1.    #1  
    I find it amazing that VZW has sold, shipped and delivered 700P devices before anyone has reported that Palm had done the same. Is this a case of VZW saying, "F U Palm, we are Verizon Wireless and we can do what we want with our inventory."

I'm a bit bothered that I can go right to the source and still not have my phone at this point. With that said, what is more interesting to me is the message that VZW is sending to both Palm and VZW customers.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm
    Just call me Berd.
    I think it is fair to assume that VZW releasing the phone before Palm is part of the agreement VZW has with Palm. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the VZW exclusive on the 700w and the first release of the 700p isn't part of the same deal. If so, you can be sure that VZW paid for the right to release it first and that Palm thinks it is in its interest. What is surprising is that VZW has been able to keep all of this so quiet. Most of the speculation on this board surrounded the Sprint release and few saw VZW quietly passing Sprint by. I imagine it wasn't a surprise to Sprint, either; only to us.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I think it is fair to assume that VZW releasing the phone before Palm is part of the agreement VZW has with Palm. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the VZW exclusive on the 700w and the first release of the 700p isn't part of the same deal. If so, you can be sure that VZW paid for the right to release it first and that Palm thinks it is in its interest. What is surprising is that VZW has been able to keep all of this so quiet. Most of the speculation on this board surrounded the Sprint release and few saw VZW quietly passing Sprint by. I imagine it wasn't a surprise to Sprint, either; only to us.
    Or the contracts read 700 or "next generation" without regard to operating system..
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm

So am I! Hopefully tomorrow they will ship our Treos from Palm.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    So am I, but I'm learning to accept it,lol. Verizon really shocked me. I was sure Sprint was going to be the first one out.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wasn't there a bet about this ?

Surur
    I think Sprint would have been first if they had not paused for more testing, as my sources indicated was taking place. I think Verizon has just siezed the opportunity to not have a period of Sprint "pseudo" exclusivity on the device -- and in fact -- have now beaten Sprint to the punch.

Cheers, Perry.
    doesn't matter when VZW has the phone... I'll be lining up for the 700... 5/28 or June?
    Rather tahn part of some grand plan, Palm realized thet Sprint and VZW, with their hugh retail presence, would sell a lot more 700p's than Palm could. As a result, Palm focused on getting product out to them first and added web sales to be able to continue to offer the full line of Palm devices.

Sprint and VZW also have bigger B2B sales operations and Palm no doubt wants to take care of them as well.
    Perhaps Verizon was already worried that they'd have trouble selling them once they started selling the Motorola Q next week for $200. They may be looking to dump much of the Treo 700p/w inventory they already committed to.

Look on the bright side Sprint users...You'll be paying far less per month than your Verizon brethren. Let them smile today. You can gloat when the monthly bills arrive.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Perhaps Verizon was already worried that they'd have trouble selling them once they started selling the Motorola Q next week for $200. They may be looking to dump much of the Treo 700p/w inventory they already committed to.

Look on the bright side Sprint users...You'll be paying far less per month than your Verizon brethren. Let them smile today. You can gloat when the monthly bills arrive.
    Scott, you make a great point. I just got off the phone with Angela at Verizon. I was so jonesing for my p that I actually called them.

She was very friendly. In fact, she answered the phone with her name and extension number. Sprint reps have never done that. In fact, they try to hide their names.

Anyway, I told her I wanted to compare my current sprint plan to what Verizon had to offer. I was shocked at the numbers she quoted me. I told her I would have to stay with Sprint and wait until next Wednesday to get my p

I highly doubt that. My Verizon rep has stated that the initial impressions of the Q were very disappointing.

No touch screen and buggy Motorola software.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Got my 700p from Verizon this moring and I've been working on it all day. So far the thing rocks!

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    More like buggy Windows software.
    Jimmie Geddes
    That depends on how price elastic you are.
    Karlz congrats on your 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes