1.    #1  
    And does it take several minutes to hotsync on your device as well? Can I disable it from hotsyncing?
    rub it in,lol. Add it is an app that lets you "add" software to your Palm.

"Find titles quickly and easily.
    We've organized software titles by category and included lots of helpful third-party reviews. Of course, if you already know the name of the application you want, just use the search engine to find it faster.
    Get your software in two simple steps.
    Adding software to your mobile device is easy. First, the Addit™ service transfers your selections when you synchronize your device with your PC. Then, the next time you sync, the selected software is intalled on your device. (If any additional PC desktop components are required, you'll receive an email with detailed instructions.)
    Try or buy any title, risk-free.
    The Addit shopping service lets you buy any title—or demo a trial version—with a few simple taps. Just set-up your account with a credit card and a password, and you're ready to go. Naturally, everything you buy comes with a money-back guarantee.
    Read all the latest news, tips, and tricks.
    Keep up with Palm news, and get useful tips and tricks for your device. We update information daily, so there's something new to look for when you sync your device with your desktop.
    Manage your account with MyAddit.
    For your convenience, MyAddit stores your account information, purchases, and trial downloads in a password-protected area."
    Jimmie Geddes
    You should be able to disable it in the hotsync conduits.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Hoss... I'm already sick of it and now that I know what it does well, poof... it's gone!
    Where is addit found on the 700p? I see it during hotsync, but I do not see any application. Sprint TS did not know anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor
    Where is addit found on the 700p? I see it during hotsync, but I do not see any application. Sprint TS did not know anything about it.
    right click on your hotsync icon and choose custom. You can disable it there..
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I started a similar thread in the hotsync section. There is no addit on my vzw treo 700p. ONly a hotsync item.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    You should be able to disable it in the hotsync conduits.
    Jimmy -

thanks much - you're becoming a technology guru
    Thanks for the tip. My firewall kept blocking that damn thing and hotsync wont continue unless I respond to my firewall with allow or not allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's actually a function within one of the other programs. It's either the "software" program or another one like that. If you went into the software program on the 650, the list of available software was based strictly on what the web page showed and wouldn't change until Sprint updated the web page. Now thev've developed a way to have dynamic updates done during hotsyncs. Big waste of time, IMHO, but I guess if you're desperate for a certain piece of software and are away from your computer it may be useful...http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...cons/icon5.gif
    How do I delete it from Sprint 700p?

I delete the files on the 700 but the files keep coming back!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    its a function within mytreo and it keeps coming back because it is in ROM which means at the current time it can't be deleted
    Treoing & Loving it