Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Whoever first labeled this "silly season" was absolutely correct. This has gotten completely out of control. The whole "play-by-play" is ridiculous.

New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order was accepted".
    New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order was processed."
    New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order will ship in x days."
    New thread title: "No e-mail today"
    New thread title: "Still no e-mail"
    New thread title: "Called SBC to see if e-mail was up. They said it was."
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Whoever first labeled this "silly season" was absolutely correct. This has gotten completely out of control. The whole "play-by-play" is ridiculous.

New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order was accepted".
    New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order was processed."
    New thread title: "Got an e-mail that says my order will ship in x days."
    New thread title: "No e-mail today"
    New thread title: "Still no e-mail"
    New thread title: "Called SBC to see if e-mail was up. They said it was."
    And now... a summary of the play-by-play...

Hoovs! I know you are getting a 700P. You waiting like a normal person?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    just not whining like some here. No I cant get mine yet either, so what. Hopefully Ill know a lil sumthin about it when it arrives from folks who already got theirs, If certain people here havnt pissed them off so bad they wont post about it.
    Thank you....I'm not bragging about having Verizon and getting the phone before you guys. The releases are so close to eachother who even cares!!

I pay higher prices for Verizon because I've been with them for 7 years (since they were LA Air Touch or something lol) and I trust them and I'm not changing. I wouldn't have minded waiting another few days to get the device. I just want the device!

Geez people!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    And now... a summary of the play-by-play...

Hoovs! I know you are getting a 700P. You waiting like a normal person?
    I've got a couple weeks to go and then I get an upgrade discount from Verizon. Either I wait for that or I go with Sprint. Either way I wait.

EDIT- of course, the longer I wait, the more I look at the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Let me guess...Democrat?

I think he's from Tampa...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I ordered it from the VZW Web site on Tuesday and the status still says "order received. Check back tomorrow." At this rate, I'll probably be able to get it from a VZW store before I they send it from Web sales.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I ordered it from the VZW Web site on Tuesday and the status still says "order received. Check back tomorrow." At this rate, I'll probably be able to get it from a VZW store before I they send it from Web sales.
    Reminds me of a bar near my house. It has a big neon sign in the window:

FREE BEER
    tomorrow
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    i didnt order a 700p. but i called in to see if an order had been processed and/or shipped to me, and one hasnt....

no email either.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Let me guess...Democrat?

Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Im with verizon and have to wait 2 weeks to get a better price. so there..
    everyone be happy we are finally getting it
    Just to let you all know I did not get a 700P today so there will be no pictures.

We need a Perry alert thread with his experience getting the P from start to finish. Avatar can take pics with the 650 and he can post them for us.
    That might not be this weekend my friend.

I stubbornly worked on the "IF" and then the "WHEN" aspects of this issue for 8 months --- now I am going to work the "PRICE" side of the equation. When I can get the $399 on my newly openned SERO line -- it will be mine. If this fails -- Sprint will learn the definition of a cheerfully stubborn, persistent, will not go away PITA; thy name is Perry.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by airoid
    I pay higher prices for Verizon because I've been with them for 7 years (since they were LA Air Touch or something lol) and I trust them and I'm not changing.
    Even though they will hand the government your call records without a fight?
    I'm at work, so I can't post pictures, but here's a bit of information.
    I sync with a mac using missing sync. Worked perfectly.
    I feel like the touchscreen is a bit off, meaning when I click on a field for a menu say, either nothing happens, or it takes one more hit. I've calibrated and will keep an eye on this.
    I connected to my mac using DUN. However, when I called Verizon to try to add this feature to my plan, they said, "you can't tether with a Treo." I went into the store and they were not aware of this either, so as of now, I can't "officially" tether. Couldn't convince them that this was in fact announced by Verizon with pricing. It does however work right out of the box.
    I have not installed anything at this point, so I can't comment on stability.
    I'm sure once I get into things and some of the additional functionality, I'll be happier, but right now, I feel like, "been there, done that."
    I will say that, while I haven't yet measured the speeds of EVDO, it is a noticeable difference. I should add that I am in NYC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That might not be this weekend my friend.

I stubbornly worked on the "IF" and then the "WHEN" aspects of this issue for 8 months --- now I am going to work the "PRICE" side of the equation. When I can get the $399 on my newly openned SERO line -- it will be mine. If this fails -- Sprint will learn the definition of a cheerfully stubborn, persistent, will not go away PITA; thy name is Perry.

Cheers.
    So we find Perry is the shrewd negotator. Aha!
    I don't want to brag, but I just received my Treo 800q. It came by Fedex, and has a 3 inch WXGA screen, 200G of storage, Intel DuoCore PDA Edition processor, telepathic keyboard, and came with the optional spatula and can opener. It measures the exact dimensions of an index card, and weighs less than two ounces. It offers T-3 data rates and comes branded as a MetroPCS product.
    David, David, David.
    David... If it doesn't have Wi-Fi, it is useless!

And where are the photoshopped pics?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    David... If it doesn't have Wi-Fi, it is useless!

And where are the photoshopped pics?
    Yea, but what other PDA do you know of that can be folded up and made into a paper airplane? That should count for something.

I'm at work so I can't provide pictures, but you can trust me, it exists.
    What is this about the spatula and can opener being options?
    They should be standard. I'll bet the can opener is only the 1.0 version, when all the other carriers have 2.0 models!

I heard that they will require an extra $15 a month charge to use the Spatula. If you are not on a Spatula Plan, they ding you for more extreame charges. When will they learn?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast