1.    #1  
    I'm planning to purchase a Sprint Treo 700P to replace my 600 next week, and I'm also wanting to mount my Treo in my car for both Bluetooth GPS navigation and sending stereo audio to the car stereo via cassette adaptor. The Seidio G4100M car mount appears to support this (stereo out on the mount), however it's currently only rated to support the 700W. Any reason why the mount wouldn't work for the 700P? Aren't both 700's the same physical dimensions with the same audio/charging in/outs?

Also, I'm curious if folks have had luck using Egrips with Treos mounted in Seidio's products. I've heard that Treos fit rather snugly in their car kits.

-Brian
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    Quote Originally Posted by bracherb
    I'm planning to purchase a Sprint Treo 700P to replace my 600 next week, and I'm also wanting to mount my Treo in my car for both Bluetooth GPS navigation and sending stereo audio to the car stereo via cassette adaptor. The Seidio G4100M car mount appears to support this (stereo out on the mount), however it's currently only rated to support the 700W. Any reason why the mount wouldn't work for the 700P? Aren't both 700's the same physical dimensions with the same audio/charging in/outs?

Also, I'm curious if folks have had luck using Egrips with Treos mounted in Seidio's products. I've heard that Treos fit rather snugly in their car kits.

-Brian
    I asked them this exact question today, and this was their response:

Hi ****,

As far as we know, our current 650 cradles will not work with the 700p; the
    good news is that we are working on a new set of cradles specifically for
    this model and should have them available online shortly. As far as the
    differences in the existing model numbers, the 2350 has a built-in GPS
    chipset, but no speaker. The 4850 has both a built-in GPS chipset and
    speaker. The 4500 has a built-in speaker, but no GPS chipset - you would
    have to purchase a separate GPS receiver like our RBT2010. Please let us
    know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

Order Dept.
    Seidio, INC.
  3.    #3  
    Well, that partly answers my question; at least we know they're planning on releasing new car kits for the 700P. But the Seidio G4100M is listed as supporting the 700W, according to their website, not the 650. In their response, they make no mention of this specific car kit model. Maybe I'll send them another question myself. Did you e-mail them from www.seidioonline.com?

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    I thought all of the 650 accessories were supposed to work on the 700. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by bracherb
    Well, that partly answers my question; at least we know they're planning on releasing new car kits for the 700P. But the Seidio G4100M is listed as supporting the 700W, according to their website, not the 650. In their response, they make no mention of this specific car kit model. Maybe I'll send them another question myself. Did you e-mail them from www.seidioonline.com?

-B
    Well I asked two questions. The first was whether the cradles for the 650 would work with the 700p (they said they don't think so) and the second was the difference between the cradle options currently (hence the second part of the answer).

I emailed them at order@seidioonline.com, and they literally responded within 15 minutes.