Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    BTW, Sprint customer service does suck azz. But I agree with the earlier post, they all do now. Customer service in general is getting worse. They know that we'll still buy the damn phone and pay for the service cause they are cheaper than VZ.
    No.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I hate to bicker with the likes of you, but:

1) I'm not the only customer that has a problem with their service sometimes (as you might be able to tell by the name of the thread;

2) What the bleep does this have to do with anything I said? I didn't complain about the price of the phone, just that their reps don't know the price;

3) Whatever the MSRP, Sprint's "regular" price is $679. So , they are selling it for a different price. Which is why I called them in the first place- to find out the price of the phone;

4) My **** is not warm. But thanks.

I just wanted to make my point, if you acknowledged any of it, then all the best to you.

http://www.argaste.com/img/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg
    THAT's IT - Nothing more, if you already have a god damn Treo 650 then why on earth are you spending that much money on just updraging 3 things which most people will not even utilize. You are all blind sheep of a herd. [/rant]
    My thoughts exactly. Not enough to make me upgrade at such an expense right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I just wanted to make my point, if you acknowledged any of it, then all the best to you.

http://www.argaste.com/img/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg
    lol. Peace.
    People are bending over backwards for EVDO as if it's a new technology brought down from the heavens. Unless you will be connecting the Treo to your laptop, I hardly see any upside of a Broadband cell phone. You will not be downloading any large files on your phone. The lag makes it impossible to do VoIP. The coverage is only available in larger cities at best. Plus the prices for EVDO are astronomical for what little it can do. Better off with paid WiFi or wait untill WiMax is widely adopted.
    Astronomical? WTF are you talking about? The Sprint Vision Pack costs the same price as the Sprint Power Vision Access Pack. I think you're talking out of your neather regions, dude. And Ev-DO is a new technology as far as the cell phone industry goes. It really hasn't been around that long and there are few phones that use it. Phones are really just starting to include it. It's great for accessing webpages. I don't know what normal webpages you try to access on the slower speed networks, but it's nearly impossible to move about the web with any ease. You are able to download your e-mail much faster as well. So to say that broadband on a cell phone doesn't have an upsides is ignorant and unresearched. I'm not trying to attack you, but if you're going to make statements like that and try to undercut everyone else on this forum that will be using this service, you're gonna get a little bit of slack.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Astronomical? WTF are you talking about? The Sprint Vision Pack costs the same price as the Sprint Power Vision Access Pack. I think you're talking out of your neather regions, dude. And Ev-DO is a new technology as far as the cell phone industry goes. It really hasn't been around that long and there are few phones that use it. Phones are really just starting to include it. It's great for accessing webpages. I don't know what normal webpages you try to access on the slower speed networks, but it's nearly impossible to move about the web with any ease. You are able to download your e-mail much faster as well. So to say that broadband on a cell phone doesn't have an upsides is ignorant and unresearched. I'm not trying to attack you, but if you're going to make statements like that and try to undercut everyone else on this forum that will be using this service, you're gonna get a little bit of slack.
    Sprint pricing plans for EVDO is $15 on top of the normal Service charge. I never said EVDO is not a new technology, I said it's way too over hyped. There is still not enough coverage to justify the price you will pay for a new phone with EVDO. E-Mail on a phone? What sort of e-mails have you been downloading that needs a broadband connection. Last time I checked the average e-mail is only 10-15 Kilobytes in size. Yes, EVDO is great for the times you will actually need all that speed. But on average it is money down the drain when not in use. Also think small screen, it is much more fun to have a broadband connection on a 15" laptop screen than a 3" PDA screen. Unresearched? LOL, I am in the IT field, I get paid for researching and purchasing new technologies. Every person has a different opinion. I will not be able to convince you and don't really care to. I just stated what needed to be said for people still unsure about EVDO.
    Sprint pricing plans for EVDO is $15 on top of the normal Service charge. I never said EVDO is not a new technology, I said it's way too over hyped. There is still not enough coverage to justify the price you will pay for a new phone with EVDO. E-Mail on a phone? What sort of e-mails have you been downloading that needs a broadband connection. Last time I checked the average e-mail is only 10-15 Kilobytes in size. Yes, EVDO is great for the times you will actually need all that speed. But on average it is money down the drain when not in use. Also think small screen, it is much more fun to have a broadband connection on a 15" laptop screen than a 3" PDA screen. Unresearched? LOL, I am in the IT field, I get paid for researching and purchasing new technologies. Every person has a different opinion. I will not be able to convince you and don't really care to. I just stated what needed to be said for people still unsure about EVDO.

Your logic doesn't even make sense. Ev-DO coverage without all the extras like Sprint TV costs the same as the slower regular vision connection. So if you're saying that the $15 a month is a waste for Ev-DO, how do you justify spending $15 a month for a slower service? That would be like paying the same price for dial-up as you would pay for cable internet service. In this case the "cable" service costs the same as the "dail-up" service. I don't see why you wouldn't want to go with Ev-DO if you couldn't. Now if you are stating that internet on a phone is useless, you are taking a shot way in the dark. As far as e-mails go, if you have a lot of e-mails like many people in the corporate world do, then the speed of Ev-DO would be of great advantage. One e-mail may be small, but a lot of e-mail adds up.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Did you forget that to use that $15 EVDO connection you need a EVDO capable phone, which are selling for premium prices right now?

n00b, you will stay a noob. Go and be a cheerleader for EVDO and spend your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I am sacrificing myself for your cause. Be at peace, my brother.
    Insertion, nice! Fun thread. Verizon does do a better job on the ads. I just signed up with Sprint but find myself eyeing the Moto Q ads from Verizon where they talk about it being .45 inches thick...hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Insertion, nice! Fun thread. Verizon does do a better job on the ads. I just signed up with Sprint but find myself eyeing the Moto Q ads from Verizon where they talk about it being .45 inches thick...hmmm.
    Women like it thick, stick with the Treo
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ok so who did you go with now that you have ditched sprint?
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Well like I said, I can get the Verizon service for about the same price as the Sprint service. So if Sprint can get me a price for service less than Verizon, then I'll stick with Sprint. Otherwise, it could be adios Sprint. I'm undecided as of right now, but I don't like the way current customers are treated at the moment with Sprint.
    If one is a Treo fan, must be nice to have to choose between Sprint and Verizon. Those of us who are GSM users always have to wait longer and be satisfied, if ever, later. Now it seems that one must choose between Palm OS and GSM. How will you choose?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have had an experience just about as bad simply trying to get help ordering and tracking a new product. I ended up canceling both devices sending them back and going with Verizon. To their credit on my 21st or 22nd call I did get someome that was helpful and knew exatly what he was talking about. I was hung up on several time. I even asked for a supervisor call back and NEVER to this day got one. I was very dissapointed. I have been happy with Verizon. I have a Nextel phone and in our area the coverage is great. Sure hope they dont combine towers anytime soon. In my work I have got to have coverage. I also have a cingular and TMobile phone. Nextel still seems to work best in this area with Verizon as a close second. TMobile customer service has been awesome.
    Last edited by OwnUtah; 05/28/2006 at 10:28 PM.
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Did you forget that to use that $15 EVDO connection you need a EVDO capable phone, which are selling for premium prices right now?

n00b, you will stay a noob. Go and be a cheerleader for EVDO and spend your money.
    Did you just call me a noob? I find that amusing.

As far as selling for premium prices, that too is partially incorrect. There are Ev-DO capable phones selling for as little as $130. If you think this a "premium" price, you must be using one of the free phones that comes with a plan. As far as the more advanced Ev-DO capable phones - such as the ability to get any e-mail service on your phone through a program as opposed to a select few through the Sprint e-mail page - selling for high prices, well, that is to be expected with any new technology. The cheaper phones don't get it first, the more expensive phones do. There are people who want these nicer phones anyways and the Ev-DO is just the icing on the cake. Forgetting about the 700p pricing, which I will agree is very over-priced, if I wanted a good WM phone for Sprint, I would get the PPC-6700. It also happens to include Ev-DO. Most smartphones are now getting Ev-DO. If you want to buy a new smartphone, you're probably going to get Ev-DO ability. If you are arguing for people wanting to upgrade their 650 to a 700p just for Ev-DO, well that's a different story. However, what you or I may find invaluable, someone else might find very valuable. I don't use Sprint TV, but someone else might. I must say though, you seem to be just arrogant and arguing against Ev-DO altogether. If you don't want it, don't pay for it. Problem solved.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    BTW, Sprint customer service does suck azz. But I agree with the earlier post, they all do now. Customer service in general is getting worse. They know that we'll still buy the damn phone and pay for the service cause they are cheaper than VZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnUtah
    I have had an experience just about as bad simply trying to get help ordering and tracking a new product. I ended up canceling both phones devicesd sending them back and going with Verizon. To their credit on my 21st or ssnd call I did get someome that was helpful and knew exatly what he was talking about. I was hung up on several time. I even asked for a supervisor call back and NEVER to this day got one. I was very dissapointed. I have been happy with Verizon. I have a Nextel phone and in our area the coverage is great. Sure hope they dont combine towers anytime soon. In my work I have got to have coverage. I also have a cingular and TMobile phone. Nextel still seems to wrik best in this area with Verizon as a close second. TMobile customer cervice has been awesome.
    I don't know what it is about Sprint's customer service these days. I walk into a Sprint store and they snub you (I can't say this is everywhere), but when I walk into a Verizon store I am almost rushed with people willing to help me and they haven't yet tried to BS me, but instead if they don't an answer they will try to find someone for you who can answer your question(again, I can't say this is everywhere). As far as Verizon service goes, around here Sprint has better service and I don't feel that I want to change unless I have to. However, Sprint doesn't seem to want to help me make the changes to my account that I would like, so I may end up switching.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    If one is a Treo fan, must be nice to have to choose between Sprint and Verizon. Those of us who are GSM users always have to wait longer and be satisfied, if ever, later. Now it seems that one must choose between Palm OS and GSM. How will you choose?
    GSM doesn't have as great of coverage around here. If the coverage was good here and they had fast speed internet access (and the phones to go with it), then I would definately be switching to Cingular. However, it has none of those right now. GSM users shouldn't be the third wheel, but unfortunately they are.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

GSM doesn't have as great of coverage around here. If the coverage was good here and they had fast speed internet access (and the phones to go with it), then I would definately be switching to Cingular. However, it has none of those right now. GSM users shouldn't be the third wheel, but unfortunately they are.
    It is not clear to me where you mean by "here." I am a citizen of the world; to me here is where I am. I grant that local coverage trumps everything else. I am rarely where CDMA trumps GSM but often where GSM is all there is. Treo is one of the only hardware providers that opts over-whelmingly, almost exclusively, for CDMA. Too bad. There are four GSM users for every CDMA user. "Here" is clearly relative.

As it becomes increasingly clear that one must choose between GSM and Palm OS, I ask again, how will you choose?
    Last edited by whmurray; 05/28/2006 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    It is not clear to me where you mean by "here." I am a citizen of the world; to me here is where I am. I grant that local coverage trumps everything else. I am rarely where CDMA trumps GSM but often where GSM is all there is. Treo is one of the only hardware providers that opts over-whelmingly, almost exclusively, for CDMA. Too bad. There are four GSM users for every CDMA user. "Here" is clearly relative.

As it becomes increasingly clear that one must choose between GSM and Palm OS, I ask again, how will you choose?
    Yes, "here" is relative. My local coverage favors CDMA. I am not a world traveller, so I could care less about the ability to use my phone abroad. CDMA just works better where I live.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!