1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and couldn't find any recent threads in this forum.

Does anyone know if or when Goodlink will support the Chinese language? I'm currently in China and Goodlink is running great on the Chinese Treo 650's here. The only issue is viewing the Chinese font in the emails. Is there a font available for download? Other than forcing my users to only use English, I'm not sure if there is a good solution out there. The Treo's support Chinese just fine.

Thanks!

Kevin
    Our development group is currently working on double-byte support for GoodLink, but no time frame on it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply! Is there any rough estimate? End of 2006? 2007?

I have about 40-50 users that deperately need this service. The staff here is suggesting that they use BB or even Redberry. BB is supposed to be live here shortly. I obviously prefer Goodlink.

Thank you,
    Kevin
    If I had to guess, about a year from now, but that is pure conjecture. I only know we are working on it.
    Double byte characters are tough and one of the reasons GL doesnt support non English language OSs be it a 1.xxAPR Treo (Chinese) ROM or Korean Telecom Samsung.

Our non US employees have had some success with CJKOS and PhiLoc on GL though have seen a few times where if the Philoc is running during a GLC upgrade or install, it will fail (remove app, install GL and reinstall app). Others to consider are Lingvosoft, and Paragon Group Software's PenReader but dont have experience with them.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    If I had to guess, about a year from now, but that is pure conjecture. I only know we are working on it.
    Anyword? Specifically, looking for Korean language support for GL running on windows mobile 5.0. If not input, at least for reading!