1.    #1  
    How do you get the phone off of that screen? Just typed in the code to see it is all.
    what code, btw?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    #*# upst#
    Do a reset with stylus.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you Sir. Was just looking around cause it is new, and got very scared. haha!
  6.    #6  
    Moonlizard, you newbie!
    Never knew you could get to the bootloader screen via keypad codes. I always thought you needed the 3 handed reset.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlizard
    #*# upst#
    Are you talking about the rainbow screen that appears and blocks the palm? Actually this is my case (in this screen I read the mention bootloader 0.24) and I can not operate my palm normally...

I already tried your suggestion (just in case...) and its not working...

Could you please help me on that?

Thanks in advance
    by the way, the stylus reset already tried... no results!
    I use the stylus reset every time I play with my custom ROM. It always resets the phone. I don't know why yours won't.
    I have the same problem. How did you resolve it. Thank you.
    Pull the battery. It can't fail.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Pull the battery. It can't fail.
    Actually... it can. A friend brought me her 650 that was stuck on the rainbow bootloader screen on Tuesday. No type of reset (standard, safe, hard) would clear it. Pulling the battery for a short time didn't fix it either. Pulling the battery for several hours we got it to come back to life twice, but it didn't last long before it would "randomly" revert to the HotSync application from which there was no button press that would exit. A reset at that point got us back to the bootloader screen. The Sprint store replaced it (out of warranty, no insurance) for $55.

From reading other threads it sounds like her 650 developed a short between the two multiconnector pins that initiate a HotSync, i.e. the connection made when pressing the HotSync button on a cable/cradle.

ERic
    can't seem to get that code to work. doesn't accept characters, only numbers in the dial screen. 1) where do you enter the code; and 2) is it #*#upst* where upst are the keystrokes, or does upst mean a specific key ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bparekh
    can't seem to get that code to work. doesn't accept characters, only numbers in the dial screen. 1) where do you enter the code; and 2) is it #*#upst* where upst are the keystrokes, or does upst mean a specific key ?
    The characters are on the phone keys on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bparekh
    If you aren't familiar with how to type it in, you probably shouldn't be using it. You could ruin your phone.
    So you are really typing #*#8778# ? That still doesn't do anything at all to the phone. I've used other codes before, i.e., to unlock the sim, find the error code, etc..., built my own custom roms, blah blah blah. Please don't assume I'm a newbie or unfamiliar with how to type it in. It simply was not clear.
    What is the purpose of this screen? I stumbed upon it accidentally thanks to an inept tech support person who told me the ##upst code was for PRL updates.