Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I don't know -- it is not a sin to curse (I don't think), as long as you're not using the Lord's name in vain. And I have known several Catholic priests who cursed on a semi-regular basis (never heard the f-bomb out of them, but "bad words" nonetheless).

Sometimes it's the sharp humor that gets my funny bone. And yes, I am a practicing Catholic. But I can see how you, and others, could find it offensive.
    I think the impact would have been the same without any "bad words" - it is a great way to express desparation.

SPRINT - WHY DO YOU LOVE US SO...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    [QUOTE=Vector]
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    How many people seriously need Phone as a modem? You can go just as fast through blazer now? How much Web browsing are you needing? ...
    Even us GSMr's envy the EV-DO data speeds you guys get. If you can leagally tehter that to a full speed notebook, then that would be the berries having a real (not just 320x320) window on the world; at 300-400kbs. Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Even us GSMr's envy the EV-DO data speeds you guys get. If you can leagally tehter that to a full speed notebook, then that would be the berries having a real (not just 320x320) window on the world; at 300-400kbs. Sweet.
    What about EDGE on the GSM 650? I heard it was faster than the CDMA speed you get standard on the 650?
    I think the impact would have been the same without any "bad words" - it is a great way to express desparation.

SPRINT - WHY DO YOU LOVE US SO...
    Fair enough, point taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    no kidding!!

wait, I have no friends...
    That hurts G, what am I, chopped liver?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Jaharr - I like ya man, but that one's a bit offensive...
    If he'd said there's a 10 year old boy under the robes, that would be offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    What about EDGE on the GSM 650? I heard it was faster than the CDMA speed you get standard on the 650?
    Having had CDMA/Vision and EDGE, I'd say EDGE is generally faster in our area, but mileage may vary (80-130kbs vs 60-100kbs) but still no where near the reported 300-400kbs of EV-DO. We don't have it here in Midland, so no way to compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    If he'd said there's a 10 year old boy under the robes, that would be offensive.
    That's just as bad geatches, and I'm not Catholic... Come on guys...
    That's just as bad geatches, and I'm not Catholic... Come on guys...
    sorry
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Come on guys...
    I think he prefers women?
    (doh! I've got brokebrains)
    That hurts G, what am I, chopped liver?
    Geatches, I do sometimes think of you and liver pate in the same sentence...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Geatches, I do sometimes think of you and liver pate in the same sentence...
    There's the G we know and love.
    Okay, here's the oddest thing. The Treo 700p is selling for $649, right? (Yeah, we all get it cheaper, but just go with me on this.) Look at what Sprint is still selling the T600 and the T300 for -- are they nuts? I can't believe anybody would buy those anymore.

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/de...spring600.html

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/de...spring300.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    Okay, here's the oddest thing. The Treo 700p is selling for $649, right? (Yeah, we all get it cheaper, but just go with me on this.) Look at what Sprint is still selling the T600 and the T300 for -- are they nuts? I can't believe anybody would buy those anymore.

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/de...spring600.html

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/de...spring300.html
    A small price to pay for a piece of history.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I don't think that's supposed to be an accessible page to the general public...because if you look there's a few odd things about the page:

A) The the OLD Sprint Logo
    B) The Unlimited Data Plan is $80 - and provides 40-70kpbs
    C) The copyright (on the 600 page at least) is 2004
    D) The only PDA devices available are the 600, i500, 300, G100 and 2032SP

I'll bet if you try to buy anything it will choke...

Thanks for the memories though...
    Last edited by Haggar; 05/28/2006 at 10:43 AM.
    I doubt that they are selling any at those prices. Nonetheless, when I read the question and before I looked at the links, my thought was that I really liked those devices when I had them and that without them I would not have been so quick to pay $700 for a 650.
    I highly doubt it! Here is my Sunday morning fiasco with Sprint trying to get a 700p. I've been with Sprint 5 years and and paying $48 for a $90 plan so I can't complain about that part. I have a $75 credit available as of 9/2005 and another $75 available on 9/2006 for a total $150 with the 24 month eqiupment upgrade. The 9/2006 is interesting because thier web site says that the "program expires August 31,2006

All calls start with me saying "I would like to upgrade my Treo 650 to the 700p"

**** 1st call: ****

Sprint rep: OK not a problem, it will be $679.99 and you can use your $75 credit. Total is $609.99

Me: Are there any type of rebates or other discounts available?

Sprint: No, not right now. TeleSales may be able to help you better I will switch you.

----- DISCONNECTED!--------

***** 2nd call: *****

SR: OK not a problem. Let me check on a few things first. <5 minute hold> OK, it will be $429.

Me: Can I apply my $75 credit?

SR: Let me check <5 minute hold> Sorry sir, you cannot.

Me: Why?

SR: Let me check. <10 minute hold> I checked with my supervisor and you can't on this upgrade. I will have to switch you to Telesales to process.

Me: OK

------Get switched to Telesales-----------

SR: Sorry sir, the 700p is not in our system. You can go to any Sprint Store and they will have them.

Me: OK, Sure..................

***** 3rd call ******

SR: OK I can do that upgrade for you. The price after all rebates will be $399.99

######### OK! PAYDIRT LETS GET THIS DONE BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND. ############

SR: Let me put you on hold. <5 minutes later> I'm sorry sir you will not pay $399.99 but will need to pay the full price of the phone, $649.99, by credit card and when you receive the phone you will get a $150 rebate form as well as a $100 credit upon activation.

###### OK, let's see, Now the list is $649.99 and not $679.99 and it will only cost me $399.99 out of pocket.... OK, Lets rock! ######

Me: Ok that's not a problem. Is AMEX ok?

SR: Yes, that's fine. OK let me start your order. Hmmmm, uhhhhhh, uhhhhhh, hmmmmm, Ah, eh,.... Sir, I'm sorry I can seem to see that phone in my system. Could you hold for a moment?

Me: OK <5 minutes hold>

SR: Sir I'm sorry but I just spoke to Telesales and the Treo 700p is not in the system yet but you can go to any Sprint store and it is available today.

Me: Jesus..... OK can you put a note in my account for when I go to the Sprint store that the phone will cost me what you told me?

SR: Not a problem... Sorry for any inconvenience........

Call to Sprint store #1: It will be in the Sprint stores first week of June.
    Call to Sprint store #2: It will be in the Sprint stores first week of June.
    Call to Sprint store #3: Not sure when we are getting them, Maybe next week?
    Call to Sprint store #4: Later in the week, maybe.

Clueless I tell ya, clueless...............
    Exactly! I couldn't agree more. But, they are all the same - VZW, Cingular, T-Mobile. All a bunch of idiots with iconsistant, inaccurate answers. ESPECAILLY when it comes to data related questions.
    I'm truly beginning to wonder if all of this is worth it. I can't articulate how frustrated I am right now.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast