Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Yes, "here" is relative. My local coverage favors CDMA. I am not a world traveller, so I could care less about the ability to use my phone abroad. CDMA just works better where I live.
    If I went outside of the country, I probably would not want to take my $700 phone with me. I would just take a cheap unlocked GSM, so if I lost it or it was stolen, I would not be too disappointed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    If I went outside of the country, I probably would not want to take my $700 phone with me. I would just take a cheap unlocked GSM, so if I lost it or it was stolen, I would not be too disappointed.
    Yes, I agree.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Astronomical? WTF are you talking about? The Sprint Vision Pack costs the same price as the Sprint Power Vision Access Pack. I think you're talking out of your neather regions, dude. And Ev-DO is a new technology as far as the cell phone industry goes. It really hasn't been around that long and there are few phones that use it. Phones are really just starting to include it. It's great for accessing webpages. I don't know what normal webpages you try to access on the slower speed networks, but it's nearly impossible to move about the web with any ease. You are able to download your e-mail much faster as well. So to say that broadband on a cell phone doesn't have an upsides is ignorant and unresearched. I'm not trying to attack you, but if you're going to make statements like that and try to undercut everyone else on this forum that will be using this service, you're gonna get a little bit of slack.
    As has been pointed out in previous posts, the 700p may not be for everyone. In my case, I am not able to access my email by computer at all times during the day. Since my clients are communicating by email more often than before and since I encourage email contact over telephone so as to have a record, being able to access those emails is vital to me. Further, I have a lot of time when I am waiting in court and do not have internet access other than through a phone or blackberry pda. I need to have the capability to review and create documents during those times. In short, the Treo pda suits my needs and the 700p gives me greater capability to do the tasks I need to do. While I got along without the benefits of a Treo pda for a long time, having had the capability has saved a lot of time and made my time more productive. I don't really care that there are a lot of folks out there who don't feel justified in up grading or who feel that a different pda or phone would be more suitable for them. It's a free country. No one is forcing anyone to buy a 700p or any other device. Having said that, I also want to voice my frustration with those who have been critical with the carriers, in my case Sprint, with the total lack of consideration for customers in the manner in which they have handled the release of the product. I would have accepted a simple statement that the product will be released on June 4th as opposed to being "shined on" by being told it will be available on the 28th of May and being given the impression that very few Sprint representatives (and none that I have talked to yet) seem to have any idea when the 700p will be available. It would seem a small task to simply send out the info to those to deal with the public to avoid the negative feelings engendered by the "cloak and dagger" behavior of Sprint.
    Legalbeagle
    Did you just call me a noob? I find that amusing.

As far as selling for premium prices, that too is partially incorrect. There are Ev-DO capable phones selling for as little as $130. If you think this a "premium" price, you must be using one of the free phones that comes with a plan. As far as the more advanced Ev-DO capable phones - such as the ability to get any e-mail service on your phone through a program as opposed to a select few through the Sprint e-mail page - selling for high prices, well, that is to be expected with any new technology. The cheaper phones don't get it first, the more expensive phones do. There are people who want these nicer phones anyways and the Ev-DO is just the icing on the cake. Forgetting about the 700p pricing, which I will agree is very over-priced, if I wanted a good WM phone for Sprint, I would get the PPC-6700. It also happens to include Ev-DO. Most smartphones are now getting Ev-DO. If you want to buy a new smartphone, you're probably going to get Ev-DO ability. If you are arguing for people wanting to upgrade their 650 to a 700p just for Ev-DO, well that's a different story. However, what you or I may find invaluable, someone else might find very valuable. I don't use Sprint TV, but someone else might. I must say though, you seem to be just arrogant and arguing against Ev-DO altogether. If you don't want it, don't pay for it. Problem solved.
    Hey noob, how many EVDO phones have you owned?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I just wanted to make my point, if you acknowledged any of it, then all the best to you.

http://www.argaste.com/img/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg
    I know some of us live in a country with free speech, but some of us may find this kind of humor offensive, especially when you could not possibly relate to having a child with special needs.
    You meet goals and milestones everday; and so does my child.
    Don't posts like that automatically get you banned, even for a couple of days?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    OMG-VZW store reps are IDIOTS.

Get this...I already have my 700P. My friend wanted to know when the stores will start carrying them. Well, I explained after this memorial holiday weekend, but he wanted to hear it from an actual CSR from the store, so I called our local vzw retail store (LONG BEACH-MARINA PACIFICA MALL). I asked and the girl said "1st quarter of next year". I heard her correctly cause I made her repeat it again. I started to laugh because I told her that "your company website is already selling them" and people have been getting them already. She also said that the only thing coming out this week was the "Q", and that the treo 700P is coming out next year and that's what they were told.

WHAT IDIOTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I doubt that you would find "outside of the country" any more hostile than where you live. I take my Treo as much for the information it contains, including books, photos, and music, as for the ability to make calls.

However, making calls in many countries is much more difficult than one might expect. There is a great advantage to being able to make a call just as one always does. I have often despaired of completing calls from hotel rooms in London.
    no serieously, they are..... Cant get astraight answer from them nor order the phone!

(and here i thought you guys were idiots for ordering through Palm......)
    Call 10 different Verizon reps and I'm sure you'll get different answers as well.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    no serieously, they are..... Cant get astraight answer from them nor order the phone!

And you are somehow surprised by this? Wait until you need support (that why they call them "support hose" because you'll get hosed as soon as you try to get support from Spritn).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    He will. Then he'll wonder why he can't get a straight answer from a $6.95 an hour slave, but THEY'RE retarded (which, by the way, is a relatively offensive word these days).

And we needed a new thread about this.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    What's with the use of such a derogatory term?

It's so offensive.

Where are the moderators?

My cousin is mentally disabled, and would not like such references. She worked very hard to get her job at the DMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    And you are somehow surprised by this? Wait until you need support (that why they call them "support hose" because you'll get hosed as soon as you try to get support from Spritn).
    I don't disagree with you, but I hope you're not implying that the support for your 8125 at Cingular is somehow better? Because I KNOW that's not true. They all have good people and bad, with some indifferent thrown in as well.

I liked you better before you lost the Starbucks bet. When you had the "P in PDA is for Personal" sig.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    My disgust with Sprint isn't really aimed at the drones who work the phones. It's with the mindless idiots that setup the release of the new Treo.

Sprint should[I] have known that this would be a much anticipated release. Therefore, they should have done the following.

1) Made sure that at least a few stores in every market had some new phiones to sell on the release date.

2) Updated ALL of their computer systems as of 12:00am on the date of release, so that telesales could actually sell the phone that is advertised on their website.

3) Kept ALL of their employees informed as to any problems with getting a phone. Meaning that if you initially spoke to a CSR, they should have known that the phones were not yet available from telesales, and further that there was limited availability from Sprint stores.

4) Both CSRs and Telesales reps should have had access to the database to let customers know which Sprint stores had the phones in stock.

This launch by Sprint was a total fiasco. You'd think it was the first time they'd ever released a new phone. Obviously, Sprint wasn't ready to release this phone. They should have waited another day or two for the release, and had phones available, rather than make all their employees look like idiots trying to explain to excited Treo fans that they couldn't sell tyhe phones yet, or, even worse, activate them.

Oh well, that's just my two cents worth.
    Last edited by fwinst; 05/29/2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield

Relax.... wireless companies, especially the big 3, are not exactly run like a well oiled machine hence wireless phone service being the king of customer complaints right next to the auto repair industry. Anyway, I guess you haven't called Cingular or Verizon lately... yes the grass isn't greener...
    there are 490 700ps available at the sprint stores as of this morning but they aren't selling them until the 4th...... you're probably calling the wrong stores

p.s. telesales and store reps use different applicatons.. telesales, nor customer service can check the inventory of any store because they don't use the same program.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous84
    there are 490 700ps available at the sprint stores as of this morning but they aren't selling them until the 4th...... you're probably calling the wrong stores

p.s. telesales and store reps use different applicatons.. telesales, nor customer service can check the inventory of any store because they don't use the same program.
    I got this same number from my store...just none in the DFW area.
    Oh no!!! They merged the "Sprint is Retarded thread"...
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast