Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    It's Friday or Tuesday, Palm said if they ship out Friday we wouldn't get them until Tuesday due to the holiday. This is what the rep told me earlier today when he checked my order.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've rec'd Fed Ex pkgs on Saturdays.... it's da brown (UPS) that doesn't knock on weekends...
    But isn't overnight w/Saturday delivery possible different than standard overnight (workweek only)? Palm's footing the bill here, so I'm sure they're going with the cheaper overnight option. Plus, if they've given strict orders for Palm stores not to sell before the 28th, which is when Sprint will start selling theirs, it seems to me that they're bowing to Sprint's wishes here and aren't going to give anyone a 700p before the 28th if at all possible. My prediction is that all of us who ordered from Palm will be lucky if they ship them out on Friday for us to receive on Tuesday.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    lol, me and dutchtrupmet go way back. If they ship tonight or tomorrow friday is a possibility
    didnt i say that. Tell me, didnt i just say that it was possibility in other thread??? I knew they will ship it on friday the least. Hurray............
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    didnt i say that. Tell me, didnt i just say that it was possibility in other thread??? I knew they will ship it on friday the least. Hurray............
    Yah you did...
    <s></s>
  6.    #26  
    Headake why don't you buddies at Palm a call, and see if there's any news since they just updated the Sprint 700p shipping times if ordered now to 2-3 days. We ordered on Monday. You don't have to, but I know it'll make you feel better
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Headake why don't you buddies at Palm a call, and see if there's any news since they just updated the Sprint 700p shipping times if ordered now to 2-3 days. We ordered on Monday. You don't have to, but I know it'll make you feel better
    I think I will have to. All this news about Verizon people already receiving them is making me http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif.
    <s></s>
    You guys paint a pretty positive picture. Couldn't the 2-3 days mean, 2-3 days from today or any order date in the future?????
    Hedake,

Time to update that signature don't you think? both text and graphics!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Why would palm ship on friday and pay for overnight so that you can get on Tuesday. That is a waste of money, poor business move.
    --Don
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    Why would palm ship on friday and pay for overnight so that you can get on Tuesday. That is a waste of money, poor business move.

thats not Palm's fault. It's the way FedEx does business.

Standard overnight is NOT the same as EXPRESS Overnight w/ Saturday Delivery
    They better ship tomorrow so I can get my Treo on Friday. What the heck is going on with these people.... Don't you see we are dying here.....

Al
    All i gotta say, is I am going to sob like Treolo's avatar if the order I canceled (from Palm) would have scored me one sooner than a retail store O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    They better ship tomorrow so I can get my Treo on Friday. What the heck is going on with these people.... Don't you see we are dying here.....

Al
    Your profile picture fits the emotion of what you just said perfectly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo

Al

Look, I've accepted the fact that there will be many hours of 'I have the 700p' posts from people who buy at retail stores on Sunday. That's ok.

I'll be getting it for $100 less and no tax, and for that, I can wait until Tuesday/Wednesday.

(Although I too am hoping they ship today...)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    why does it seem like theres always a damn holiday when I'm waiting for a sexy piece of electronics....
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    I've rec'd Fed Ex pkgs on Saturdays.... it's da brown (UPS) that doesn't knock on weekends...
    saturday deliver for fedex cost extra so unless you payed extra for saturday delivery it will not be delivered until tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb

Not really a company like PALM probably only pays just a few bucks for overnight service from FEDEX since they are PowerShippers. thats why they can afford to send Overnight Pkgs for free ,because in reality they are not spending much due to the Shipping discounts FEDEX gives them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    why does it seem like theres always a damn holiday when I'm waiting for a sexy piece of electronics....
    That's because there is.

The 650 arrived in homes across America the day before Thanksgiving.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just called Palm and was told that the 2-3 days shipping time referred to "pre-shipping."
    I was told that no 700Ps will actually be shipped until next week.

Jeff
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast