Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Even though for the last couple of weeks Sprint was expected to launch first, Verizon cuts them off, but at a price. Verizon's price is $500 with a 2-year service contract, higher than was previously expected. This carrier is charging $550 with a 1-year contract. Sprint says it plans to charge $400 for this smartphone with a 2-year contract. Sprint seems more worried about saving money with their customers instead of the continuous gouging...even to let Verizon blow by them again with a launch. Shortly after Sprint launches with the $400 charge with a two year contract, Verizon of course will have nothing else to do but then offer a rebate to match Sprints Price or what ever offer does it. Seems like Verizon was more worried about being first and making the suckers pay...maybe Verizon is smart, since their is so many people who will pay anything to have the latest gadgets first at any cost, and Verizon new it. Sprint definitely is changing their marketing tone letting this happen. If I am wrong about the pricing...Verizon people...tell me how much you paid, and I will be more than happy to admit I was wrong since I am with Sprint...of course
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Even though for the last couple of weeks Sprint was expected to launch first, Verizon cuts them off, but at a price. Verizon's price is $500 with a 2-year service contract, higher than was previously expected. This carrier is charging $550 with a 1-year contract. Sprint says it plans to charge $400 for this smartphone with a 2-year contract. Sprint seems more worried about saving money with their customers instead of the continuous gouging...even to let Verizon blow by them again with a launch. Shortly after Sprint launches with the $400 charge with a two year contract, Verizon of course will have nothing else to do but then offer a rebate to match Sprints Price or what ever offer does it. Seems like Verizon was more worried about being first and making the suckers pay...maybe Verizon is smart, since their is so many people who will pay anything to have the latest gadgets first at any cost, and Verizon new it. Sprint definitely is changing their marketing tone letting this happen. If I am wrong about the pricing...Verizon people...tell me how much you paid, and I will be more than happy to admit I was wrong since I am with Sprint...of course
    i priced it out with verizon today - i am contractless and have been with them a long time. it's $499 for the phone -- i'm 'entitled' to $100 back making my cost $399 but the plans remain the same: 1,350 min. for $79.99 unlimited v to v calls, nights and weekends free - and if you bundle the unlimited data - they cut a few bucks off the package to $109.99. but the pam plan is something like $59 a month. eek. i haven't decided if i'm staying with them. they are making no deals nor giving any incentive. take it or leave it is their attitude. makes me want to come over to spring. truely considering it.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bean
    i priced it out with verizon today - i am contractless and have been with them a long time. it's $499 for the phone -- i'm 'entitled' to $100 back making my cost $399 but the plans remain the same: 1,350 min. for $79.99 unlimited v to v calls, nights and weekends free - and if you bundle the unlimited data - they cut a few bucks off the package to $109.99. but the pam plan is something like $59 a month. eek. i haven't decided if i'm staying with them. they are making no deals nor giving any incentive. take it or leave it is their attitude. makes me want to come over to spring. truely considering it.
    I had a similar experience back when the 700W came out. I just couldn't stomach the cost of Verizon.

I totally agree with you Stewy...they smack their customers so hard it smarts...and that's why I think they should change their slogan...

"Verizon...the smarter choice"...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    You want some cheese with that whine?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    You want some cheese with that whine?
    You want a diaper...
    Do they even give you kisses while your recieving Verizon love...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I paid $299 for the phone through Verizon. New 2 year contract. Free overnight shipping. Here tomorrow. Now go drink some warm milk and go to bed.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    You want a diaper...
    Do they even give you kisses while your recieving Verizon love...
    I see. You're the one spouting off like a 3 year old that, boo hoo, Verizon screws their customer and doesn't appreciate them so it's not fair that they get the 700p first, but I'm the one in diapers?

Is there even a link on Sprint's website to order a 700p? Looks like most people with Verizon who ordered on Monday will be getting them by Friday.
  8.    #8  
    I got diamper rash after two years with verizon...its not about wine, I don't like being screwed, and I am so against this company.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I see. You're the one spouting off like a 3 year old that, boo hoo, Verizon screws their customer and doesn't appreciate them so it's not fair that they get the 700p first, but I'm the one in diapers?

Is there even a link on Sprint's website to order a 700p? Looks like most people with Verizon who ordered on Monday will be getting them by Friday.
    MY GOD! Tempers are flaring around here! You'd think this was a Vikings/Packers game....or a world federation face-off between Perry and gharrod...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    I paid $299 for the phone through Verizon. New 2 year contract. Free overnight shipping. Here tomorrow. Now go drink some warm milk and go to bed.
    how??? i spoke to 3 customer service reps, one from retention and one that reps our corporate account. no other discounts i was told. how to get the $299??????
  11.    #11  
    people with Verizon who ordered on Monday will be getting them by Friday.
    At a cost...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bean
    how??? i spoke to 3 customer service reps, one from retention and one that reps our corporate account. no other discounts i was told. how to get the $299??????
    judging from his name, I'd assume he's full of hot air.
    Tempers are flaring around here.... http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Haggar stop beating me in every thread.... damn 1xRTT
    <s></s>
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Evidently...I didn't drink the warm milk you did to get that price.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    judging from his name, I'd assume he's full of hot air.
    ayeee, i believed him. it was a moment of weakness. not to be repeated.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    Tempers are flaring around here.... http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Haggar stop beating me in every thread.... damn 1xRTT
    They called me Fast Eddy at one time...oh, but that was for a different reason...
    K, I feel ya, bro. VZW is not for me either. But lay off the haterade. lol. we'll get our P's soon enough. and we'll be payin' less.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    K, I feel ya, bro. VZW is not for me either. But lay off the haterade. lol. we'll get our P's soon enough. and we'll be payin' less.
    Your right...LMAO
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Your right...LMAO
    Good boy, Stewy... remember - Just because Verizon's prices are high doesn't mean their customers are...I think.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Good boy, Stewy... remember - Just because Verizon's prices are high doesn't mean their customers are...I think.
    LMAO...you are the king of wit
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast