Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well, I WAS going to stroll into my local Sprint store on 5/28, now I guess I'll try telesales. I was hoping to get some quality Treo time over the long weekend. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    The good news I see from the phone Built-in Key features is that is say GPS on the listing . So maybe we wont need a GPS receiver for the phone?
    Anymore information on that. GPS as in they can find us or we can find a specific place?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I'm glad I ordered from Palm, and didn't wait for Sprint.
    Jimmie Geddes
    my local Sprint store manager has been suggesting for weeks that telesales will have it well before the stores.

I vote that it WILL be available through telesales 5/28.
    in stores sunday, faith be strong.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Guess this solves my problem about where to buy from.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Anymore information on that. GPS as in they can find us or we can find a specific place?
    No News on that. Checked the Manager Playbook also which tends to give a little more insight on things, but nothing! Jeez. Palm sure does like to keep us in suspense. It may be something that Telenav will use. I'm not sure if it is full fledged GPS, or if it is tower tracking style. Dang it!
  8.    #48  
    Nothing yet. Be patient.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I'm considering the fact it may be because someone posted the Sprint Playbook here which is proprietary info.

So.... they probably got wind, got pissed, and pushed it back.
    Now that would be a mature business decision.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    Now that would be a mature business decision.
    Since when did Sprint ever say they were mature? Ha ha ha, just kiddding.

/Reactivate looking over shoulder mode: on
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'm not longer referring to them as "Sprint" -- I'm calling them "Stroll"...
    limp, crawl
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm new to this board and this will be my first Treo.I have an i870 now.I can not wait to get my hands on the 700p.I called telesales today and they say it will be for sale on 5/28.I hope.
    No News on that. Checked the Manager Playbook also which tends to give a little more insight on things, but nothing! Jeez. Palm sure does like to keep us in suspense. It may be something that Telenav will use. I'm not sure if it is full fledged GPS, or if it is tower tracking style. Dang it!
    I'm sure it's only E911. The only GPS mention in the owners manual is about adding a bluetooth receiver: http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...psprint_UG.pdf
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Justbrown,
    I'm the one who TRIED to bet that the 700p would be released in some form or fashion on 5/28. Nobody bit.

The final line in that post was "Any Takers?" There were NO takers...hence no bet. Too late now.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    It was released in some form or fashion, just verizons form.
    I have nothing to say about Sprint...Haggar has covered it for me...LOL
    at&t iPhone3G
    I actually posted the "bet" on SprintUsers not TC.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Justbrown,
    I'm the one who TRIED to bet that the 700p would be released in some form or fashion on 5/28. Nobody bit.

The final line in that post was "Any Takers?" There were NO takers...hence no bet. Too late now.
    Dargonman,

Can you confirm the op's playbook statement?

Thanks,
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I have nothing to say about Sprint...Haggar has covered it for me...LOL
    Stroll! Stroll!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast