Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    amazing how so many different stories from one company. do they have any management at Sprint anymore?
    G, I have the real answer!
    So they cant sell them untill the official launch date ... If true,
    Then I head over to icanbeatali's store, write a check out for the purchase price of a 700p and tax. Date it for the launch date. Hand him the check along with a $50 bill under the check. He sends me off with my new 700p and on launch date, I go in and pick up my receipt.

Now, that's management!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    Then I head over to icanbeatali's store, write a check out for the purchase prices of a 700p and tax. Date it for the launch date. Hand him the check along with a $50 bill under the check. He sends me off with my new 700p and on launch date, I go in and pick up my receipt.

Now, that's management!
    And financial suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    And financial suicide?
    Ok, a $20 bill then.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    someone posted earlieras a Sprint employee that they would not be active in the system till the day they can be sold. are you saying Sprint does not handle it in that way? are you a manager of a Sprint store or an employee or do you in fact work for a Sprint affiliate?
    Hah... I don't want to be the instigator here, but it would make zero sense to ship phones that have inactive ESNs. That sounds like a story of a person that wanted a good reason to not sell a phone outside of the day that Sprint says is the launch date... you need to go be friends with the manager, if they like you they will help you a little more. I personally have sold a few phones over the years before the "official launch date" and they all worked fine. I'll let you guys know if I get them in today... I don't want to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to play with the phone.
    Then I head over to icanbeatali's store, write a check out for the purchase price of a 700p and tax. Date it for the launch date. Hand him the check along with a $50 bill under the check. He sends me off with my new 700p and on launch date, I go in and pick up my receipt.

Now, that's management!
    lol...... you are welcome in my store at any point. Too bad I can't tell you what store that is... I'm sure Sprint wouldn't be happy with me if they knew who I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    Hah... I don't want to be the instigator here, but it would make zero sense to ship phones that have inactive ESNs. That sounds like a story of a person that wanted a good reason to not sell a phone outside of the day that Sprint says is the launch date... you need to go be friends with the manager, if they like you they will help you a little more. I personally have sold a few phones over the years before the "official launch date" and they all worked fine. I'll let you guys know if I get them in today... I don't want to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to play with the phone.
    Don't forget to let us know how to get there either!
    lol...... you are welcome in my store at any point. Too bad I can't tell you what store that is... I'm sure Sprint wouldn't be happy with me if they knew who I was.
    You can PM me the address as you place one of the 700p's aside for me.
    cannot get it to lose the white border ... do you remember what prefernce setting it is?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Doesn't happen to be a store in Alabama, does it?
    Oh, and for the record... the playbook has the launchdate of the Blackberry 7130e as Sunday... the 700p as the following Sunday... but they shipped the same day from the warehouse. I'm personally ok with that, because if I get them in today then I can carry the demo one for a week before I put it on planogram. Glory be to demo phones we "aren't suppose" to sell yet.
    Ahhhhh.... I'm a fan.... doesn't mean I live there.
    Does history repeat itself? I can see the TreoDoctor saga staring us in the face.

icanbeatali, when they arrive, don't forget to post pics!
    What gives with all this "official launch date" stuff? Do they NOT work before then; has some great Sprint god not yet flipped the switch to enliven them?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Oh, and for the record... the playbook has the launchdate of the Blackberry 7130e as Sunday... the 700p as the following Sunday... but they shipped the same day from the warehouse. I'm personally ok with that, because if I get them in today then I can carry the demo one for a week before I put it on planogram. Glory be to demo phones we "aren't suppose" to sell yet.
    BUT, you did state, you could sell them (700p's) early, as early as THIS Sunday, correct?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    BUT, you did state, you could sell them (700p's) early, as early as THIS Sunday, correct?
    I think he said he could sell them as early as YESTERDAY if he had the things in stock...
    NP on the couple of days delay on the Sprint vs Verizon. Remember, Verizon customers will be paying a LOT more per month than us Sprint customers Let them gloat......until they get their first months bill ROFL
    No doubt Sprint data will be cheaper - but that still doesn't explain how in teh world Verizon can be kicking them out the door ahead fo Sprint. It's like Sprint can't find its backside with a map and flashlight.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    You see.... I am a Treo lover (specifically the Palm versions)... I wouldn't want to keep the public waiting. I would sell one today if we got them in and someone wanted one. Geez... what do I care... if anything I would be making people like this company even more by giving them the opportunity to use this amazing piece of machinery. I'll consider it my own little Sprint PRPRPR $move$...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    You see.... I am a Treo lover (specifically the Palm versions)... I wouldn't want to keep the public waiting. I would sell one today if we got them in and someone wanted one. Geez... what do I care... if anything I would be making people like this company even more by giving them the opportunity to use this amazing piece of machinery. I'll consider it my own little Sprint PRPRPR $move$...
    STROLL!
    I'll be checking back later for pictures of the DHL guy unloading them in front of your store. Then plz PM me the address. I wasn't kidding about the $50 bill either!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast