Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    You will be able to get the 700p through telesales.I basicly preordered mine this morning.The guy from telesales is calling me back tuesday am to finalize the deal.I should have my lil precious within 2 days.
    sorry but I see you are new to sprint. telesales reps are making call back lists. they are long. you can bet the first called will be new customers new lines as those involve commissions.

Secondly the telesales reps know less about the release date then people here.

I can see this from the "tuesday" date in fact. the new phones are always first available on sunday. this guy doesnt work weekends and is going to call you 48 hours after they first show up iin the unlikly case they are added this sunday. in fact they are most leikly going to be avaailbe next sunday.

Onto your next problem -- you are overpaying:
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    I called sprint telesales 1hr ago.The guy said the phone was $649.00 but I get a $150.00 rebate.That brought the phone to $499.00.I told the guy that Palm was selling it for $100.00 bucks cheaper.He then transfered me to CS they said they could not match the price yet,cause the phone is not out yet.They said they might not be able to match the price.WTF is up wiht that.Guess I have to go with palm.
    If he is talking about a $150 rebate, in fact on this phone it is 250 off. Since he told you are eligible for a $150 rebate as either a newcustomer, new line, oir older than two year old handset you are also certainly elegible for the $100 service credit given ANYONE in tha class (retention is giving $150 to $200.)

Again anyone eligible for $150 off in the case of this handset is in in fact eligible automatically for a total of $250 and maybe more.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    Again anyone eligible for $150 off in the case of this handset is in in fact eligible automatically for a total of $250 and maybe more.
    What about people eligible for the 1 year/$75 off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Where is Postal?
    In Oregon I think, I saw Postal Office sign there once...
    just to add more fuel to the fire I was in the main sprint corporate store in DC about a half an hour ago in the way home from work. I aksed abut adding lines with new fusix lg 550 (also announced at same time) and new line for treo.
    Store manager said they did not have either and would not this weekend . they did receive the normal delivery thursday or today of phones they expected for launch on sunday and were told middle of next week.

my coworker did go to the palm store in DC and they have thme and you can see them (with the sprint box) but they are not for sale according to the manager.
  5.    #85  
    I dont know if I should post this , but I've rechecked our incoming shipments. Looks like there is now a shipment of Treo 700Ps (And Blackberry 7130e's) coming to our store. It was shipped out Yesterday about 11AM. It wasn't there yesterday afternoon when I looked. As for arrival time, I have no clue since this is a holiday weekend. Could be Tues-Wed.

Whether or not we'll be allowed to sell them or not is debatable. We'll have to wait to hear from our Area Director, which will likely occur sometime on Monday (If he works... lucky dog) or Tuesday. In the mean time, We'll have the phones sitting in the back, and likely will have a nice bright orange sticker saying, "Don't merchandise or sell until 6/4/2006," which sucks. So... the stores may get them early, but likely wont be able to sell until 6/4/2006.

Stupid VZW... How did they do it?!?!?!?!

/ready to get bombarded mode: on
    whats the vector victor?

so you are saying that contray to what icanbeatali has posted Sprint stores are not allowed to sell them till the area director gives the ok?
    Two Sprint stores in my area (Albany, NY) both told me that they expect the 700p "at the end of June," not that they necessarily have any idea.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I called Sprint CS and the guy I spoke to said that they will be sold starting 5/28 at noon... not a minute before. He also told me the price was 679.00... Thats kinda hefty... I called my local sprint store and they said for me to call back on the 28th... meaning they must have them in already...
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    whats the vector victor?

so you are saying that contray to what icanbeatali has posted Sprint stores are not allowed to sell them till the area director gives the ok?
    As for what icanbeatali posted, I don't know. We have them en route (at least to our store), but sometimes, Sprint's corporate puts those nice "Don't sell until this date" Stickers on them. If they are present, then we have to wait, if not, then I see no reason why we can't sell them, but if someone higher up in Sprint's eschalon says "Hold," we have to hold, or get in serious (fired) trouble.

Its the same thing as someone at Walmart selling a new release movie on Monday that releases on Tuesday. Fun for the consumer, but the employee gets the heat because of promised selling times.

I dont understand why this is occuring. It's blowing my mind. I dont know if supply was an issue, or if there was something to do with VZW, I'm really confused on it. I'm hoping that once we get them in we can unpack and sell them. If for no other reason, than to get those who bought the VZW phones to bring them back and get Sprint; unless of course they can't get service in their area, then forget about it.

Roger? Roger?
    And don't call me Shirley.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    If he is talking about a $150 rebate, in fact on this phone it is 250 off. Since he told you are eligible for a $150 rebate as either a newcustomer, new line, oir older than two year old handset you are also certainly elegible for the $100 service credit given ANYONE in tha class (retention is giving $150 to $200.)

When it comes to price....

There is what we call an "overlay" on the price of the phone. That is a discount for people who are new to Sprint or those who've had their old handset for 2+ years on that phone number (Not those who have had service with Sprint for 2+ years, its all based on how long ago that phone was put on your phone number). The overlay is an extra $100 off the retail purchase price if you sign a new 24 month contract.

If you have had your phone for 2+ years, and renew a 24 month contract that gives you Sprint's discount of $150 off the retail purchase price.

Put it togther it is $650 - $150 with 2year contract for qualified customers - $100 overlay for those who qualify for $150 instant rebate = $400 (actually $399.99) + tax + $36 activation fee. (Obviously Palm might be the better choice to avoid the tax issue which would be about $30 here in TX )

So think about this... The Treo 650 was released around November of 2004, which means that if you were like me and bought that glistening handset the day or month it came out, you wont qualify for the $150 instant rebate, which then means you wont qualify for the additional $100 overlay.

So what does that mean? Because we have had the phone for 12-23 months, we could get a simple $75 rebate off the regular purchase price which looks like $575 + tax + $36 activation/upgrade fee. ($654.13 after all is said and done in my store and activation posts to bill)

Or you could just buy the darn phone outright at $650 and tax, and no act fee. (about $697.11)

Is that not fair? :shrugs: Well, I dont make the rules, I'm just reporting what Sprint's trained me. "But I want my 700 now, and I want it for $400!" Well, add a line to your account, and you'll get it. It will have a new number on it, but you can have the phones switched on the account after 2 weeks in the stores (after return/exchange policy expires), or you can call Customer Service on the phone and see if they can do it faster, but you'd better not cancel that new line, or you'll get a nice $300 charge to your account ($200 Early cancel fee + $100 overlay charge). So stick it out, Sprint's got plans that can add lines for as low as $9.99. They're not out to **** people off, but they are out to make money. It's what businesses do. It's not evil, it's just business. If Sprint gave every customer a discount on a phone everytime they wanted one, the customers would be SUPER DUPER SLAP YOUR MAMMA HAPPY, but Sprint would be filing chapter 11 bankruptcy so fast your mamma's face would still be stinging from the slap.
  11.    #91  
    What do you qualify for?

Check out Sprint's website here
    Just spoke with all 3 Sprint stores in my town -- none received any 700's yet. One is showing theirs weres sipped Friday, so will be in Monday even with the holiday.

Two of the three did acknowledge telesales will still begin 5/28.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Two of the three did acknowledge telesales will still begin 5/28.

I was on the phone with Sprint yesterday for an unrelated issue. I was also told the 28th, at midnight Central.

So, if you really, really want it from Sprint, tonight is the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    I was on the phone with Sprint yesterday for an unrelated issue. I was also told the 28th, at midnight Central.

So, if you really, really want it from Sprint, tonight is the night.
    Midnight? what is this a Star Wars release.
    Last edited by rick2203; 05/27/2006 at 01:30 PM.
    My Dad just stunned me.
    He said he just got off the phone with Sprint and ordered the 700P.
    Then he says, "Guess how much it cost?"
    I say, "$500, $600?"
    He says, "$250"
    I'm like, "What?"
    He didn't say why the rep gave him that price. He's been with Sprint for about 8 years and he's only 1 year into a 2-year contract.
    He did say he had to sign a new 2-year deal. And they're throwing in a free car charger.
    I asked when it's shipping and he said the rep told him Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Man, I'm jealous.
    I thought he was going to get a 650 since the price is coming down (BTW, Sprint rep said the 650 is over as of June 11).
    Now, I'm pondering a 700p but I'm on VZW and barely halfway in my 2-year contract with my 650.
    Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    My Dad just stunned me.
    He said he just got off the phone with Sprint and ordered the 700P.
    Then he says, "Guess how much it cost?"
    I say, "$500, $600?"
    He says, "$250"
    I'm like, "What?"
    He didn't say why the rep gave him that price. He's been with Sprint for about 8 years and he's only 1 year into a 2-year contract.
    He did say he had to sign a new 2-year deal. And they're throwing in a free car charger.
    I asked when it's shipping and he said the rep told him Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Man, I'm jealous.
    I thought he was going to get a 650 since the price is coming down (BTW, Sprint rep said the 650 is over as of June 11).
    Now, I'm pondering a 700p but I'm on VZW and barely halfway in my 2-year contract with my 650.
    Hmm.
    Sounds like good ol' dad is pulling your leg.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Regarding ordering thru Sprint telesales. Does anyone know if you can get the upgrade discount thru telesales?
    My local Sprint Store just said "I think we will be able to start selling that on June 4th". The key words here is "be able to" which means they probably have stock.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Sounds like good ol' dad is pulling your leg.

Wouldn't be the first time.
    I'll check the receipt.
    I'm just happy he's joining the club.
    He's had a Visor Deluxe and a Palm Tungsten E over the years so I know the 700 is going to blow him away.
    I called retention yesterday and was told that I would qualiyfy for the $150 discount, but it would be better to do it in a store because it would be instant versus a mail-in rebate through telesales...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast