Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    You get what you pay for.
    The 3 stores in my area don't have them yet.
    I just talked to telesales. The sales rep was quite sweet and told me, in her shy yet sincere voice, that their system was updating slowly today and that they expected the 700p to be in their system later today. She promised she'd call me back when it was in their system to place an order.

So we shall see...

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    You get what you pay for.
    About $3 a day in wages. Sprint's own fault, outsourcing their call centers to India.

They saved a **** load of cash doing it, but their marginal customer service took a horrible downturn after that.

Hardware is the only reason I stay with them.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

You a Joseph Wambaugh fan?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075845/

Quote Originally Posted by scrote
    I highly doubt it! Here is my Sunday morning fiasco with Sprint trying to get a 700p. I've been with Sprint 5 years and and paying $48 for a $90 plan so I can't complain about that part. I have a $75 credit available as of 9/2005 and another $75 available on 9/2006 for a total $150 with the 24 month eqiupment upgrade. The 9/2006 is interesting because thier web site says that the "program expires August 31,2006

All calls start with me saying "I would like to upgrade my Treo 650 to the 700p"

**** 1st call: ****

Sprint rep: OK not a problem, it will be $679.99 and you can use your $75 credit. Total is $609.99

Me: Are there any type of rebates or other discounts available?

Sprint: No, not right now. TeleSales may be able to help you better I will switch you.

----- DISCONNECTED!--------

***** 2nd call: *****

SR: OK not a problem. Let me check on a few things first. <5 minute hold> OK, it will be $429.

Me: Can I apply my $75 credit?

SR: Let me check <5 minute hold> Sorry sir, you cannot.

Me: Why?

SR: Let me check. <10 minute hold> I checked with my supervisor and you can't on this upgrade. I will have to switch you to Telesales to process.

Me: OK

------Get switched to Telesales-----------

SR: Sorry sir, the 700p is not in our system. You can go to any Sprint Store and they will have them.

Me: OK, Sure..................

***** 3rd call ******

SR: OK I can do that upgrade for you. The price after all rebates will be $399.99

######### OK! PAYDIRT LETS GET THIS DONE BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND. ############

SR: Let me put you on hold. <5 minutes later> I'm sorry sir you will not pay $399.99 but will need to pay the full price of the phone, $649.99, by credit card and when you receive the phone you will get a $150 rebate form as well as a $100 credit upon activation.

###### OK, let's see, Now the list is $649.99 and not $679.99 and it will only cost me $399.99 out of pocket.... OK, Lets rock! ######

Me: Ok that's not a problem. Is AMEX ok?

SR: Yes, that's fine. OK let me start your order. Hmmmm, uhhhhhh, uhhhhhh, hmmmmm, Ah, eh,.... Sir, I'm sorry I can seem to see that phone in my system. Could you hold for a moment?

Me: OK <5 minutes hold>

SR: Sir I'm sorry but I just spoke to Telesales and the Treo 700p is not in the system yet but you can go to any Sprint store and it is available today.

Me: Jesus..... OK can you put a note in my account for when I go to the Sprint store that the phone will cost me what you told me?

SR: Not a problem... Sorry for any inconvenience........

Call to Sprint store #1: It will be in the Sprint stores first week of June.
    Call to Sprint store #2: It will be in the Sprint stores first week of June.
    Call to Sprint store #3: Not sure when we are getting them, Maybe next week?
    Call to Sprint store #4: Later in the week, maybe.

Clueless I tell ya, clueless...............
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

seems to be my exact situation, as well as no stores in my area having them yet
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    seems to be my exact situation, as well as no stores in my area having them yet
    All the stores in my area had 'em in the morning. 2-3 stores still have a few left. I didnt pick one coz mine was already shipped from Palm and didnt wanna go thru returning the palm one and all that ****.
    <s></s>
    I'm glad I went ahead and ordered mine from Palm last week... Sprint really messed this up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    All the stores in my area had 'em in the morning. 2-3 stores still have a few left. I didnt pick one coz mine was already shipped from Palm and didnt wanna go thru returning the palm one and all that ****.

Plus you got a good price and 1GB card from Palm right?
    i hate you i hate you i hate you.... where do you live?
    I'm banging my head against the wall so my head will ake too if that's what it will take to get me a 700p in Southern California!

Headake. listen, I've been into every north Orange County Sprint Store, called every South Orange COunty Sprint PCS store, called Redondo Beach Sprint Stores, called Torrance Sprint Stores, called Long Beach Sprint Stores - they all say they have not received ANY Treo 700p's yet. The manager of the Westminster CA store was kind enough to let me look at his computer screen. He pulled up at least 10 stores in the area one at a time (not long beach or torrance though) and each of them showed ZERO. NONE NADA. Most of the Southern California Sprint PCS stores are in the 200's as far as store numbers go.

The first of the stores on his list that have Treo 700p's in stock are store numbers #1090 and #1091 (Supposedly in Chicago as we already know) There are still 519 Treo 700p's in stock in Sprint PCS stores. Only show 59 as sold so far. with 1 not sellable (must be a demo, one's actually broken DOA, or maye it's "icanbeatali's" phone we've all seen by now.).

I am at my wits end and IF what you say is true then their computer systems are lying to the store managers and the ones who DO have them in are not logging them on the systems. I know they could not be selling them that way. no way to activate them.

Help me out here Headake, I live in San DIego. Am in OC/LA to try to get a 700p this weekend because I thought odds were better up here (I do not want to go to Palm Store on Monday, no discount off of $679 except the mail in $150.00 rebate) Sprint stores will credit immediately I am told).

What gives? Your information does not match up with the info in Sprints computer system or the calls I've just made. Can you PM me a store address and a contact name to reach so I can get one of these phones you claim exist?

Thanks,
    Barry
    ^ are you tryin to say he's lying? wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    ^ are you tryin to say he's lying? wow.
    NO I AM NOT! I would not tell anyone they are lying unless I saw proof with my own eyes. In this case, I am saying the information he provided does not match up with the information I've been provided, and offered a couple of possible scenarios which could explain the differences (computer systems, managers in sprint stores, etc.) But the bottom line is If theres a phone available for sale and activation in ANY Sprint store anywhere between Santa Monica and the Mexican border, I am willing to go get it. So far I have not found a reason to fill up the car and hop on the road!
    All of the stores in St. Louis are saying June 4th (the ones that know, most just dont' know)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Barry, I'd also really like to know if there's anything available. All I'm hearing is that the stores around here (Santa Monica/Westside) should have them this week. Not thrilled about having to do the mail in rebate, but at least they're supposed to be doing some sort of giveaway like a headset or something. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    NO I AM NOT! I would not tell anyone they are lying unless I saw proof with my own eyes. In this case, I am saying the information he provided does not match up with the information I've been provided, and offered a couple of possible scenarios which could explain the differences (computer systems, managers in sprint stores, etc.) But the bottom line is If theres a phone available for sale and activation in ANY Sprint store anywhere between Santa Monica and the Mexican border, I am willing to go get it. So far I have not found a reason to fill up the car and hop on the road!
    Barry, I feel ya' bro. I called about 5 different Sprint stores in SD today and they have nothin'. I also called the downtown l.a. store and nothin. They're mostly sayin' sometime later this week.
    Indeed. The Treo 300 was an excellent device for its time. Anyone who did not own a 270/300 should not be so quick to criticize them.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I don't understand why you people are so desperate. The Treo 700p is with Sprint but not in their systems yet. What's so hard to understand? Granted that most of the staff their is not very knowledgeable about the inventory and the smartphone itself, but then again they are not Treo enthusiasts like us. Just because you people want the Treo 700p doesn't mean that they should have it shipped to all hundreds of Sprint Retail stores on this same day, give it a week and I'm certain just about all of them will have it. Why can't you people just wait a day or two for the device to be released and then go abouts obtaining it. As far as I'm concerned they were good on their promise to release it on the 28th which was only a rumor and nothing official. The only way to order it for now, is from the website with new activation. All others must wait a day or two. End of story, stop complaining like little girl scouts.

On a side note, I can't believe that a company with the correct marketing tactics can have such an effect on people. Most of you guys are the perfect candidates for companies to abuse you with their illusions. Let's take a moment to see what the Treo 700p is all about and how it's different from the Treo 650, which I'm sure most of the people on this board already have.

1) EVDO
    2) More Memory
    3) Higher resolution Cam

THAT's IT - Nothing more, if you already have a god damn Treo 650 then why on earth are you spending that much money on just updraging 3 things which most people will not even utilize. You are all blind sheep of a herd. [/rant]

P.S. I don't mean to start any flame wars but this had to be said.
    Last edited by cha0s; 05/28/2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I don't understand why you people are so desperate. The Treo 700p is with Sprint but not in their systems yet. What's so hard to understand? Granted that most of the staff their is not very knowledgeable about the inventory and the smartphone itself, but then again they are not Treo enthusiasts like us. Just because you people want the Treo 700p doesn't mean that they should have it shipped to all hundreds of Sprint Retail stores on this same day, give it a week and I'm certain just about all of them will have it. Why can't you people just wait a day or two for the device to be released and then go abouts obtaining it. As far as I'm concerned they were good on their promise to release it on the 28th which was only a rumor and nothing official. The only way to order it for now, is from the website with new activation. All others must wait a day or two. End of story, stop complaining like little girl scouts.
    ahh...complaining about the complaining is a breath of fresh air. this is where people come to vent, because others on here understand. no use complaining about complaining. and, as i've done before, i'm now complaining about complaining about complaining.
    I know this is my first post put im kinda upset by the title. I am with Company Someone together with some one else. Just to clear somehting up.he reps are not idiots they just dont get the info unl a day or 2 that it comes out and when it does all he** brakes out becouse of inpatient forum members yes like me 2 i do the same thing so im not bashing any one on this site or the other forum sites. i call 3 times a day to trep to c when mine is being shipped out. some stores got them early some did not dont forget a high demand phone will most likely under stocked. not becouse they want to but becouse no one can ever know the full demand on things.

in conclusion june 4th the weather is going to be realy nice out sidep

PS the reps the phone might not know what you want to do the are looking for acts so if they give you a price that toooo low be carefull it might not be a upgrade but a new line