Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ccotnoir-- I (and I'm sure others) will be particularly interested in seeing how things go as a fellow mac user. Couldn't quite tell from your post... you said you DID connect to the mac via DUN (meaning via bluetooth connection or cable?.... ). I currently connect to my mac PB/ 650 with bluetooth, and it works fine.... I'd think that if the cable isn't working, you might try a BT connection (slower than cable would be, but supposedly still faster than 650).

Let us know how it goes!
    pdadoc - Connected via bluetooth. Simple set up, not blazing speeds, but faster than 650 (though again, not officially clocked). Will also try via usb cable. Will play a bit on my commute home tonight to see how it goes.
    Missing sync was money though, so it's a good sign that Palm didn't mess with things too much.
    Doesn't seem to have the obex profile either, but again, I haven't had a real chance to dive in.
    Anyway, perhaps I should start posting this stuff in the mac area as I go along.
    Thanks for posting that, as a Mac user it make me feel good Missing Sync is an awesome app, and Mark Space is constantly adding new features and updating it. Glad to hear it'w working out great.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That might not be this weekend my friend.

I stubbornly worked on the "IF" and then the "WHEN" aspects of this issue for 8 months --- now I am going to work the "PRICE" side of the equation.

Cheers.
    Pascal? Perry's 700p language?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    I'm at work, so I can't post pictures, but here's a bit of information.
    I sync with a mac using missing sync. Worked perfectly.
    I feel like the touchscreen is a bit off, meaning when I click on a field for a menu say, either nothing happens, or it takes one more hit. I've calibrated and will keep an eye on this.
    I connected to my mac using DUN. However, when I called Verizon to try to add this feature to my plan, they said, "you can't tether with a Treo." I went into the store and they were not aware of this either, so as of now, I can't "officially" tether. Couldn't convince them that this was in fact announced by Verizon with pricing. It does however work right out of the box.
    I have not installed anything at this point, so I can't comment on stability.
    I'm sure once I get into things and some of the additional functionality, I'll be happier, but right now, I feel like, "been there, done that."
    I will say that, while I haven't yet measured the speeds of EVDO, it is a noticeable difference. I should add that I am in NYC.
    Wait, you have a Mac at work but can't post a picture?? There is somthing wrng here...
    can somebody tell me what the bluetooth improvements will be with the 700? I tried bluetooth headset with my 650 but way too much static and poor volume.
    it is still BT1.2 isn't it? the driver is 2.0 if I recall correctly and someone earlier stated it had better BT range. sorry but the BT range is determined by standards not device.
    In fact you have a 700P now so go to the bathroom take a pic of it with the mirror and then upload it from the 700P...
    so there will be no real improvement in sound quality with the 700?
    On a bluetooth headset. I tried 640 and the JX10.
    Tried taking that bathroom pic but the light went out first... Sorry
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    650 was BT 1.1, 700 is BT 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech
    Tried taking that bathroom pic but the light went out first... Sorry
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Maybe the new BT 1.2 knocked out the bathroom lights http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Maybe the new BT 1.2 knocked out the bathroom lights http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
    "Captain, looks like we have a warp core breach. An EM pluse blew the lights and it was all downhill from there..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    "Captain, looks like we have a warp core breach. An EM pluse blew the lights and it was all downhill from there..."
    It was that ounce of antimatter...that 1 negative out of 500,000 positively charged protons.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I know sprint is going to get the 700p before vzw. Vzw network is not good as many think, so you're really not paying for the network. Its all about Alltel j/k Sprint baby!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    I know sprint is going to get the 700p before vzw. Vzw network is not good as many think, so you're really not paying for the network. Its all about Alltel j/k Sprint baby!
    Dude, don't bogart that doobie.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Great to hear about the BT. Been with Verizon for years, but based on everything here, am going to give Sprint a try and see if coverage is ok here.... It's all KStewart's fault....
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Great to hear about the BT. Been with Verizon for years, but based on everything here, am going to give Sprint a try and see if coverage is ok here.... It's all KStewart's fault....
    I hope your coverage is good...PM me, we have to keep it on a downlow if it isn't.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast