Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    FYI-Just checked again with telesales on the earliest date I could complete my order for two 700ps (I had renewed my expired contract a few weeks ago, up dating 2 lines with A900s which I have received and getting a $300.00 each on two 700ps "when they were available to ship"). The rep indicated that I could order the 700ps on the 28th and they would ship that day. Of course based on what's being reported in these threads, whether that's just more BS remains to be seen. Anyway I'm a glass half full type of guy so "hope will still spring eternal" at least until the 28th.
    I really do hope that it can be at least ordered through Telesales on the 28th, but I have a bad habit of not trusting Sprint's Telesales or customer service dept cause of experiences I have seen from my Store's Experience. Sadly they seem to get the info the last, or get the info out to all the reps a few months after a change takes effect.
    Again, I REALLY do hope that it's orderable on the 28th from telesales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ya know -- this is our fault on this forum. We have spent so much time bashing Sprint store rep knowledge -- Sprint is taking exception to that -- and is providing a week of extra training on features.

Way to go TC Discussion Forum!! We rock!!

LMAO.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry Perry Perry, always taking credit for changing the world...blah blah blah, now I suppose the Palm Secret Police were calling you to tell you that we just cost Palm a ton of money in training Sprint reps...ROFL...

Kiddin' ya dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    I really do hope that it can be at least ordered through Telesales on the 28th, but I have a bad habit of not trusting Sprint's Telesales or customer service dept cause of experiences I have seen from my Store's Experience. Sadly they seem to get the info the last, or get the info out to all the reps a few months after a change takes effect.
    Again, I REALLY do hope that it's orderable on the 28th from telesales.
    If the reference in previous posts regarding the need for training at the store level is valid (some would possibly argue that Sprint does no training on new phones) then it would make sense that could be the reason the 700ps would be available through telesales before they were available at the stores. (Look for the silver lining mode).
    Legalbeagle
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    This can't be true! I want my 700p NOW!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
  5.    #25  
    Ya know -- this is our fault on this forum. We have spent so much time bashing Sprint store rep knowledge -- Sprint is taking exception to that -- and is providing a week of extra training on features.

Way to go TC Discussion Forum!! We rock!!

LMAO.

Cheers, Perry.
    Ha ha ha. We dont pay attention to training. The only reason I know anything is because I have the 650 since its release in '04.

I'm considering the fact it may be because someone posted the Sprint Playbook here which is proprietary info.

So.... they probably got wind, got pissed, and pushed it back.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I AM SO EXCITED! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

Sprint has an EXCLUSIVE! They have the NEW Treo 700P with DirectPushback technology! Aren't we lucky?!? Take that Verizon!!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    This can't be true! I want my 700p NOW!
    Well even if the date weren't pushed back, you couldnt get it now because the original release date hasn't passed.
    Well, Sprint's not carrying the Motorola Q to my understanding.

They should be....................I'm hatin Verizon right now, they get the 700w first, the 700P first, the Q first, WTF!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I AM SO EXCITED! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

Sprint has an EXCLUSIVE! They have the NEW Treo 700P with DirectPushback technology! Aren't we lucky?!? Take that Verizon!!
    Ermmm.....
    ::rechecking current playbook::

Nope
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    They should be....................I'm hatin Verizon right now, they get the 700w first, the 700P first, the Q first, WTF!
    I'm with you viking. I'm pissed about it too.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I'm not longer referring to them as "Sprint" -- I'm calling them "Stroll"...
    Ha ha ha. We dont pay attention to training. The only reason I know anything is because I have the 650 since its release in '04.

I'm considering the fact it may be because someone posted the Sprint Playbook here which is proprietary info.

So.... they probably got wind, got pissed, and pushed it back.

More likely they would take the offending employee out to the woodshed . . . . . . . .than delay a national launch.
    Hey they suck your blood through their plans (specially data plans). I would wait weeks if I can save money with sprint to get new Treo.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  14.    #34  
    Well... to be honest, Sprint's relationship with Motorola hasn't been the greatest thing ever. They JUST released their first Sprint phone to the stores in about 2-3 years about a month ago. So it seems more like they are doing it because of their ties with Nextel moreso than wanting to be partners wtih Sprint PCS.
    I'm not longer referring to them as "Sprint" -- I'm calling them "Stroll"...

Stroll together with Nex Month
  16.    #36  
    More likely they would take the offending employee out to the woodshed . . . . . . . .than delay a national launch.
    Possibly, likely....

/looking over shoulder mode: on
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Possibly, likely....

/looking over shoulder mode: on
    Come to think of it, where is numb-wing?
    HEY! Someone on this forum owe's me $50. They bet a while back that the 700p is coming out on May28th and said he would put $50's on it. WHO WAS IT??? I'll find out eventually if i have to search every thread
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  19.    #39  
    Come to think of it, where is numb-wing?
    It was Onewing.... I think
  20.    #40  
    I've put an email into the area Palm rep for some answers, will post when they respond... if they respond.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast