Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I been a developer for about a year, so this won't apply to me.
    Palm knows about people signing up for the discount.

**Please note that only registered developers who have been a member of the PluggedIn program for at least 60 days are eligible for this discount. Anyone abusing this program will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by rican454

**Please note that only registered developers who have been a member of the PluggedIn program for at least 60 days are eligible for this discount. Anyone abusing this program will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    It's about time.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by rican454

I can confirm this message is now up on the site. Glad I've been a member there for alot longer (since the Sony CLIE days).

There would be alot of people to prosecute though.
    That took longer than I expected.
    now to sit back and watch the fun. this is gonna be good
    Just logged in, and see it in red letters.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Uh oh. What should I do?

*Hides under bed*
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Uh oh. What should I do?

*Hides under bed*
    Cancel your order?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Cancel your order?
    I dunno. I registered for the developer site before May 22nd, but it hasn't been 60 days.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Hey...perry...should have mine soon...
    thanks again!!
    I'm not condoning this, but let them contact you. I've been a pluggedin member for almost 5 years. They are giving people a fair warning not to do this, they know people have already done it. If you did it I think you'd get a warning, or a cancelled order. People who are stupid enough to do it now when it is in red letters on their site have whatever Palm plans on doing coming to them.
    Jimmie Geddes
    it's just a scare tactic. no..they aren't gonna cancel orders, and they sure ain't gonna "prosecute"..haha. I can just imagine the headlines. Besides i'm sure all those signed up before today are safe and if they DO cancel orders..so be it, sprint will be up and running soon enough.
    so, who is the one that let the cat out of the bag? We are lucky they did not get rid of it for all developers!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Good thing I signed up last summer for work, and lightly dabbling in some coding in that treo 650 simulator.
    Exactly, don't bring attention to yourself. They are just covering their backs, I'm surprised it took them this long.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I know that someone posted it on some "deals" site the day the 700p was available to order.
    Jimmie Geddes
    What exactly *is* "the full extent of the law" as far as this issue is concerned? Seems to me that they should have simply stated that they'd be cancelling orders for people who they felt were abusing this. Can you actually imagine them prosecuting someone for buying a 700p for $550? This takes the cake.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Scare tactic, when you click that product discount program and you see the red letters you'll think twice. No one is going to do hard time,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    It's been put on some high traffic deal websites, e.g. SlickDeals, FatWallet.

EDIT: Jimmie beat me to it.
    Some might say it's more of a punishment waiting for the 700p,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast