Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    With all the sprint stores having their shipment in already, but unable to sell till sunday - does that mean that they wait till the 4th as well?
    I was in a Grand Rapids Sprint store yesterday and the store manager assured me that if he had them in the back he'd have them available for sale. He told me the 28th and when I asked him how many he was getting (I've been on his list of people to call when they come in) he said "I asked for as many as they'll send me." (whatever that means)

So, as of yesterday afternoon, he still thought he'd get them this weekend--but who knows
    was at my local store today they had the display board out but did not have any pricing asked to purchase the 700 and was told they will be in by the end of the month so i joked and said it is the end of the month and he claims to have it by middle of next week.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Stroll! Stroll!
    are you trying to spell Stoli?
    I haven't seen the new playbook...will post tomorrow confiming or denying the info.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vregan
    I was in a Grand Rapids Sprint store yesterday and the store manager assured me that if he had them in the back he'd have them available for sale. He told me the 28th and when I asked him how many he was getting (I've been on his list of people to call when they come in) he said "I asked for as many as they'll send me." (whatever that means)

So, as of yesterday afternoon, he still thought he'd get them this weekend--but who knows

Grand Rapids, MI is an affiliate market for Sprint vs. corporate. (I assume this is like a franchise situation.)

Anyway -- the Alpine store manager has been saying that he will get the 700P one week later than the corporate stores -- as that is how it always goes. As well, he says he never knows what he is getting until he sees it on the "order form", which arrives not much before the shipment.

FWIW -- he said he was looking at the 4th vs. the 28th.

Cheers, Perry.
    I called sprint telesales 1hr ago.The guy said the phone was $649.00 but I get a $150.00 rebate.That brought the phone to $499.00.I told the guy that Palm was selling it for $100.00 bucks cheaper.He then transfered me to CS they said they could not match the price yet,cause the phone is not out yet.They said they might not be able to match the price.WTF is up wiht that.Guess I have to go with palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    I called sprint telesales 1hr ago.The guy said the phone was $649.00 but I get a $150.00 rebate.That brought the phone to $499.00.I told the guy that Palm was selling it for $100.00 bucks cheaper.He then transfered me to CS they said they could not match the price yet,cause the phone is not out yet.They said they might not be able to match the price.WTF is up wiht that.Guess I have to go with palm.

It's not $100 cheaper from Palm... there was a $100 off for developers but they stopped giving that out unless you've been signed up for that for 60 days. It's still $649.00.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    are you trying to spell Stoli?
    Sorry if this is a bit too personal in nature but...

Is that a burrito in your Sig or are you just happy to see me?
    The info about June 4 is correct....sorry!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Sorry if this is a bit too personal in nature but...

Is that a burrito in your Sig or are you just happy to see me?
    Haggar, only a blind man would be happy to see you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Grand Rapids, MI is an affiliate market for Sprint vs. corporate. (I assume this is like a franchise situation.)

Anyway -- the Alpine store manager has been saying that he will get the 700P one week later than the corporate stores -- as that is how it always goes. As well, he says he never knows what he is getting until he sees it on the "order form", which arrives not much before the shipment.

FWIW -- he said he was looking at the 4th vs. the 28th.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry and the Dragon, both confirming the 4th of June. Hmmmm, is Sprint having product testing issues? Or did Palm screw up and get the shipment of VZW's first and was stuck with shipping them to VZW?
    You will be able to get the 700p through telesales.I basicly preordered mine this morning.The guy from telesales is calling me back tuesday am to finalize the deal.I should have my lil precious within 2 days.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Perry and the Dragon, both confirming the 4th of June. Hmmmm, is Sprint having product testing issues? Or did Palm screw up and get the shipment of VZW's first and was stuck with shipping them to VZW?
    I think this is all back room deals between Palm and VZW. I'm guessing, as has been suggested by others, that this was part of the 700p deal.

Let's face it VZW is running TV ads, their web site is promoting it...and they are delivering product. They have a HUGE advantage here and I don't think it's simply because Stroll and Palm are screwed up, or being conservative, or just lazy...I think there's a reason for the VZW advantage...
    the future Vodaphone deal with Palm? doesn't Vodaphone own a controlling interest in VZW wireless?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    the future Vodaphone deal with Palm? doesn't Vodaphone own a controlling interest in VZW wireless?
    Makes as much sense as anything else I've read around here (okay...given what I've read around it...it makes much MORE sense than anything I've read around here).

Totally OT - but gharrod -- are those guys FILLING the burrito?
    "Ride the Burrito!"

The saucy sequel to Brokeback Mountain set for June 2007 release Brokeback Burrito...this movie has not been rated.
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    I dont think that we can merchandise the 700p at Sprint Stores until Sunday, but most stores will be recieving a shipment today of the new Treo. Just thought I would let you know. I can also tell you this... when i get it at my store I promise I am not putting it on the shelf right away. I mean... I have to test the product right?

icanbeat, we have been told by Sprint employees the revised playbook says a one week delay in the 700P. Are you sure you are getting them today?

Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    I just checked our incoming shipments and it says that the Treo 700p, and a new EVDO Blackberry were shipped out yesterday. I'm guessing it'll be a VERY limited supply...

Dragon just confirmed again, June 4th. Again I ask what does your updated playbook show? Dragon is also a Sprint employee so I assume his info as always is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    icanbeatali, Since the playbook now says June 4th, but you claim to be receiving some today, IF they do arrive today, I ask one simple question: Can you, your store, or any other Sprint PCS store that has them prior to Sunday morning May 28th, 2006 sell them on that day? Dragon feel free to chime in on this one.

TTB
  18.    #78  
    In case you were wondering, I have yet to hear from our area Palm Representative about the delay. I dont know if i'm being ignored, or they cant or wont tell. Just thought I'd give you an update.
    Local store manager confirmed (according to her playbook from this morning) that the 700 is delayed until 6/4. Good thing i dont work at the post office..
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech
    Local store manager confirmed (according to her playbook from this morning) that the 700 is delayed until 6/4. Good thing i dont work at the post office..
    Where is Postal?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast