Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Scare tactic, when you click that product discount program and you see the red letters you'll think twice. No one is going to do hard time,lol.
    No one will go to jail. But it'd be nice to see Palm cancel whoever ordered a 700 two minutes after signing up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Well I cacelled my order. I was just looking for an excuse to cancel it and get it sooner at Sprint store. Funny thing when I cancelled Palm CS tried to talk me out of doing it. This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. I may just say the heck with Palm and get a 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    I may just say the heck with Palm and get a 6700.
    I've been saying that for a few months now. But I'm holding out until I can physically try out the 700 at a store.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Hey...perry...should have mine soon...
    thanks again!!
    Well I cacelled my order. I was just looking for an excuse to cancel it and get it sooner at Sprint store. Funny thing when I cancelled Palm CS tried to talk me out of doing it.
    Ooh...that may mean they already shipped it out.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I don't think they would really prosecute.

They would cancel orders, but prosecute. Stupid thought.
    I've been a Palm Developer since 2000 - but I lost access to the email account I used to register. Since Palm specifically says that you must create a new account if you lost access to the registered email, I did that. I don't know what to expect now.
    Conrad
    don't cancel your order, you're fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Hire a lawyer.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    If you guys ordered before Palm added those fine prints then you are fine. I'm guessing the new ones should be concern about it. I'm a developer and I've done quite a few apps in the past, but I lost my registration and I registered again to by my Treo 700p. Do I feel like I did something wrong??? NO....!!!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    If you guys ordered before Palm added those fine prints then you are fine. I'm guessing the new ones should be concern about it. I'm a developer and I've done quite a few apps in the past, but I lost my registration and I registered again to by my Treo 700p. Do I feel like I did something wrong??? NO....!!!

Al

my thoughts exactly.

..if you ordered before the fine print, don't sweat it. (I wouldn't)

On the bright side, thank goodness I signed up a while back
    They put that up so they can deter it now. If you ordered before the red letters you are fine. Don't cancel your order. Palm would rather keep your order.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well that goes my theory in another thread about it being a marketing tool and Palm being geniuses. Someone at Palm was actually was dumb enough not to anticipate this....
    Be aware that there are two different Palm Developer programs. One is at www.developerpavilion.com and the other is developers.palm.com. I think one is owned by PalmSource and the other by Palm. Are these separate companies? I have been a member at PalmSource since 3/23/04.
    Well I am very bothered right now about this entire situation. Just as soon as I read that you had to be registered for 60 days, I cancelled my order. Irregardless of whether I would be caught or not, if this was something I shouldn't do, I'm not going to do it. I then went by my local Sprint store (Cary, NC) and talked to someone there and the CS had no idea when they would be getting the 700p. When I told her that folks were talking about them being in stores for sale by Sunday, she doubted it seriously. But she did say the phone had been ringing all day with folks asking about it. So right now I have no idea when or even if I might get a 700p. If I can't get it in a store, I could use Sprint telesales, but the CS said I couldn't use any type of upgrade rebate by doing this. The upgrade rebates are only good if you buy it in the store she said. In the meantime I am back using my old 300 because I'm in process of selling my 650. This is all ridiculous. It's just a stupid cell phone for goodness sakes. I'm thinking seriously about just scrapping the entire idea of getting a 700p and either 1) keep my old 650 or 2) buy a 6700 and say to h___ with Palm.
    Call Palm 2-3 days isn't bad at all. Wish you hadn't jumped the gun, but 2-3 days is short.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wolf,

I kinda agree with you. My only worry is that if I cancel my order now I'll be put so far back in the queue it's ridiculous. I'm not sure how to handle this one. I know that I will play a part in future development as I mentioned in another thread for schools, but they may not accept that sincerity, so I'm going to ponder over it for a while...
    Well I am very bothered right now about this entire situation. Just as soon as I read that you had to be registered for 60 days, I cancelled my order. Irregardless of whether I would be caught or not, if this was something I shouldn't do, I'm not going to do it. I then went by my local Sprint store (Cary, NC) and talked to someone there and the CS had no idea when they would be getting the 700p. When I told her that folks were talking about them being in stores for sale by Sunday, she doubted it seriously. But she did say the phone had been ringing all day with folks asking about it. So right now I have no idea when or even if I might get a 700p. If I can't get it in a store, I could use Sprint telesales, but the CS said I couldn't use any type of upgrade rebate by doing this. The upgrade rebates are only good if you buy it in the store she said. In the meantime I am back using my old 300 because I'm in process of selling my 650. This is all ridiculous. It's just a stupid cell phone for goodness sakes. I'm thinking seriously about just scrapping the entire idea of getting a 700p and either 1) keep my old 650 or 2) buy a 6700 and say to h___ with Palm.
    U saw no cop today and entered in HOV lane while knowing all along that limit is for 2 person+. Now when metro announced that they have people on camera and you got to pay fine you are mad at them???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    U saw no cop today and entered in HOV lane while knowing all along that limit is for 2 person+. Now when metro announced that they have people on camera and you got to pay fine you are mad at them???
    Actually I had registered as a developer a few years back thinking I might dabble in some freeware for the Treo. I never did anything with it though, and when I tried to log back on a few days ago, I couldn't even remember my login and password. So I created a new login, but then I find out that unless you did this 60 days back, you shouldn't get the $100 discount. They should have foreseen this and posted that notice beforehand. Regardless, I guess I'm just frustrated at all the hoopla about this thing. It's my own fault. I should have just waited a few months until there wasn't so much demand. Now I find I'm having to use my old 300 which doesn't hold a battery charge for longer than 3-4 hours. I'm just venting that's all. I'm still eligible for a $75 upgrade rebate at the stores, so I guess I'll just join the throngs Sunday and hopefully luck out and get one there. If not, I may just jump over to a 6700. I've kind of been on the fence all along between a 6700 and the 700p.
    Do Not Cancel Your Order Now, You Are Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast