1.    #1  
    My wife and I both use the same laptop at times when we are traveling. We both have Outlook profiles on the laptiop with totally different email and PIM information. I have my TReo 650 set to sync with the laptop now, but she wants to do the same with the laptop too. When I try to sync hers to create a new PalmOne (hotsync) profile, it does not even recognize the second TREO 650. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
  2.    #2  
    Dang, folks. 80 views and no one has a comments or a suggestion? Is it something that can it be done or not?
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
    When you say it doesn't recognize it, you mean you get absolutely no response from the laptop indicating it's connected, right?

If that's the case, are you using the same USB cable that came with the phone to sync both phones, or are you switching cables?

If yours gets recognized and hers doesn't, try this (and it does sound crazy):

take a q-tip and some isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Dip the q-tip in it and rub the contacts on both her phone (at the bottom where the cable plugs in) and the contacts on the usb/sync cable and then plug it in and attempt to sync. She should at least get recognized and then you can pick a new sync profile for her.

If you're under XP it's easiest to have two user profiles and log on to your own profile when syncing (just less confusing I find...)

It's a defect of the cable and some phones, and I am unable to sync without using this method (the rubbing alcohol method.)

If it's something other than the phone not being recognized when it's plugged in (zero recognition, not unknown USB device, which could mean incorrect/bad driver), please disregard above.
    Are you connecting both at the same time? That could be the problem.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]