Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Ok I called. I spoke to a Rob, he asked my order # and saw when I ordered, He said he knows Palm just updated the times if you order now. He said you'll definitely be in the first shipment since you ordered very early. People who order now will get them in 2-3 days. So I said is there a possibility of a Friday delivery he said they could ship them out tonight or tomorrow and I'd get Friday, it would depend when it goes out. It could be Friday or Tuesday, but he hasn't heard anything solid yet. I apologized for calling since they must be getting hammered and he laughed, he said they have, but people want these bad so it's cool.
    Well thats more like what I expected to hear. I dont see why theyre telling every one a week worth of dates span in when theyre going to ship, I cant see themnot having some clue within reason of a day or 2
    I placed my order at 5/22/2006 04:10:06 AM.
    Mine was re-ordered on 5/24/2006 01:42:35 PM.
    I think I may have screwed up trying to make sure I got the 1gb. Rep canceled the previous one which was like 5.21.06 10:29 pm
    But I was assured that "All Orders are being shipped on the same day, they have enough 700p in stock and there is no such thing as a back order list atleast not yet"
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    Mine was re-ordered on 5/24/2006 01:42:35 PM.
    I think I may have screwed up trying to make sure I got the 1gb. Rep canceled the previous one which was like 5.21.06 10:29 pm
    But I was assured that "All Orders are being shipped on the same day, they have enough 700p in stock and there is no such thing as a back order list atleast not yet"
    Id assume youd be same day or next, I cant see only the treocentral memebers taking their whole stock Im sure they have tens if not hundreds of thousands of them in stock and theres only a few thousand of us trecentral members for the Sprint branded 700p's.

Im still not understanding though what Sprint is waiting for if Verizon is already shipping them out, they have them in stock and at most stores already, why not just match Verizon and start selling them, at least on telesales
    Sprint is whacked. They could have done pre-orders, Palm even shows a 2-3 days shipment. I don't know what they're waiting for.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    I think I just screwed my order
    I called again to check the status and the he said he didnt see any free 1gb card on the order. He suggested I cancel the order and he is gonna replace the order with the developer discount + 1 free gb. I asked if doing that might put me in the back order? He said Sir we have enuf to be shipped for all the orders we are getting. And it doesnt matter when you placed it. They all are leaving the warehouse on Monday morning. I asked if FedEx is willing to pick up on a holiday, he said yes they always have for Overnight Service.

I hope that all that is true and we get our "SPRINT" models by Tuesday!
    Did you cancel and have him add on the 1gig card?? And re submit the order.

I probalby need to do the same! Will he do it
    No don't cancel your order. I was told that they put a notification on my 700p order, once it goes out they will get notified. The will ship the 1gb card. There is no need to cancel. They apologized for me not getting them in the same shipment. I told the manager that completely appreciated what he did.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Sprint is whacked. They could have done pre-orders, Palm even shows a 2-3 days shipment. I don't know what they're waiting for.
    I'm wondering if Sprint is going to be heavy in retail inventory? It seems like the Verizon stores I've spoken with aren't expecting them in right away...but the Sprint folks are...Maybe Verizon and Palm and doing the telesales front and Sprint picks up the retail biz?
    Order Date:
    5/22/2006 02:10:51 AM

still says:

Order Status:
    Order Received

HURRY UP PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you sure you guys aren't getting outsourced Indian call center workers? Tim, Rob, Jenny...these are all common American names from the 60's.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Are you sure you guys aren't getting outsourced Indian call center workers? Tim, Rob, Jenny...these are all common American names from the 60's.
    And don't forget "Scott", either...
    Every Palm person I have spoken to is American,lol. They've been nice.
    Jimmie Geddes
    yeh theyre all american, I jsut talked to one cant remember the name asking some other question and mentioned ship dates, he said dont quote me but friday at the earliest.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    yeh theyre all american, I jsut talked to one cant remember the name asking some other question and mentioned ship dates, he said dont quote me but friday at the earliest.
    u just quoted him, ummm without his name I mean
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    thats why I didnt include his name so i wasnt quoting him directly lol. Still hoping well get an update on shipping tomm soemtime or early fri morning, considering I was one of the firstgroup 1130pm 5/21 to order
    Every Palm person I have spoken to is American,lol. They've been nice.
    Trust me if they were Indians I would know, I am from there and know how they work. And if they mess with me and not send me my 700p before Tuesday.. they might here some nice bad words in Hindi while I call to cancel the order.
    <s></s>
    If anyone gets a shipping/email on the Psrint 700p from palm during the night please email me.

jeg815@mac.com
    Jimmie Geddes
  17.    #77  
    damn i cant even sleep. Palm u better your act togather.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    wow so much for bothering to update shipping dates if they dont follow them. The 24th it said shipping out in 2-3 days which would fall on the 26th or 27th which is Fri or Sat. It is now 1210am Fri and my order still says recieved so I dont see it going out today either. Palm, why do you have to lie. Would you like to explain to the guy on EBAY i sold my 650 to why I have to somehow explain youve delayed my phone shipping to me so he has to wait when he paid $375. Would Palm like to pay him back that money? damn last time I trust or buy a Palm product
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    wow so much for bothering to update shipping dates if they dont follow them. The 24th it said shipping out in 2-3 days which would fall on the 26th or 27th which is Fri or Sat. It is now 1210am Fri and my order still says recieved so I dont see it going out today either. Palm, why do you have to lie. Would you like to explain to the guy on EBAY i sold my 650 to why I have to somehow explain youve delayed my phone shipping to me so he has to wait when he paid $375. Would Palm like to pay him back that money? damn last time I trust or buy a Palm product
    Dont u love history?? First Treo650 then Cradle for Treo650. Delays are very popular when it comes to Palm and online shopping with them.

well the b*llsh*t part is our orders arent even in "order processing" which according to the table on Palms site says it will be released for shipping within 24 hours, means no chance of shipping out today, Friday, and slim to none for Sat. Theyre about to lose a customer and prob a bunch more very soon here, I dont get teh hold-up, theyre in stock
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast