Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Tim at the Palm Store after 30 minutes of discussion and talking to his supervisor told me the earliest the Sprint 700P will ship is Tuesday the 30th.

Blows.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Makes sense...FedEx/UPS/DHL don't pick up on Sundays and Monday is Memorial Day.
    I never liked Tim...ask Frank instead.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Bob told me they were shipping tonight.
    Jimmie Geddes
    This is like the 5th person saying they talked to Tim. Someone had the theory that every one @ Palm was named Tim, I forgot who it was. His theory seems possible now
    <s></s>
    I too cnfirmed that mine would ship on tues, PROBABLY. I do not know if it was Tim whom I talked to. He sounded like a Tim.
    Jenny (I've talked to her like 10 times this week) said they might ship it either today or tommorow. I had called again this morning.
    <s></s>
    John says next year.
    Perry says 28th
    I know this guy that said it definitely might ship soon.
    I am still "order received"
    I had to call the post office and have them intercept the Best Buy card to Perry because it is looking pretty shaky for Sprint with the 700P right now...all these delays, is it product? is it Sprint? is it Palm? Stay tuned....
    I'm happy, I just got me Treo 800L running Linux with 1gb of internal memory that connects to satelites to tell me when I am full of sh**.

passing the time.......

looking on palm website to see "order received"....

ho hum
    Who knows...you may be able to load Linux on your700p eventually. Shadomite is working on the Linux on the 650 project and has it booting already.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Who knows...you may be able to load Linux on your700p eventually. Shadomite is working on the Linux on the 650 project and has it booting already.
    With EVDO, I'd love to have linux and apache running. Setup a mobile web server on my treo. Sweeeet.

I guess it its conceivable, right?
    With Shadowmite it is, look at what he did for the 650. I wonder if he's going to do any wifi work for the 700p?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Here is a link to the Linux Treo 650 project

Linkified! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/cool.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I got told theyd ship out friday this is really getting old on the 24th Palms own site even said shipping out in 2-3 days which would put it as the 26th or 27th (ship out on Fri or Sat). Come on palm, do you want to pay this guy pack $375 i sold my treo 650 to that now I have to tell him you have to wait 3 more days cause of your slow a**es jeez. I feel bad now Im stuck in this situation I said Id sent the 650 out but Palms delaying my 700 order and Ill be without a phone if I do that now. Thanks a lot Palm, I might not even deal with this company again after this experience.