Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999
    I just called Palm and was told that the 2-3 days shipping time referred to "pre-shipping."
    I was told that no 700Ps will actually be shipped until next week.

Jeff
    Well that just puts a damper on my holiday weekend... (if this is true...)
    Guys, you're all wrong about FedEx and Saturday delivery.

FedEx Home Ground delivery is Tuesday-Saturday with no extra charges.
    FedEx Ground (to a non-home address) is Monday-Friday with no Saturday possibility (even for an extra fee)
    FedEx Express (any flavor) is Monday-Friday with Saturday available for an extra fee
    Fed Ex Same Day is every day of the year

Bottom line is that those with a home address may get them delivered on Saturday, depending on when Palm ships them.
    Does Palm ship ONLY with FED Ex or does it depend on which carrier? I know Sprint uses UPS and the Sprint (regional?) warehouse is in my city (Louisville). Do the 700's come from PALM directly or from Sprint or Verizon (on behalf of Palm)?

I just was hoping that mine is coming from the Louisville warehouse and I would get it the same day it ships (like I did for the 650--although I ordered in through a Sprint reseller).
    Things are looking grim for us Sprint users, i called some stores and they say they are not expecting the 700 until next week, yikes i was so hoping for Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Well that just puts a damper on my holiday weekend... (if this is true...)
    Same here from Palm re: Sprint.
    "Not shipping for another 2 to 3 days."
    "So ALL the orders are going out in 2 to 3 days?"
    "Yes."
    "Oh, okay."
    "Of course it depends where you are on the list. If you ordered early, your name will be higher on the list so it'll go out earlier."
    "Oh, well, is it possible for you to check where my order is on the list?"
    "No, the list is not accessible to me."
    "Then how do you know there really IS a list?"
    "How do I know the earth is really round?"
    "Because you've seen a picture of it from the sky?"
    "Exactly"
    "So you mean you've seen a picture of the list from the sky?"
    "Listen, this is America. There's always a list."
    "Good point."
    Last edited by DelMelo; 05/25/2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: don't need email notification
    ^ LoL. Made my Thursday morning. hahahah
    Just wanted to chime in from a north suburb of Chicago. Sprint stores here say Treo 700p to arrive at the stores next week.

I'm a current (and loving it) owner of Sprint Treo 650 and I ordered my 700P very early on 5/22 through the Palm website.

I'm still at "Order Received" but being patient!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    why does it seem like theres always a damn holiday when I'm waiting for a sexy piece of electronics....
    I have to laugh at all our impatience (yeah, me too). It was the same for the Treo 600 and 650 as I recall.

And as soon as everyone got their new toys, the mood quickly switched to "... what's wrong with this piece of @##%!" which generated another several thousand threads complaining about all the problems with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    I have to laugh at all our impatience (yeah, me too). It was the same for the Treo 600 and 650 as I recall.

And as soon as everyone got their new toys, the mood quickly switched to "... what's wrong with this piece of @##%!" which generated another several thousand threads complaining about all the problems with the phone.
    yes, and how they shouldn't have released as soon as they did it without first doing enought testing to get all the bugs worked out!
    still lol @ everyone trying to break fedex down. there is NO saturday delivery. none. fedex DOES do it...but palm wont.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    still lol @ everyone trying to break fedex down. there is NO saturday delivery. none. fedex DOES do it...but palm wont.
    It just has to be said...

yeah yeah...whatever...
    If only Toms Hanks plane was loaded with all your new Treos, instead of that stoopid Wilson ball, he could have gotten off that island sooner.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If only Toms Hanks plane was loaded with all your new Treos, instead of that stoopid Wilson ball, he could have gotten off that island sooner.

I thought you couldn't activate a phone while in roaming ?
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    I thought you couldn't activate a phone while in roaming ?
    And he'd need the Professor there to show him how to convert cocoa nuts and palm trees into a fully functioning battery charger...
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Just spoke with Tim at Palm. He said the phones will ship Tuesday for Wednesday delivery.

I told him that when I ordered mine I was told there was a possibility they may ship before the holiday and he said No. I also told him that I was told it may take 2 days to ship all the orders out. He said Yes, it possibly will.

He told me I could call back Monday for more info. I was surprised they were open.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    I know I work for FEDEX trust me, FEDEX Express only does saturday deliver ,for an arm and a leg $$$$, so trust me Palm is not going to pay those extra fees for saturday delivery. so its either friday or tuesday for you guys...sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Just spoke with Tim at Palm. He said the phones will ship Tuesday for Wednesday delivery.

I told him that when I ordered mine I was told there was a possibility they may ship before the holiday and he said No. I also told him that I was told it may take 2 days to ship all the orders out. He said Yes, it possibly will.

He told me I could call back Monday for more info. I was surprised they were open.
    Tim also told me yesterday that the order would ship "today" (Wednesday) or "tomorrow" (Thursday). Tim only knows what they tell him which is clearly not too much.
  18.    #58  
    We can all pretty much give up on getting our Treos tomorrow from Palm. Our orders are still in the same place, "order received". Tuesday or Wednesday are the days we'll get them.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    We can all pretty much give up on getting our Treos tomorrow from Palm. Our orders are still in the same place, "order received". Tuesday or Wednesday are the days we'll get them.
    700P - the "P" stands for purgatory...
  20.    #60  
    Very perceptive Haggar,lol. Everyone should just enjoy the weekend, instead of obsessing about ship dates. We're much closer to the 700p than we were last week,lol. Long weekends always go by too fast, so you'll get it soon. I've got a few coronas with my name on them and will enjoy the beach this weekend. I'll admit I'll check chatter everytime I get a new email to see if it's Palm saying they've shipped. Try and have a good weekend and stop obsessing, lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast