Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    i think Sprint's cell/phone coverage stinks, at least in my area, and comparatively speaking. if it were better, i might still be with them, but most in my family, friends and colleagues are not. makes choosing verizon (regardless of cost) a slam dunk for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i think Sprint's cell/phone coverage stinks, at least in my area, and comparatively speaking. if it were better, i might still be with them, but most in my family, friends and colleagues are not. makes choosing verizon (regardless of cost) a slam dunk for me.
    Coverage first. Always. That's why I don't live where you live.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Customer service is closed for Memorial Day. I didn't know they celebrated Memorial Day in India.
    racial zinger..., tomorrow will be a new day, filled with *potential* treo goodness... rejoice, and be glad O_x
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Customer service is closed for Memorial Day. I didn't know they celebrated Memorial Day in India.
    I work for a company destroying our lives one job at a time. I firmly beleive that at the end we will NOT be better off for out sourcing. Neither will this country. Your comment is a an excellent upper cut. I wish collectively we could punish companies doing that. Take a close look at DELL and you can see a company that made its reputation with customer support and is now staggering like a wounded animal bitten in the arse.
    <merged>
    Today, at long last, Sprint was ready to order my 700. I spent a good anount of time with telesales, then I was transferred to Retentions to work out the discounts I had previously negotiated. Then, Retentions assured me telesales could order the phone for me. Of course, they couldn't. Back to Retentions to cancel all the new (powervision, insurance) charges. But, Retentions said it just came online. Back to telesales - not in system. Back to Retentions. Then, after 75 freakin' minutes, Retention has the audacity to try to sell me additional services. That's when I lost it, and explained to them in no uncretain terms that I was going to spend the rest of this holiday playing with my kids, and I'll call Verizon tomorrow. That was 10:30 this am. I just put my 4 yr old to bed.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Anytime I've called Sprint they tell me they are in New Mexico... also a rep gave me a direct number to call to order from her when I am ready for the 700p and it is a New Mexico area code... I didn't know Sprint outsourced to india..
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Anytime I've called Sprint they tell me they are in New Mexico... also a rep gave me a direct number to call to order from her when I am ready for the 700p and it is a New Mexico area code... I didn't know Sprint outsourced to india..
    I hate to ask, because I know it's just ore Sprint nonsense, but what's the number?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I hate to ask, because I know it's just ore Sprint nonsense, but what's the number?
    I'm sorry man... but I cant do that. When I do speak with her, I will ask if its ok but I highly doubt she will say yes. Imagine the amount of calls that she will get with that number posted on a popular forum like this. She has been great in helping me and would hate for her to get into trouble.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am not pissed at sprint. I got two Sprint Treo 650's for FREE with a new 2 year contract a month ago, and the other day I got the SERO plan for both phones, and I am paying less than before with two cool phones.

You all know what you can do with your 700p's doncha now! I will wait for the 800p in two years!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    I am not pissed at sprint. I got two Sprint Treo 650's for FREE with a new 2 year contract a month ago, and the other day I got the SERO plan for both phones, and I am paying less than before with two cool phones.

You all know what you can do with your 700p's doncha now! I will wait for the 800p in two years!
    No, I am sure that I do not know.

There was a 650. It was Palm OS, CDMA and GSM. The Palm product line falls apart after that. There is no "700" in the same sense. The natural progression from the Palm Vx to the 180 to 270/300, to 600, to 650 ends with the 650. If one has one, one had better hold on to it.

While not likely, there may be a Palm product to succeed my 650. One may hope. Too bad that it is no longer likely, much less certain.
    Can this be possible?

Dear *****

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I apologize for
    the inconvenience caused due to non-availability of Treo 700p.

Previously, Treo 700p was going to be launched at the end of this month.
    Due to some technicl issues the phone could not be launched. Currently,
    we cannot provide you the next date of launch of this handset. In order
    to have this phone you have to wait for some more time.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

ABEBI
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    Can this be possible?

Dear *****

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I apologize for
    the inconvenience caused due to non-availability of Treo 700p.

Previously, Treo 700p was going to be launched at the end of this month.
    Due to some technicl issues the phone could not be launched. Currently,
    we cannot provide you the next date of launch of this handset. In order
    to have this phone you have to wait for some more time.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

ABEBI
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"

lol -misinformed rep
    Well guess what, I just called Sprint and got the same answer. They will not be available till the end of June. The rep went on to say, that the only way to order one right now is through Palm and they will be able to add the ESN into their systems.
    I like Sprint's signature, "Where our customers come first!". Apparently their customers came third since Verizon and Palm beat them to the punch
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I like Sprint's signature, "Where our customers come first!". Apparently their customers came third since Verizon and Palm beat them to the punch
    I'm really getting tired of the whole Bash Sprint movement so I'm gonna rant.

/rant mode: on
    This is exactly why you guys feel you get crappy service from Sprint reps. You show up in a bad mood or call in a bad mood, and they cant help but feel that you're somehow blaming or insulting them. Speaking from personal experience, even while I'm trying to help a customer if they're saying "Man you guys suck (referring to customer care or some other department)" or "Man has Sprint's customer service fallen downhill" is hard to ignore because we all feel like we are part of a family, and talking down about my family is the same thing as talking down about me.

I cant speak universally about each and every associate at Sprint, but at our store that is how we feel.

And dont blame the reps for something they didn't do. They're really trying to help. Its the same as yelling at the gas pump clerk for the high gas prices. He didn't cause them. He just sells the gas. We dont get the info months before you guys do. Believe it or not, it all comes out about maybe 1-2 weeks before the launch of the phone. If even that fast.

We got the launch date the same exact date that it showed up here in the forums when someone illegally posted our playbook here. We don't get told about future phones except in vague forms if we just so happen to get to talk to a phone vendor who may be nice enough to come around the stores and check on products.

Phonescoop.com doesnt get pre-launch info from the Sprint Stores or from Customer Care. They get it from the FCC who gets it from Sprint's Corporate. We (The Stores and Customer Care)get the pre-Sprint info from Phonescoop.com. Why? Because Sprint has tons of phones to sell, and the last thing they want is to have older, obsolete phones in the stores for months that are not getting sold because customers want to wait for the next best thing (Not that my Treo 650 is obsolete by any means).

There is a tremendous information gap between Sprint Corporate, Sprint Customer Care, and the Sprint Stores. In many respects we act like competing companies. So dont get pissed at John Customer Care Rep or Jane Sales Rep because they dont know about your flavor of the month. There are tremendous amounts of things getting pushed to the reps, and there is always quota hanging on your shoulder.

The reps are going to be focused on making money. We all are. If talking to you on the phone for 20 minutes is not going to make them money, it will be time wasted and then don't expect them to bend over backwards, because sadly if they did that all the time, they'd be gone in about 3-4 months. Because not signing up new activations = write ups, then it leads to bye-bye Jane Sales Rep.

The smart devices only make up about 2-5% of Sprint's phone sales. Treo's probably take up about a 3rd of that equalled out by blackberries and PPCs. So if the average sales rep sells 1 or 2 Treo's a month at the most. Dont get pissed if they know way more about the regular phones that make up the other 100-200 phones they sell.

The reps are going to have general info training on each device (like reading the info off the box). Its only if you find an enthusiast about something where you will get some more detailed info, and even then they may not know enough to satisfy your curiosity. For the love, I had a man ask me "What was the radio frequency expanse rate of the Treo 700's EVDO data processor" or something like that (obviously an electrical engineer). He may as well have asked me to explain how to make a nuclear reactor. We don't know everything. Ask the maker of the phone.

Why is the phone so expensive? Palm has to make money & Sprint has to make money. You guys complain as if they're somehow evil because they want to make money. Its just not the case. If the prices were pushed as low as you guys would like. The companies would then be out of business. and you would have pretty paperweights.

My point is this. You guys have to relax on this. So Sprint didn't launch it when it originally planned. Big whoop. So my store got literally 12 calls about the 700 on Sunday (the original launch date). Big Whoop. So we aren't getting 12 in stock when they arrive. Big whoop. Its all coming. Just relax. If you dont qualify for the full discount on the phone in the store, dont yell at the rep. We can only follow what sprintrebates.com says you get. Call retentions. See if they can do any better for you. But quit bashing the poor reps for something they cannot fix.

/rant mode: off
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?
    No, I woke up fine. I'm just tired of people trashing my company.
    Hey Vector, don't assume that everyone is mistreating the CSR's when we call in to inquire about a new phone. I actually act very calm and casual when calling, to not **** of those reps. Everyone deserves respect, even your incompetent Sprint colleagues.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast