Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sad news my fellow Treo Enthusiasts. Checking my latest playbook reveals that the launch date for the 700P has been moved back by 1 week to June 4th . The push back comes with no explanation, merely a training for features of the phone . I'm as sad as you all are, but what can we do? The info says it will be in the stores the week of 6/4/2006, which means that it could be in the stores Monday the 5th to Friday the 9th depending on shipping dates and delays. How much longer must we wait??!?!?!

The good news I see from the phone Built-in Key features is that is say GPS on the listing . So maybe we wont need a GPS receiver for the phone?
    Oh boy, not good......The GPS may be "on demand" which will not follow you, just locate you and a biz locator for when your craving a big mac.

How does Verizon manage to get the 700P and the Q out and Sprint can't even get the 700 out the door.
    Gharrod: Maybe my sources were right. Then again, maybe dstrauss is right and this is the beginning of the i550 Samsung pull back !!
    Sad news my fellow Treo Enthusiasts. Checking my latest playbook reveals that the launch date for the 700P has been moved back by 1 week to June 4th.
    And Palm updated their "will ship in 2 - 3 days" for Sprint yesterday (24th). WTF?!?!?!

This is the worst rollercoaster I've been on. It didn't seem this bad for the 650--or is it just me?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    And Palm updated their "will ship in 2 - 3 days" for Sprint yesterday (24th). WTF?!?!?!

This is the worst rollercoaster I've been on. It didn't seem this bad for the 650--or is it just me?
    It may still be shipped out, but in the stores, dont look for anything until Mon, June 5th.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    For existing Sprint customers, what's the price going to be when buying directly from Sprint? If I wait and buy from Sprint, instead of ordering online from Palm for $649, will I save any money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    Sad news my fellow Treo Enthusiasts. Checking my latest playbook reveals that the launch date for the 700P has been moved back by 1 week to June 4th . The push back comes with no explanation, merely a training for features of the phone . I'm as sad as you all are, but what can we do? The info says it will be in the stores the week of 6/4/2006, which means that it could be in the stores Monday the 5th to Friday the 9th depending on shipping dates and delays. How much longer must we wait??!?!?!

The good news I see from the phone Built-in Key features is that is say GPS on the listing . So maybe we wont need a GPS receiver for the phone?
    Ya know -- this is our fault on this forum. We have spent so much time bashing Sprint store rep knowledge -- Sprint is taking exception to that -- and is providing a week of extra training on features.

Way to go TC Discussion Forum!! We rock!!

LMAO.

Cheers, Perry.
    why would independent reseller already recieved their Treo700P with sprint??? I am still confused. How does this explain all those boxes in the thread, "look what i got" ???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    why would independent reseller already recieved their Treo700P with sprint??? I am still confused. How does this explain all those boxes in the thread, "look what i got" ???
    That's a PALM store
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Those were not delivered to a SPRINT store. . . . maybe telesales will still be able to sell -- they do not demo features. . . . .who knows . . . LOL.
    Does this "push back" affect the telesales availability? I was told that I could order through telesales on 5/28.
    Legalbeagle
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    Does this "push back" affect the telesales availability? I was told that I could order through telesales on 5/28.
    Hope springs eternal . . . . . . .
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    For existing Sprint customers, what's the price going to be when buying directly from Sprint? If I wait and buy from Sprint, instead of ordering online from Palm for $649, will I save any money?
    Nope
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I don't know if this push back is true but Verizon did the smart thing, it appears, by not adding any extra software like the rather cool things Sprint has added out of the box. Seems like VZW went with what Sprint engineers tested and had working a month or two ago when Merlyn showed us his 700p.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    Dunno . No info regarding that, just Sprint Store release.
    With all the sprint stores having their shipment in already, but unable to sell till sunday - does that mean that they wait till the 4th as well?

Doens't matter to me much, because I'm not ordering till at least the 1st anyways.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    How does Verizon manage to get the 700P and the Q out and Sprint can't even get the 700 out the door.
    Well, Sprint's not carrying the Motorola Q to my understanding.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    With all the sprint stores having their shipment in already, but unable to sell till sunday - does that mean that they wait till the 4th as well?

Doens't matter to me much, because I'm not ordering till at least the 1st anyways.
    No sprint stores should have the 700P in stock yet. I just checked our shipments on the way, and we dont have anything coming in aside from the currently released phones. Even the Blackberry 7130e and the LG Fusic, which were scheduled the same day release date are not shippped out yet.
    FYI-Just checked again with telesales on the earliest date I could complete my order for two 700ps (I had renewed my expired contract a few weeks ago, up dating 2 lines with A900s which I have received and getting a $300.00 each on two 700ps "when they were available to ship"). The rep indicated that I could order the 700ps on the 28th and they would ship that day. Of course based on what's being reported in these threads, whether that's just more BS remains to be seen. Anyway I'm a glass half full type of guy so "hope will still spring eternal" at least until the 28th.
    Legalbeagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hope springs eternal . . . . . . .
    More like Summer of Cor-ruption
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast