Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    and use it with the Treo 650?

After 10 tries (dating back a month) I finally got it to work...
    You may want to post in the 650 forum rather than the 700p forum for a faster response to that particular TomTom hardware. I would also suggest this thread for GPS/Treo usage as it may be helpful.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Um, maybe I'm missing something here, but this IS the Treo 650 hardware forum.
    910 is standalone GPS device. You can check the review here.

http://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-go-910/
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Hi lindros2, was there any particular trick to getting the Treo to connect it then end?

I'm asking because I've put a post further down regarding the Go 500, and despite numerous attempts I just cannot get the two to connect.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    The treo 650 isn't supported on any of the Go devices. Tom Tom claims it's a problem with the 650's BT stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    The treo 650 isn't supported on any of the Go devices. Tom Tom claims it's a problem with the 650's BT stack.
    I know that's certainly what TomTom are quoting, but lindros2 is suggesting that he's managed to get his Treo connecting to his Go 910. If that is the case then maybe there's hope for my Go 500.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    If you want a great exercise in frustration, then give it go. It will connect and at times even transfer the address book. But it will never work reliably with the treo, according to the TomTom guys @ CES and my own experiances.

The Tom Tom navigator package for the treo however works very well, but the all in one unit is just too flaky with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Apologies for posting in the incorrect forum.

I did manage to get the GO 910 functioning pretty well with my Treo (exercise in frustration is correct). I'll test it this week as I use it a lot and provide additional feedback.

Note that this is with the small GO 910 update TomTom provided this past week (additional Bluetooth profiles were loaded, but not sure if it included Treo help).

-josh
    Quote Originally Posted by lindros2
    and use it with the Treo 650?

After 10 tries (dating back a month) I finally got it to work...
    How did you get it to work. Can you lay out step by step. I have tried to connect through the bluetooth option on the treo but it won't connect
    Please let me know how to get this to work. I just got the 910 yesterday and would love to get this to work.

Disregard!!! I got it to work today, but I had to establish the bluetooth connection on the Treo first as a trusted device an then establish the connection on the TT Go 910. The only remaining issue is that I now have to use the 910 only and can't use my bluetooth headset in conjuntion with both of them.
    Last edited by Earle; 06/13/2006 at 02:37 PM.
    Can anyone step through what they did to get the Treo working with the TomTom 910? I was able to get my 650 to work with traffic updates, but no "phone" functions. I'd like to use the 910 instead of my bluetooth headset.
    They have a 910 at our local best buy. I linked up with it now problem. Transfer phone book and make a call with now problem. Had my friend that was with me call me and it showed up on the screen. I also had him text me, but it didn't show up. <---my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by groomer
    They have a 910 at our local best buy. I linked up with it now problem. Transfer phone book and make a call with now problem. Had my friend that was with me call me and it showed up on the screen. I also had him text me, but it didn't show up. <---my 2 cents
    How? Can you step me through what you did? I may be stupid, but I can't figure this out.
    As others mentioned, 910 does not list 650 as supported. The new Garmin Nuvi 360 DOES list 650 as supported. I just got the Nuvi 350 - it's an amazing little device.
    Hi, anyone who posted here that it was possible to connect the treo and tomtom go 910, please post here how you did it!!!
    I have been trying to connect these two but keep failing so far...
    thanks a lot!
    So this is how far I got.

I can scan from my 910 to my phone it detects the phone then when I select the phone to connect it says that 'The required features could not be found for this phone.'

When I try to set up the tomtom as a trusted device on my phone it gets as far as asking for the 0000 passkey when entered the phone reposts 'unable to add GO 910 to your trusted device list'.

I contacted tomtom and the answer is that the treo 650 is not supported and no plans to do so.

I am using a Cingular 650 with firmware 01.51 installed

Software Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Hardware A

For traffic this is a short term problem as they will release an RDS traffic accessory latter this year but for hands free it would be really cool.

Those of you that have it working congratulations, please can you help those of us that have not ?

Basically set your treo bluetooth to Dial up networking. Then on the GO conect to the phone. It should go through sone interegation of your phone and eventually you will be connected. If you try and access the traffic data at this point it will tell you that it has expired for you. Not to worry on the GO enter the preferences menu and go to page 7 and enter 'Edit TomTom PLUS account'

Very important don't change the number shown if you do not to worry it is the serial number of your box. Be aware that aplha chars are lower case for your username but uppercase on the label on the back of the unit. When your user name matches your serial but with lower case press done, then done again.

Then the tom tom will connect to the server.

After that you should be able to get traffic. This is a standard 650 running 1.17 and a go910 running 6.11

You still can't use the handsfree part of the unit but you can use the traffic and weather update service.

Hope this helps.

Gus
    i have a tomtom go910 and a 650 .. in the last bunch of updates it said something about new phones for tomtom plus .. so i went in and checked and the palm treo 650 was listed .. sprint wasnt listed as a provider so im still trying to get past that .. looks like it could work though!

tomtom app is 6.522
    I have gotten the tomtom go 910 to work with my treo 650 and treo 680. I even got it to work with traffic and weather. when a phone call comes in, it will interrupt the bluetooth dun for traffic to take the call via handsfree through my car speakers, and go back to bluetooth dun when the call is over.