1.    #1  
    There's what seems to be a nice deal at buy.com ($50 plus shipping), but I can't find any info about these headphones, including finding little things like A2DP mentioned anywhere :-( . Someone said they liked the Jensen WBT212 model.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...272&adid=17662

Does anyone have any info?
    I already ordered mine. I read that they are they same as the WBT212, but packaged with the transmitter. Someone on the slickdeals forum said they did have A2DP, but I cannot confirm that, but since the treocentral user says the WBT212's work with the Audio Gateway, I took the plunge.

Just in time, as my jack is on its last legs.
  3.    #3  
    dennisI,

This may only be a short-term Memorial Day sale; it would be very helpful if you'd post back your initial impressions here, especially if it's still possible for other to order at this price.
    I just ordered them, so we'll see, I guess. I have other uses for them,but I also haven't purchased audio gateway yet.

I did see on the slickdeals forum that they support a2dp. not sure if that's confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    I already ordered mine. I read that they are they same as the WBT212, but packaged with the transmitter. Someone on the slickdeals forum said they did have A2DP, but I cannot confirm that, but since the treocentral user says the WBT212's work with the Audio Gateway, I took the plunge.

Just in time, as my jack is on its last legs.

I'm the one over at slickdeals that said I have the wbt212 and they are the same thing as far as I can tell except the wbt212 are black (not silver) and they dont come with the BT transmitter..... so the deal is good, they do support a2dp and sound/work nice.

I use them at work here and the battery life isnt all that great (maybe 3 or 4 hours??) but I bought mine off ebay... YMMV on the battery life.... but the bluetooth transmitter that comes with the wbb100's will be a nice addition to stuff like an ipod that doesnt transmit in bluetooth to begin with.
  6.    #6  
    Any feedback from anyone who purchased their WBB100 at buy.com (or this exact model elsewhere)? They're up to $58 at buy.com ... still potentially a good deal.
    just got mine today - they seem to work like a charm! haven't used them heavily, but listened to some stuff on pocket tunes just perfectly. crystal clear.
    I got mine last night. They paired well and worked easily. I haven't tested picking up a call and returning to music, but the sound seems okay. I was bummed that there are no stop, play, prev, next functions there. Am I missing something?
    Negative review (as to phone connection) by one user at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

Of course, it could have been his phone (not a Treo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Negative review (as to phone connection) by one user at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

Of course, it could have been his phone (not a Treo).
    Mine should be here in a day or two and I will post a full review with the 650.
    Well, got it yesterday. Unfortunately, I could not test it with pocket tunes b/c I had a reset issue that lost the reg. code. Will test that tonight.
    These results are with Realplayer bundled with the 650 and using Softicks SAG latest version:

1. Charging and Pairing: Charged in a couple of hours, paired easily with 650.

2. Sound; very good, volume plenty strong.

3. Bluetooth Range: Works well , but when walking does a little drop out if 650 carried on right side of body, bluetooth transmitter in left earpiece of headset.

4. Battery Life; 3.5 hours continous loud playback.

5. Phone use; I dont know if it is a function of SAG, Realplayer or the Headset, but when a call comes in, I hear a ring in the headset and can answer and talk but ending the call freezes the Treo. Only soft reset gets phone back.

6. Instant messaging. Mixed bad results during playback; SAG cutout when first IM received. On second one received, could receive message, but sending response to messages causes same freeze problem.

Will post more results later tonight with Pocktet Tunes.

7. In the package; usb charger, wall charger, bluetooth dongle for non-bluetooth devices and a thin manual. The manual mentions that bluetooth is a new technology and may not always work well with all devices. Not confidence inspiring.

Current Conclusion: As an mp3 player bluetooth headset pretty good. Phone integration; not good if problems can not be overcome using Pocket tunes rather than Realplayer.
    Now I have tried it with SAG and Pocket Tunes. Sames issues on calls. Can accept calls, but pressing any buttons on phone or headset freezes Treo.

The call handling is definitely a SAG issue. Just made a practice call and it transferred the call to the headset and I hungup with the headset with no issues WITHOUT SAG active. With SAG active, it freezes the Treo

Couple of other observations:
    1. Second full charge took less than 1hour.
    2. Appearance: Speaker covers on headset are white, I think with ipod usage in mind.
    3. Buttons on headset: Right side: on/off slider switch with charge light and power cord plugin. Left side; volume up and down buttons and call end, plus small blue status light. Also small rigid silver boom mic pointing toward the users mouth.
    4. Convenience: the headphone, actually backphone, folds in the middle and again halfway from the middle hinge to each headphone for a nice compact shape. A carrying bag is included.

This unit costs $57. If the call handling issues can be resolved with SAG, its a great value.
    Last edited by rinkeedink; 06/14/2006 at 09:50 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Many thanks for your review. My shipment was en route from buy.com, but based upon your review I decided to refuse receipt of the shipment (return to sender). At some point I'll buy some other headphones which have a clean bill of health for both music and placing calls.

Thanks again!
    Anyone pair these with their 700p? I've got a pair and I can pair and unpair them with my Mac all day long but I can't get them to pair with the 700p. I turn the Mac BTduring the attempts.

Treo shows WBT212 in the list. I select and say OK and it says "Unable to connect to WBT212 (OK/Try Again)".

Is there some sequence I should be doing with this (I don't to pair with the mac)?
    Or some utility I should be installing on the Treo 700p?

UPDATE, so I've soft reset and it's pairing now, but now I'm not sure how to make it work.
    I can't get it to answer or to play music through it.
    I don't think I've ever had this much trouble with my Motorola HS815 BT headset.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Last edited by garylapointe; 06/19/2006 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    Anyone pair these with their 700p? I've got a pair and I can pair and unpair them with my Mac all day long but I can't get them to pair with the 700p. I turn the Mac BTduring the attempts.

Treo shows WBT212 in the list. I select and say OK and it says "Unable to connect to WBT212 (OK/Try Again)".

Is there some sequence I should be doing with this (I don't to pair with the mac)?
    Or some utility I should be installing on the Treo 700p?

UPDATE, so I've soft reset and it's pairing now, but now I'm not sure how to make it work.
    I can't get it to answer or to play music through it.
    I don't think I've ever had this much trouble with my Motorola HS815 BT headset.

Thanks,
    Gary
    May be a 700P specific pairing problem. Initial pairing was instant and faultless with the 650, and remembers pairing after soft resets.
    I can't get the Jensen headphones to work with pocket tunes on my 700p. THey work with the phone ok. Is there something else I need to do? The music just comes out of the speakerphone.
    Last edited by cwb2; 06/24/2006 at 12:32 AM. Reason: didn't specify which phones or headphones