but:

1) I'm not the only customer that has a problem with their service sometimes (as you might be able to tell by the name of the thread;

2) What the bleep does this have to do with anything I said? I didn't complain about the price of the phone, just that their reps don't know the price;

3) Whatever the MSRP, Sprint's "regular" price is $679. So , they are selling it for a different price. Which is why I called them in the first place- to find out the price of the phone;

4) My **** is not warm. But thanks.
    Forget it and it will come.

That has been my mantra. Ordered from Palm, said that it is shipping, but Ill beleive it when it is here.

Honestly, if any of you have families, come on it is probably best that we don't have it on a holiday. I'll speak only for myself here, but I'd probably not be able to tear myself from it.

My dumb 2 cents worth.

Everyone, enjoy the Monday holiday in the states. :-)